Before And After (B...

Notifications
Clear all

Before And After (Bp Only Nightly)

MemberMember
(@juicy-c)

Posted : 01/25/2013 11:35 pm

Face wash: African Black Soap (Natural, coastalscents.com)

Acne.org 2.5%

Cetaphil Lotion, Lilly Of The Valley Aloe Vera Gel, or none if my face isn't too dry

My name is Brandon, I have been using this method only at night for almost three months. I wash off the BP in the morning and then re-moisturize.. I leave on the moisturizer that I applied in the morning until I repeat the above steps at night before I go to sleep. It has been working pretty nicely so far. I will start using Dans AHA sometime within the next month from now. The before pick was at the end of summer around mid August 2012. I started this regimen October 22nd 2012 and the after pick is today January 13 2013.. give it a try and keep at it dont give up! Let me know what you think so far of the results ive gotten smile.png

How long did it take for u to get clear?? U look great!

MemberMember
(@br93)

Posted : 01/26/2013 3:45 pm

OMG !!!!WOOOW! thats a huge improvement!!! and you dont have like any scarring!!! This is what I find is the issue with acne in darker skin. We tend get hyperpigmentation after the acne is gone but you are soo clear! and thats what my issue has been. Once the acne is gone all the brown spots are left behind. Im using retin-a 0.05 % but it doesnt do much in terms of controlling the acne like BP did but I stoped bp because I had my acne under control but had bad hyper pigmentation. But I was using 5 and 10% for nearly 4 years...maybe that was the issue.... Have you used anything for the marks ?!!!

soooo happy for you its amazing! smile.png)

Thanks sooo much I appreciate the response!!! :) I do hav a little PIH but I it seems to just go away on its own, Im sure its because of the natural black soap I use to clean my face. I started using AHA recently and I will make a post once I have been using that for a while.. And I just started using Indian Aztec Healing Clay aswell... But to me It goes away in time and you just cant keep picking at your skin. Wish you the best!!!! Let me know if you hav any more questions :)

Amazing! Congrats to you!

THANK YOU :)!!!

Wow! You look amazing! I love seeing success stories like this! Congrats - you look very handsome.

:) I honestly do appreciate the nice comments, thanks so much

Amazing results, CONGRATS! Are you using the full dosage at night though? I noticed there are a good amount of people that only use the regimen at night at it works for them too.

Thank you!!! Whats the full dosage? I use like 1 to 3 pumps depending on what I feel like I need that day. Usually like 2 or more though. And now I just started using AHA exactly 3 months from when I started. I love using the regimen only at night! I don't have to worry about discoloring any nice clothes and I dont have to do too much in the morning, just wash and moisturize.

Face wash: African Black Soap (Natural, coastalscents.com)

Acne.org 2.5%

Cetaphil Lotion, Lilly Of The Valley Aloe Vera Gel, or none if my face isn't too dry

My name is Brandon, I have been using this method only at night for almost three months. I wash off the BP in the morning and then re-moisturize.. I leave on the moisturizer that I applied in the morning until I repeat the above steps at night before I go to sleep. It has been working pretty nicely so far. I will start using Dans AHA sometime within the next month from now. The before pick was at the end of summer around mid August 2012. I started this regimen October 22nd 2012 and the after pick is today January 13 2013.. give it a try and keep at it dont give up! Let me know what you think so far of the results ive gotten smile.png

How long did it take for u to get clear?? U look great!

Gracias!!! :) I started on October 22nd 2012 and I made this topic Jan 13th 2013 a little bit (like a week) before a full three months of doing the regimen. Im started AHA Jan 22nd sp exactly 3 months after I started, so I will make another post with those results later this year :)

MemberMember
(@hollieee)

Posted : 01/27/2013 5:40 am

Wow, your skin looks great.. and in such a short time too!

MemberMember
(@kyou)

Posted : 01/27/2013 10:33 am

Do you think that the african black soap also helped???

MemberMember
(@br93)

Posted : 01/27/2013 11:18 pm

Wow, your skin looks great.. and in such a short time too!

Hey Hollieee I appreciate you taking time to post a comment I appreciate it so much!!! :)

Do you think that the african black soap also helped???

