Notifications
Clear all

Urine therapy...

MemberMember
(@rosieposie)

Posted : 05/01/2006 5:10 pm

How long did and when did the twin put urin on her face?

I'm absolutely convinced the urine on the face will help with acne. A lot of the major products use urea which is derived from urine. For ex., St. apricot, Proactive bp, use it.

I'ml trying to firgure out when the best time to do it. They say that mouring urine is the best. Maybe I can put it on, then eat breakfast, then wash it off when I shower.

I don't know how long the urine was on the face, the conversation was very short and i only heard about the urine being applied to the skin. I'm going to put it on with a cotton ball the same as anyone would do with a toner. I will be doing this at night and then wash it off in the morning. that's all for now

MemberMember
(@jacks0n)

Posted : 05/01/2006 9:52 pm

"the thing is if you start using too many things, oral medications, prescription gels, creams, washes, you never know which one actually made it work or if one of them just didnt do anything"

I'm using 1 medication, nothing else. I used BP once.

Ok so here's an update I guess. overall, my skin's looking great. really healthy.

acne wise? it isn't working that well. not as powerful as BP, but then again I have only used it for 5 days I think. Maybe 4. I'll keep on using it, but I think it's safe to say urine isn't good enough as primary threatment. It's more like something to make your skin look good, to cleanse it, smooth out the blotchyness, but not something very strong for acne. So if your skin looks like shit, you have rosacea, blotchyness, uneven skin tone, or scarring, then go for the urine. If you have just acne, then don't bother. Personally, I'll give urine on its own, perhaps a week more. If it doesn't work as well as I would have hoped, then I'll go and add in the retin-a (tretinoin).

MemberMember
(@donkey_puncher)

Posted : 05/02/2006 9:16 am

Just a few quick questions:

HOw are you applying the urine?

How long do you leave it on before you rinse it off?

Do you apply fresh urine or week-old urine?

(i heard older urine is more effective)

MemberMember
(@camoface)

Posted : 05/02/2006 1:46 pm

I googled some interesting info on urine as moisturizer and many studies showed that urine is in fact the best moisturizer known to men.

MemberMember
(@labgirl81)

Posted : 05/02/2006 2:32 pm

I googled some interesting info on urine as moisturizer and many studies showed that urine is in fact the best moisturizer known to men.

Um only because it contains a little bit of urea......but urea is only a so-so moisturizer (humectant), nothing to write home about....

It's sad that you guys are so desprate to find a cure that you resort to putting excriment on your faces....eeeewww.........

MemberMember
(@bonethugeternal)

Posted : 05/02/2006 7:21 pm

Haha! Funny post, but I wonder if it'll actually work?

MemberMember
(@superfly)

Posted : 05/02/2006 7:51 pm

I won't pass judgement on the people putting urine on their own face, but just please please be courteous enough to warn anyone before kissing/touching your face.

MemberMember
(@philidias)

Posted : 05/02/2006 8:11 pm

Um only because it contains a little bit of urea......but urea is only a so-so moisturizer (humectant), nothing to write home about....

It's sad that you guys are so desprate to find a cure that you resort to putting excriment on your faces....eeeewww.........

What does excriment mean? But if you mean it's a waste product then you are totally wrong. There are proper ways of applying urine on your face. By not applying urine properly, you will probably get results you don't want.

MemberMember
(@gwapito)

Posted : 05/03/2006 11:00 am

Hey I want to know if Turd Therapy actually works... Can someone try that...

MemberMember
(@labgirl81)

Posted : 05/03/2006 2:49 pm

What does excriment mean? But if you mean it's a waste product then you are totally wrong. There are proper ways of applying urine on your face. By not applying urine properly, you will probably get results you don't want.

Actually urine is a waste product. It's the product of out bodies' excratory systems....hence the term excriment. It's the stuff that our kidneys filter out of our blood (toxins and other water soluble metabolites of medication, vitamins, even foods....it also contains excess salts....biliruben....and urea....the metobloic end produt of ammonia.....in additon it's mostly water (depending on how much water you drink). How is this supposed to do anyting for acne????

I don't get it.....

I would never ever condone putting urine (or any other bodily fluid) on your face.......

First off it's just plain gross......second.....I don't see how it could possibly help.......

MemberMember
(@cjb)

Posted : 05/03/2006 3:14 pm

Hey I want to know if Turd Therapy actually works... Can someone try that...

You are SO funny! You're the first person to EVER make that joke.

