Notifications
Clear all

regimen scam?

MemberMember
(@wombat666)

Posted : 09/13/2010 4:18 pm

This reeks of 'sore loser'. Someone tried the regimen, probably didn't do it right (despite claiming that they did), probably didn't even go the full three-four months, and is now venting their unjustified frustration.

MemberMember
(@bigfish)

Posted : 09/13/2010 6:01 pm

I was really skeptical too. Trust me... I had visited this site plenty of times and laughed at it. I had Retin-A! But then I realized that the Retin-A was loosing its effect because I was getting older and my acne was getting worse. So I went out and bought the neutrogena stuff and followed this for like a week. It worked pretty well... so I bought the cleanser and the treatment and the AHA in the smallest quantities I could get. The AHA did work pretty darn well... the BP was the same, it felt smoother and less drying but I can't really tell if thats better or not. The soap stuff does feel nice though. It doesn't make my face beet red after I use it. Anyways... the point of this is that why not try something that has the POSSIBILITY of making your skin better? I didn't have much to loose personally. The principle behind it makes sense (to me). Although I do admit that if my skin starts getting worse again (I'm past week 4) and doesn't recover then I'll be just as mad, because I KNOW I'm doing this right. And I also know that if I do, I'll post stuff and people will hide behind the fact that it can be done wrong, or that I wasn't gentle enough and no one will believe the fact that it actually didn't work!

MemberMember
(@littleguy)

Posted : 09/14/2010 12:06 am

^Good point. I've definitely seen people in their 20th week here talking about having a horrible breakout and thinking that they must be doing something wrong. The truth is that this cannot work for everyone. I am now debating on what to do. I'm in my 8th week and I have seen no results whatsoever. I just experienced a bad breakout and my skin is in terrible shape, which sucks as I have a really important job interview tomorrow. The "What To Expect" page needs some serious changes. I think I'll ride it out till week 11 and if I'm still breaking out its finally time for Accutane.

MemberMember
(@koksy)

Posted : 09/14/2010 1:59 am

you sound like my mom. Either you're a troll, or fucking paranoid. There are hundreds if not thousands of users on this forum that use the regimen every day and have great results, some better than others.

If the standard regimen isn't working for you, buy AHA and jojoba, that's when it rally started working for me.

MemberMember
(@necromancer)

Posted : 09/14/2010 8:51 am

you sound like my mom. Either you're a troll, or fucking paranoid. There are hundreds if not thousands of users on this forum that use the regimen every day and have great results, some better than others.

If the standard regimen isn't working for you, buy AHA and jojoba, that's when it rally started working for me.

IMO AHA is the best product on this site. And I thought Dan sucked when I first joined. Go find my 2006 and 2007 posts. I didn't buy AHA until just a couple of years ago. Since then, marks on my face have faded and my skin looks younger than it has been in years.

MemberMember
(@majormiles)

Posted : 09/14/2010 11:21 am

Yeah , it's a massive scam. The illuminati run the whole thing and when you put the bp on tiny cameras are implanted in your skin cells.

hahaha that actually really cheered me up so thank you whoever you are!

I cant use the regimen, because im allergic to bp, but all i know is that this website is fantastic, and it helps me through the bad times

I dont think Dan is a "scam", i truely believe that hes trying to help us (eg. you`re given information about over the counter treatments that can help NOT just the ones hes selling!!!)

god bless acne.org!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MemberMember
(@whitelotus2011)

Posted : 09/14/2010 3:30 pm

Why are you folks even giving this guy attention? A troll by any other name...

MemberMember
(@absurdcheetah)

Posted : 09/14/2010 3:38 pm

XXX

MemberMember
(@necromancer)

Posted : 09/14/2010 4:00 pm

I'm not talking to the OP, speakin to the world,

Tryin to clear skin on every boy and every girl,

Showin how a hater went and turned supporta,

Quick guys give Necromancer a tape recorda,

Right after he makes another orda,

Got lunch today at On the Borda,

But Mexican food ain't going through AHA, thought I tolds ya?

