Post-Exercise Clean...

Notifications
Clear all

Post-Exercise Cleansing On The Regimen

MemberMember
(@midwestgirlinthecity)

Posted : 08/04/2013 3:16 pm

I have a question:

I have been on the Regimen for a few days and am already seeing amazing results. However, I exercise in the afternoons. How should this affect my cleansing routine? Should I cleanse again after I workout? If I cleanse, should I apply treatment as well? I am not wearing any make-up during the day, at least not until I have consistently clear skin.

Thanks for the help!

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 08/04/2013 5:54 pm

I personally would cleanse and apply treatment again, because sweat mixed with oil on your skin can create a perfect breeding ground for acne. Or you could just wait to apply the BP after your workout and not apply in the morning because if you do sweat your clothing may get bleached.

MemberMember
(@audabby)

Posted : 08/04/2013 6:22 pm

I was wondering about this as well, so thanks for asking! Applying treatment 3 times a day seems like it would be too much. Perhaps only apply half the treatment in the morning and the other half after working out? Dan said at some point (months into DKR) the more BP the better, but idk about early on.

MemberMember
(@midwestgirlinthecity)

Posted : 08/04/2013 7:37 pm

I personally would cleanse and apply treatment again, because sweat mixed with oil on your skin can create a perfect breeding ground for acne. Or you could just wait to apply the BP after your workout and not apply in the morning because if you do sweat your clothing may get bleached.

Thank you! I think I will cleanse and treat again. If it becomes too much, I just moisturize after the afternoon cleansing.

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 08/07/2013 7:49 am

You are so early into the regimen that I would strongly advise against treating again. Apply your treatment as normal in the morning, then after exercising, just gently rinse your face with water, pat dry and reapply moisturiser. The Bp will still be absorbed in your skin and because you haven't "cleansed" your face it should carry you through to the evening.

Do your second Bp treatment as normal in the evening.

MemberMember
(@jiddir)

Posted : 08/08/2013 1:25 am

I am a professional actor and dancer so it is very rare that I can get by with only washing my face twice a day. I apply the regimen 3 times a day but I use less. i use one pump of BP and one pump of moisturizer each time. I also used 10% BP for years so I never experienced the dryness and flakiness when i switched to 2.5%. My skin actually stoped being dry and flaky for the first time in years when I switch to the 2.5%. It seems to work for me. On my days off when I am not incredibly active I only use the regimen twice and just use more bp.

MemberMember
(@midwestgirlinthecity)

Posted : 08/08/2013 7:34 am

I am a professional actor and dancer so it is very rare that I can get by with only washing my face twice a day. I apply the regimen 3 times a day but I use less. i use one pump of BP and one pump of moisturizer each time. I also used 10% BP for years so I never experienced the dryness and flakiness when i switched to 2.5%. My skin actually stoped being dry and flaky for the first time in years when I switch to the 2.5%. It seems to work for me. On my days off when I am not incredibly active I only use the regimen twice and just use more bp.

This is all good advice. I am not noticing much of the extreme dryness everyone else seems to experience. I have been using 5% twice a day for the past two years, so switching to 2.5% actually helped calm my skin down, as well as clear it lightening fast!

I don't want to upset the apple cart, so I've been trying to exercise in the morning before I do the Regimen.

MemberMember
(@runningmom)

Posted : 08/08/2013 6:31 pm

Good question! I am training for a half marathon and just started the regimen on Monday so only on day 4 and only using one time a day now (for right now I apply right after my runs so I can wash my face). I wasn't sure what to do next week when I up it to 2 times a day. I may try my best to run as early as possible (it'll be less hot out then too, which is a plus).