MemberMember
(@donkey_puncher)

Posted : 05/03/2006 3:32 pm

Hey "Labgirl" i got a question for u....

why dont u go to google.com, type "urine therapy" and then have fun eating ur words

MemberMember
(@labgirl81)

Posted : 05/03/2006 4:29 pm

Hey "Labgirl" i got a question for u....

why dont u go to google.com, type "urine therapy" and then have fun eating ur words

Because google doesn't have all the answers.....do you guys really believe everything you read on the internet?........

Just for kicks I did it.....the first hit I got was actually an anti-urine therapy page.....please tell me you guys don't drink you own urine.....that is just pointless and possibly dangerous.........

I did happen to do a pub-med search.....and a scifinder search.....nada.....nothing......maybe my searching skills aren't up to par (remebmer I'm illiterate and unteachable) but I can't find any technical articles or studies touting the benifits of urine therapy as applicable to acne (or any other ailment)....and Nothing on topically applied urine......

Google of course has all holistic and alternaitive medicine sites claiming that drink your own piss or bathing in your own piss is the wonder cure for AIDS to Xerosis..........

Just because someting is "googlable" it doesn't mean it's the end all be all of whatever......gooogle has more misinformation than information.........not to say it isn't useful.....but you need to know how to use it....and filter through the bullshit.....kinda like this board..........

MemberMember
(@philidias)

Posted : 05/03/2006 4:47 pm

LabGirl you are wrong. Even Jess (mod) agrees with me.

Waste product? It's not.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=86622

It seems like your research skill are not up to par.

Urine is one of the most studied compound. It has cured or help with many diseases including AIDS.

MemberMember
(@jessfirestone)

Posted : 05/03/2006 5:09 pm

Philidais is correct-urine is actually the most studied compound in human history. I think anyone would be hard pressed to locate funded research about using urine therapy to treat illness, however. A better bet might be to check out the staggering product list created from human urine. Corporations make billions each year by synthesizing our urine and selling it back to us in the form of countless products-ranging from skin care to pregnancy drugs and all kinds of things. You can't synthesize billions of dollars worth of drugs from a waste product, can you?

There is no profit in doing studies about how a free compound affects people's health. However, there are plenty of studies to show how beneficial the compounds are-the ones extracted solely from our own urine.

I doubt urine would have been hailed as a panacea throughout the ages, revered in virtually every culture for its antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal properties if it was just waste. Plus I seriously doubt that over 1,000 scientific medical papers would have been published in one year alone that only studied low molecular quantities of particular elements found in urine. If it was just a hoax.

Sort of reminds me of Fight Club where they sell very expensive soap to women made out of the fat that was lipo'd from their a$$.

Where's the profit in creating a hoax about something that's free to do? I'm not sure I see any. What's the sense in corporations convincing us that our own urine is just a bunch of waste to be flushed down the toilet, while continuing to manufacture lucrative products from human urine and sell it back to us with outrageously high margins?

Urine is free, but only if it comes from me.

MemberMember
(@labgirl81)

Posted : 05/03/2006 6:08 pm

Philidais is correct-urine is actually the most studied compound in human history. I think anyone would be hard pressed to locate funded research about using urine therapy to treat illness, however. A better bet might be to check out the staggering product list created from human urine. Corporations make billions each year by synthesizing our urine and selling it back to us in the form of countless products-ranging from skin care to pregnancy drugs and all kinds of things. You can't synthesize billions of dollars worth of drugs from a waste product, can you?

There is no profit in doing studies about how a free compound affects people's health. However, there are plenty of studies to show how beneficial the compounds are-the ones extracted solely from our own urine.

I doubt urine would have been hailed as a panacea throughout the ages, revered in virtually every culture for its antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal properties if it was just waste. Plus I seriously doubt that over 1,000 scientific medical papers would have been published in one year alone that only studied low molecular quantities of particular elements found in urine. If it was just a hoax.

Sort of reminds me of Fight Club where they sell very expensive soap to women made out of the fat that was lipo'd from their a$$.

Where's the profit in creating a hoax about something that's free to do? I'm not sure I see any. What's the sense in corporations convincing us that our own urine is just a bunch of waste to be flushed down the toilet, while continuing to manufacture lucrative products from human urine and sell it back to us with outrageously high margins?

Urine is free, but only if it comes from me.

Urine is the waste of the blood......it is indeed excriment......as it's the product of the excratory system......