MemberMember
(@acnevsme)

Posted : 09/14/2010 4:12 pm

that was some good rhyme you got there

but is just too unfair

ill rap battle you if you dont care

ill tear you apart like a bear

but i bet you wont battle back cuz you wont dare

ill make you my head wear

im just an extinct species im rare

now im just going to relax and sit on my chair

MemberMember
(@berserk)

Posted : 09/14/2010 4:51 pm

Yeah , it's a massive scam. The illuminati run the whole thing and when you put the bp on tiny cameras are implanted in your skin cells.

hahahaha OWNED

MemberMember
(@paranoidandroid)

Posted : 09/15/2010 10:31 pm

Dragon, I agree with you. I'm 99% positive that Dan Kern is the leader of a secretive terrorist group that is hell-bent on destroying the acne-prone people of America. Once we are all destroyed, he will move on to dandruff sufferers.

MemberMember
(@isyourmama_a_llama)

Posted : 09/15/2010 11:11 pm

Dragon, I agree with you. I'm 99% positive that Dan Kern is the leader of a secretive terrorist group that is hell-bent on destroying the acne-prone people of America. Once we are all destroyed, he will move on to dandruff sufferers.

LOL good stuff. Personally, Dan's products have worked very well for me. And the people that post their success stories are only doing it b/c we're amazed that it actually works and we want to encourage other acne-sufferers out there to consider trying it. Acne can be very emotionally trying, and we just want to help. There are actually good ppl (like Dan) left in this world, you know.

MemberMember
(@mulzachan)

Posted : 09/16/2010 12:14 am

Dragon, it seems things in this thread have been taken a bit far. but surely you can understand how you were almost asking for it. you're coming into a forum of members who have come to this site for help, a lot of whom have RECEIVED it, and telling them it's basically a lie. surely you can see this might not have been the best way to go about it.

now, if the regimen didn't work for you, the beauty with this forum is that it discusses ALL treatments of acne. don't you think if Dan was running some scam he'd only have things dedicated to the regimen? this forum helps with all acne products/problems, and a lot of people here enjoy coming on here to help others, or just discuss things with some people they can relate to over the internet. i know that's why i get on.

i'm sorry the regimen didn't work for you. that stinks. but it's worked for a lot of people here, and telling them it's a scam can be offensive to them. the regimen has changed peoples LIVES, to be quite frank. Dan's trying to do a really good thing here.

you are ok to have your doubts, but to attack with no other case than the regimen didn't work for you, it seems a little illogical to follow with a thread like this. hopefully you can understand this all isn't a scam and we can get past this thread.

MemberMember
(@ellie713)

Posted : 09/16/2010 2:44 pm

I was walking our dog in the park today when she ran up to a couple with a baby, looking for them to pat her (v friendly dog). As I turned to smile at the girl I saw that she had very bad acne scarring and I felt so sorry.

Dan's regimen may not work for everyone, but it does work for many many people and saves them - myself included, from suffering scarring to this extent. The fact that people can be left to suffer such bad effects from acne shows that doctors don't know much about treating it and in my experience, many don't much care. I don't know what the situation is in other countries, but here in the UK if you need to see a dermatologist the chances are you will have to wait, probably months, whilst your face scars more and more. This is an indication of how seriously the medical profession takes your plight.

The fact that Dan does not push his stuff - heck he even tells us exactly what is in his products, so that you can source something similar yourself if you want to - indicates he is not in it for the money. Large pharmaceutical and cosmetic firms often don't reveal all of their ingredients.

Sadly maybe some of the problem is that there are such a lot of scammers in the world, many ordinary people have become unable to recognize a business based on good intentions and honesty. Based on my own experience, that is what I believe Dan's business to be.

MemberMember
(@pearls)

Posted : 09/16/2010 9:31 pm

If acne.org is a scam, why doesn't Dan delete all of the posts by people who say the regimen didn't work for them? And why does he approve negative reviews of his products?

MemberMember
(@fernandox)

Posted : 09/16/2010 10:13 pm

MemberMember
(@david1017)

Posted : 09/17/2010 2:46 am

I just read through the first page and going to respond to two people:

first to the OP: I don't know what to say honestly, of course Dan will promote products. He needs to keep the site running and continue what he is doing. Secondly, just look at all the people here. Have you seen this many people support one single product on an internet forum? If considering acne.org is a scam, it's like saying any product out there is a scam.

Someone else mentioned why people with clear skin are still on this forum.

Let me say that I'm one of them.

Why? Because many of us were terrorized by acne. It has scarred our lives at one point. Knowing that suffering, we are here to help others overcome that. Also, there is no current cure for acne, so we are still here doing the regimen and preventing future breakouts.