Yes I definitely do think the black soap helped. And its ALL NATURAL AFRICAN BLACK SOAP through Fair Trade straight out of africa lol. It comes in a plastic wrap as a big block and you have to cut pieces off to use it.. That is the only thing I use to cleanse my face and from what I looked up on the internet it has many benefits. Its has antibacterial properties, it works great for many darker skin people with PIH. It contains vitamins A and E, antioxidants and polyphenols.. Works great for me. I also started incorporating AHA Jan 22nd, exactly 3 months from when I started this regimen. AHA is an anti-inflammatory, I'm really loving this stuff so much. I apply at night but sometimes I don't if i'm too tired. But since I work inside for like 8 hours I apply in the morning as well with no problems. Im also starting to use Aztec Indian Healing clay mask.I think having a pretty healthy lifestyle also plays a role. Being physically active, eating your veggies and other healthy foods, getting your fiber, a whole food multivitamin, sauna, fasting( I intermittent fast, I only eat food from 2pm-10pm or 3pm-11pm and then stop eating until that time the next day), etc.. One thing I will start doing too is applying sunscreen because I rarely do that and I heard you should.. Sorry for typing all this lol but yea to answer your question black soap is awesome if you get the real deal. I buy mine from Coastalscents.com, when you go there click on the top where it says BATH/BODY, then click on SOAP and its the first one that says "AFRICAN BLACK SOAP".. Enjoy! :)

MemberMember
(@coffeetea)

Posted : 01/28/2013 12:15 am

Full dosage i guess is about 2 pumps with the 16oz and finger length (about 4ml) if you're using the 8oz. But you answered with 2-3 pumps, so guess that answers that, lol. Amazing results though

MemberMember
(@br93)

Posted : 01/28/2013 3:16 pm

Full dosage i guess is about 2 pumps with the 16oz and finger length (about 4ml) if you're using the 8oz. But you answered with 2-3 pumps, so guess that answers that, lol. Amazing results though

Lol yea than I definitely use the full dosage.

MemberMember
(@sel19abcaramel)

Posted : 01/29/2013 8:46 pm

So do you think the black soap helped as well?!. Did you get it from just a regular beauty supply store? I'm from the UK I have a feeling I've seen this soap sold in the shops for hair products for kinky/curly hair. I think Im gona try it. I'm guessing you might just have 'oily' skin because you dont seem to have Hyper pigmentation. I have oily and sensitive skin which is a headache because any kinda 'trauma' to my skin causes a dark mark and takes ages to go without me even touching it. thanks for the info :)

MemberMember
(@shannanigunz)

Posted : 01/29/2013 11:24 pm

That is amazing!! Congrats to you, mate. Lookin good!

MemberMember
(@br93)

Posted : 01/30/2013 2:01 am

So do you think the black soap helped as well?!. Did you get it from just a regular beauty supply store? I'm from the UK I have a feeling I've seen this soap sold in the shops for hair products for kinky/curly hair. I think Im gona try it. I'm guessing you might just have 'oily' skin because you dont seem to have Hyper pigmentation. I have oily and sensitive skin which is a headache because any kinda 'trauma' to my skin causes a dark mark and takes ages to go without me even touching it. thanks for the info smile.png

Yea I really do think black soap helped. It lathers so well and NOTHING else I have ever used before cleanses my skin as good or makes it feel as clean. I think it does something to the skin which makes it less prone to dark marks.. I did have some dark marks and still have a couple little ones, but not picking at my skin and using the soap really helped them go away in time. I don't know if anyone else has experienced this but it seems to me that at a certain point the dark marks just become flaky and peel off and then bam! there's no more dark marks.. I read that many African Americans use it with success and I do have that race mixed in me so I figured it would help and i have loved it since first use. I'm totally sure you can get it in the UK just make sure its AUTHENTIC AFRICAN BLACK SOAP. Make sure its from Fair Trade. Check out coastalscents.com that's where I get mine from, its just a giant block and you cut it into whatever size pieces you prefer. I think you should definitely try out the black soap for a couple of months or longer depending on the severity of the PIH. This along with not pick at your skin at all, and you should definitely see results. Just gotta give it some time you know.. Let me know if you have any other questions, and I hope you make out well ;)

That is amazing!! Congrats to you, mate. Lookin good!

Shannanigunz thanks for taking the time to leave a nice comment! And by the way I'm diggin your username, its kool haha!

MemberMember
(@juicy-c)

Posted : 01/30/2013 11:53 pm

Can u buy the African Black soap at walmart or something?

MemberMember
(@kyle_)

Posted : 01/31/2013 10:32 am

This is amazing, congrats to you! Must be so much better for you now with clear skin

I think this is a good push for other people to try the regimen too with such amazing results like yours!