I did not discount the fact that there are drugs derived from urine's consituants. Urea (the salt from which urine gets it's name) is actually used in the cosmetics, food and drug industries and is a basis for drugs and common preservatives (as it's slightly antmicrobial)......and by itself it's an ok moisturizer.........

Urine is the most studied bodily excriment because that's how many metabloic pathways were discovered.......when you smoke a cigarette.....you piss out hundreds of it's water soluble metabolites.....

There are thousands of water soluble metabolites found in urine......even some metabolites of retinol are found in urine.......if you take vitamins....you pee out the excess of the water soluble ones......

But if you drink a lot of water (and you should) urine is very dillute.........it's mostly water anyway.......

You couldn't pay me to put mine anywhere but my toilet.......but aside from the grossness......chemically there isn't much in urine would could cure acne.......the slight antimicorbial action and the excess of water soluble vitamins don't do much......the solutes in urine are just that solutes.....in water.......thus they are water soluble.........

Water soluble molecules have a hell of a time pasing through the epidermal lipid barrier......fat soluble molecues penetrate with greater ease......so exactly what does applying to to skin do????

Come to think of it all the good fat soluble stuff is metabolized in the liver......and empties back into the intestines.....and comes out that other hole.........

That's where the good stuff is......lipid soluble metabolites like the metabloites of vitamin A, like trans- retinoic acid, cis-9-retinoic acid, cis-11-retinoic acid, and cis-13-retinoic acid (Isotretionin) are found in feces.....not urine.......But who in their right mind would put feces on their face???......

If some one can post something other than link to another mod agreeing with them......or a bogus link to a page with absolutely no referrences on it........by all means do.......

As I said I don't believe everything I read on the internet.......

LabGirl you are wrong. Even Jess (mod) agrees with me.

Waste product? It's not.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=86622

It seems like your research skill are not up to par.

Urine is one of the most studied compound. It has cured or help with many diseases including AIDS.

Weren't you the one who suggested we all apply coconut oil to our faces?????

MemberMember
(@jessfirestone)

Posted : 05/03/2006 6:19 pm

To be honest, I could be wrong about some of this. It's been known to happen before so I can't claim to know for a fact that urine therapy is valid, but the evidence I've come across seems to suggest otherwise-and I'm very intrigued by what I've discovered so far..

It's true that urine contains specific elements that aren't needed by the body at a particular time. However, when re-ingested or applied to the skin, urine contains valuable antibodies, hormones, minerals, and vitamins that are person-specific. You can't get these from any other source. Even though your body excretes these things, that doesn't mean that they're useless-not at all. It just means that those specific elements weren't needed by your body at a particular time. The analogy is that it's a bit like drinking too much water...the body will get rid of the excess it does not need at the time, but, that doesn't mean that we don't still need water on a constant basis. If anyone wants I can copy articles on this. Something I find kind of neat is that urine is highly filtrated by tiny tubes through a process that's not entirely understood. When that filtering occurs the urine is transformed into a compound that, if re-ingested, is known to fight any disease that the person has been harboring.

Antibodies to viruses and bacteria can be found in excreted human urine that will treat the specific illnesses a person may suffer from. I think one of the reasons you hear of people using baby's urine on their faces is because babies are generally healthy and haven't been smoking for 10 years or eating a diet high in sorbitol and other artificial sweeteners (or engaging in other 'unhealthy' practices)

To be honest, I could be wrong about some of this. I can't claim to know for a fact that urine therapy is valid, but the evidence I've come across seems to suggest otherwise-and I'm very intrigued by what I've discovered so far..

It's true that urine contains specific elements that aren't needed by the body at a particular time. However, when re-ingested or applied to the skin, urine contains valuable antibodies, hormones, minerals, and vitamins that are person-specific. You can't get these from any other source. Even though your body excretes these things, that doesn't mean that they're useless-not at all. It just means that those specific elements weren't needed by your body at a particular time. The analogy is that it's a bit like drinking too much water...the body will get rid of the excess it does not need at the time, but, that doesn't mean that we don't still need water on a constant basis. If anyone wants I can copy articles on this. Something I find kind of neat is that urine is highly filtrated by tiny tubes through a process that's not entirely understood. When that filtering occurs the urine is transformed into a compound that, if re-ingested, is known to fight any disease that the person has been harboring.

Antibodies to viruses and bacteria can be found in excreted human urine that will treat the specific illnesses a person may suffer from. I think one of the reasons you hear of people using baby's urine on their faces is because babies are generally healthy and haven't been smoking for 10 years or eating a diet high in sorbitol and other artificial sweeteners.