MemberMember
(@elanor)

Posted : 09/17/2010 8:04 am

i notice you reply a lot in these threads.

I waited a long time to post my opinion.

I respect your opinion/story but i remain skeptical because

1. i dont know who you are

2. i dont have proof you were on the regimen

3. you could just be a part of the conspiracy i developed

take any sales class and they'll tell you the best way to pitch your product is by acknowledging competing products and then make your case for your own product.

not sayin, just sayin'

I haven't used the regimen recently as I was trying to find other alternatives but I'm considering coming back to it because it worked. I also thought it might be a scam, but hey, the stuff is affordable and it worked while I used it.

MemberMember
(@dragon1)

Posted : 09/22/2010 1:40 pm

It is a little concerning that all of you are very cynical about your derms. Trust your docs, they are trained professionals. Dan is not a doctor. His "regimen" is basically telling you to gently wash your face, apply topical treatment, and refrain from overly touching your face during the day. Nothing groundbreaking there.

I was on accutane for about 6 months and it cleared my skin 100%. I've been off of it for a couple months and a couple pimples are starting to form. I considered the "regimen" prematurely, probably. Too much BP was way too irritating for my skin type. A lesser amount of a higher BP dose is working much better.

Not sure why all of you took my post so personally. Turned hateful pretty quickly.

The biggest thing I learned through posting in this forum is that most of you who post on here can't spell or put together a grammatically correct sentence.

I'll look into a correlation between acne and intelligence and report back.

*moderator edit*

MemberMember
(@dragon1)

Posted : 09/22/2010 1:54 pm

This site should also have a "nightmare story" section next to the success stories.

MemberMember
(@bigfish)

Posted : 09/22/2010 8:21 pm

^ YES it should... I mean I'm on my like 5th week or something... and if anything my acne's gotten worse. Although it IS cheap. and the AHA+/bp combo works like a charm for back acne, at least for mine. I'm gonna start accutane pretty soon, and I'll probably use the regimen again for my face and back after I'm off that stuff. It probably works to some extent. But for moderate to severe acne the regimen just can't do it... theres no way...

MemberMember
(@necromancer)

Posted : 09/22/2010 8:24 pm

that was some good rhyme you got there

but is just too unfair

ill rap battle you if you dont care

ill tear you apart like a bear

but i bet you wont battle back cuz you wont dare

ill make you my head wear

im just an extinct species im rare

now im just going to relax and sit on my chair

LoL I forgot I posted in this thread. Pretty good rap battle we got going on. :D

MemberMember
(@bigfish)

Posted : 09/22/2010 8:40 pm

I just read something... not all acne is acne vulgaris related... so BP won't do anything... if its caused by over active oil glands then accutane/Retin-A and like diffrin would work because they shrink oil glands... I may be REALLY wrong but I read that on a different website and found it interesting...

MemberMember
(@paranoidandroid)

Posted : 09/22/2010 9:05 pm

It is a little concerning that all of you are very cynical about your derms. Trust your docs, they are trained professionals. Dan is not a doctor. His "regimen" is basically telling you to gently wash your face, apply topical treatment, and refrain from overly touching your face during the day. Nothing groundbreaking there.

I was on accutane for about 6 months and it cleared my skin 100%. I've been off of it for a couple months and a couple pimples are starting to form. I considered the "regimen" prematurely, probably. Too much BP was way too irritating for my skin type. A lesser amount of a higher BP dose is working much better.

Not sure why all of you took my post so personally. Turned hateful pretty quickly.

The biggest thing I learned through posting in this forum is that most of you who post on here can't spell or put together a grammatically correct sentence.

I'll look into a correlation between acne and intelligence and report back.

*moderator edit*

Oh, look at Mr. Smartypants! You must be so much smarter than us dragon! I mean, just look how creative your username is! I wish I could understand your full post, but my tiny brain couldn't comprehend all of your words.

On another note, I find it funny that you insult the grammar of users on this forum, and yet you couldn't even capitalize the thread title.

And the reason we took your comment personally is because you are saying that Dan is trying to scam us. You must be right. I'm sure Dan Kern Inc, the company that has made numerous changes to their products and containers solely because the customers wanted him to, is trying to scam us. I mean, just look at THIS. Only scam companies go out of their way to answer numerous questions asked by the consumers.