MemberMember
(@br93)

Posted : 01/31/2013 3:25 pm

Can u buy the African Black soap at walmart or something?

You may be able to get it there but I can assure you its not the real stuff. Black soap isn't actually black as most stores carry, and which Walmart will probably have. I don't know if you saw my responses to questions about black soap other users had but I get mine from coastalscents.com. For like $13 you get a pound of the soap. Coastal Scents black soap is imported from Ghana in Africa where it is hand pressed and processed by women in a small village there. It doesn't have any scents, preservatives OR chemicals in it. I would suggest you get it from there, you can then be sure of its authenticity.. All you do is cut a little chunk off, wet your hands and the soap , then lather it in your hands. It lathers so well this stuff will last you a long time, like i said you get a whole pound which is a lot. Heres a link I hope you enjoy:

http://www.coastalscents.com/bath-and-body/made-in-africa/soap/as-011.html

This is amazing, congrats to you! Must be so much better for you now with clear skin

I think this is a good push for other people to try the regimen too with such amazing results like yours!

Thanks Kyle_!!! Yea hopefully it will help others get some motivation to start the regimen or even to keep going and not to give up!

MemberMember
(@user142279)

Posted : 01/31/2013 3:40 pm

Hey Br93! How's the AHA working for ya?

MemberMember
(@br93)

Posted : 01/31/2013 11:19 pm

Hey Br93! How's the AHA working for ya?

Hey tim12! Hows it going? I have been using the AHA for about a week so far, so its not enough time to see any major differences. But I love the AHA a lot. I do feel my skin getting a little softer and it definitely helps keep inflammation down tho. I think I should see some great visible results maybe 4-6 months from now. I have it in my mind that it may take just that long or even longer to see some great improvement but hey if I see it early that would be great! I just rather be super patient than to expect something sooner than reasonable and be disappointed u know..

MemberMember
(@user142279)

Posted : 01/31/2013 11:34 pm

You've got a great mindset! The best results are always way later on. It's good to know it works with your skin! So many people are fond of Dan's AHA! If I didn't have psoriasis on my face occasionally, I'd still be using it (ended up giving it to my mom again ). I'm doing pretty well, thanks for asking! Just doing school and all that. This is probably my best semester skin wise, and I'm sure you can relate: it's nice not having to really worry about skin as much! Things aren't perfect necessarily, but not having huge concentrated areas is nice!

MemberMember
(@troublewacne)

Posted : 02/01/2013 3:46 am

Dude, your skin looks amazing! Keep up whatever your doing!

MemberMember
(@fischer1)

Posted : 02/01/2013 9:50 am

hard times, i know all about that... im so glad that you got rid your acne!

a question - do you moistureize over your bp in the night?

MemberMember
(@br93)

Posted : 02/04/2013 6:57 am

You've got a great mindset! The best results are always way later on. It's good to know it works with your skin! So many people are fond of Dan's AHA! If I didn't have psoriasis on my face occasionally, I'd still be using it (ended up giving it to my mom again lol.gif). I'm doing pretty well, thanks for asking! Just doing school and all that. This is probably my best semester skin wise, and I'm sure you can relate: it's nice not having to really worry about skin as much! Things aren't perfect necessarily, but not having huge concentrated areas is nice!

Thanks! Yea Im looking for those later on results and not too worried about immediate results.. How come you cant use AHA with psoriasis? And thats good to hear this is your best semester with your skin! I know how what you mean bro, It feels so great not worrying too much about your skin. That added stress is gone and you can focus on other things.. I find though you have to keep consistent with the regimen because when you clear up sometimes you may feel you can slack off here and there you know what I mean?

Dude, your skin looks amazing! Keep up whatever your doing!

Thanks!

hard times, i know all about that... im so glad that you got rid your acne!

a question - do you moistureize over your bp in the night?

Yea thanks, it was definitely rough, but I stuck with it and results came. I moisturize with either cetaphil lotion, aloe vera, or sometimes If Im too tired or if my skin isn't too dry I dont moisturize at all. Lately though I started using AHA after the BP as my moisturizer and also in the morning if im not going to be exposed to the sun much.

MemberMember
(@alaskanborn88)

Posted : 02/04/2013 12:31 pm

Those are incredible results. Not only did you become acne free in mere months after suffering from severe acne but you don't have hardly any marks on your face.

Needless to say I'm very jealous. I don't have acne anywhere near as severe as you did but the regimen hasn't been nearly as effective for me. It does a good job of treating my acne but it leaves behind dark marks that take months to fade and doesn't seem to do much in the way of curbing breakouts. The only success I've had in that regard is monitoring what I eat and staying away from unhealthy foods but even then it only helps so much. Maybe I should try some of that African Soap? I'm getting desperate at this point.

MemberMember
(@liyahandkmanmom)

Posted : 02/04/2013 6:25 pm

Looks great! Glad you are having such great results.rolleyes.gif You are such a cutie!

MemberMember
(@br93)

Posted : 02/04/2013 9:03 pm

Those are incredible results. Not only did you become acne free in mere months after suffering from severe acne but you don't have hardly any marks on your face.

Needless to say I'm very jealous. I don't have acne anywhere near as severe as you did but the regimen hasn't been nearly as effective for me. It does a good job of treating my acne but it leaves behind dark marks that take months to fade and doesn't seem to do much in the way of curbing breakouts. The only success I've had in that regard is monitoring what I eat and staying away from unhealthy foods but even then it only helps so much. Maybe I should try some of that African Soap? I'm getting desperate at this point.

Yea that was the worst my acne has ever been. It wasn't a time I enjoyed at all.. Just stick with the regimen, the time it takes to get results varies from person to person. When I started the regimen I had in my mind it would take about 6 months or longer to see results, but results came quicker. Just keep doing it and you will see results. It may take several months but if you are persistent and do it correctly you should be on your way to being acne free :). Regarding dark spots I think the black soap would definitely work well for you and for many people. Heres a link to the real soap, theres many fakes out there: http://www.coastalsc...oap/as-011.html .. Even with that, it may take several months to see results. Just stick to the regimen and dont stop when you dont notice improvement. Sometimes we see ourselves so much we dont notice changes in our skin but others do. That was the case with me. I really didn't notice my skin was clearing until people were like "hey your skin is looking good". As regards diet, keep doing what your doing trying to stay away from unhealthy foods. Even if it only helps your acne a "tiny" bit, thats definitely a plus. I mean you want to be overall healthy too right? How long were you on the regimen for? And what were your steps? Feel free to ask me any other questions you have :)

Looks great! Glad you are having such great results.rolleyes.gif You are such a cutie!

THANKS!!! wub.png

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 02/06/2013 9:34 am

would you say the african black soap makes a huge difference? i just got some in the mail. Its a different brand but the ingridents are the same and it looks exactly the same as the coastal scents one. I read somewhere it can cause purging? did it for you?

MemberMember
(@br93)

Posted : 02/06/2013 11:16 pm

would you say the african black soap makes a huge difference? i just got some in the mail. Its a different brand but the ingridents are the same and it looks exactly the same as the coastal scents one. I read somewhere it can cause purging? did it for you?

Is it Fair Trade? Nice to hear you ordered some! I think it makes a difference, its the only cleanser I use for my face. It makes my face feel really clean, it removes all surface oil and dirt. And after using the soap for a while I really don't experience much dark marks. If I do they are tiny and just peel off.. I guess a new layer of skin forms and they just peel, idk the science behind it if there is any lol. I just know it works for me, I did research online and looked at reviews before I bought it for myself. Many people find it works for them and I have been pleased with the results myself.. But as with anything you start using don't use it for 1 month and say "OMG it doesn't work" haha. Give it time, changes happen over time.. Hope it works well for you

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 02/18/2013 6:26 am

Is it Fair Trade? Nice to hear you ordered some! I think it makes a difference, its the only cleanser I use for my face. It makes my face feel really clean, it removes all surface oil and dirt. And after using the soap for a while I really don't experience much dark marks. If I do they are tiny and just peel off.. I guess a new layer of skin forms and they just peel, idk the science behind it if there is any lol. I just know it works for me, I did research online and looked at reviews before I bought it for myself. Many people find it works for them and I have been pleased with the results myself.. But as with anything you start using don't use it for 1 month and say "OMG it doesn't work" haha. Give it time, changes happen over time.. Hope it works well for you

yeah its completely fair trade (they even use a certain palm oil to help the orangutans haha)

it makes my skin feel really squeaky clean and i can feel the flakey skin from the bp coming off in my fingers, gross but really satisfying!

I did read something about the pH of this being a concern but if it works for so many people then whats one bad review? i love that it only has four ingredients, i accidentally got this in my mouth and it even tastes okay (weird i know but strangely reassuring haha)