MemberMember
(@kenry52)

Posted : 05/03/2006 8:23 pm

Personally, even if urine cleared all of my acne, made me look like brad pitt and I lived to 200 because of it, I still wouldn't put it on my face. Eww.

MemberMember
(@philidias)

Posted : 05/03/2006 8:28 pm

First of all, Labgirl81 I'm glad that you don't believe everything that's on the internet. That's good.

Secondly, I personally know people and read about people who have used the urine therapy to help cure/help with many of their condition including acne.

Why the hell would people say it has worked for them?

To profit from it? To trick people to do it? That's would be the most absurd things I've heard. Very few people do try to trick people, but for most of the people who have actually done the therapy, it has worked. Why would people dedicate building 1000's of websites after websites telling people the stories from other people around the world that the therapy has helped them greatly. Why do 100,000's of people do it everyday? They must be stupid because it's "water solubale" or whatever you said why it didn't work or maybe it's because it's doing something.

You should know that science has its limitations.

Why does a curve ball defy the laws of physics? According to your iterpretation., it's simply impossible. If science can't prove it, then it's simply not true. It's a figment of your imagination. Maybe oneday, science will get advanced enough to find out why urine works for most of the people.

People like you need to be openminded to other people alternative health practices. Why the hell are you a mod? I admire Jess for being openminded. She doesn't say things like you: "It's sad that you guys are so desprate to find a cure that you resort to putting excriment on your faces....eeeewww........." Degrading people like that. You need to be supporting people for trying innovative ways of fighting acne and other conditions. Now some methods should not be encouraged, but methods like the urine therapy should.

I know Labgirl81 that you want to help people, but sometimes you just go to far.

I don't want this thread to become a flame thread. But I just had to say this.

MemberMember
(@labgirl81)

Posted : 05/03/2006 9:40 pm

First of all, Labgirl81 I'm glad that you don't believe everything that's on the internet. That's good.

Secondly, I personally know people and read about people who have used the urine therapy to help cure/help with many of their condition including acne.

Why the hell would people say it has worked for them?

To profit from it? To trick people to do it? That's would be the most absurd things I've heard. Very few people do try to trick people, but for most of the people who have actually done the therapy, it has worked. Why would people dedicate building 1000's of websites after websites telling people the stories from other people around the world that the therapy has helped them greatly. Why do 100,000's of people do it everyday? They must be stupid because it's "water solubale" or whatever you said why it didn't work or maybe it's because it's doing something.

You should know that science has its limitations.

Why does a curve ball defy the laws of physics? According to your iterpretation., it's simply impossible. If science can't prove it, then it's simply not true. It's a figment of your imagination. Maybe oneday, science will get advanced enough to find out why urine works for most of the people.

People like you need to be openminded to other people alternative health practices. Why the hell are you a mod? I admire Jess for being openminded. She doesn't say things like you: "It's sad that you guys are so desprate to find a cure that you resort to putting excriment on your faces....eeeewww........." Degrading people like that. You need to be supporting people for trying innovative ways of fighting acne and other conditions. Now some methods should not be encouraged, but methods like the urine therapy should.

I know Labgirl81 that you want to help people, but sometimes you just go to far.

I don't want this thread to become a flame thread. But I just had to say this.

Hey I was open minded enough to try your coconut oil cure (which only resulted in a really bad breakout...thanks). Why am I a mod?....I don't know......I was asked to be a mod so I agreed....You can PM Dan and ask him to remove my mod status. I never offered to be one in the first place.......

All I was doing was showing the other side, I'm a huge skeptic....maybe I shouldn't be a mod.......people on this bard really are desprate to find a cure. Kids slather coconut oil on their faces and olive oil and whatever else that's in their pantries (baking soda has to be the wost one I've heard of)......maybe I'll start a "Drano Cures Acne" thread somewhere......I just feel bad that you guys would put urine on your faces over something like a topical retinoid, which has so many studies backing up it's effectivenss........a few kids who grew out of acne coincidently (or were using another medication) at the same time they started putting urine on their faces come here and say "urine cured my acne"...... it gives kids false hope

The advise of someone's grandmother in Sweden doesn't matter to me.....the hokey holistic site that totes the thousands of dieases drinking or bathing in ones own urine cures....and I take it with a grain of salt........what makes that person an expert ancedotal evidance, hearsay.....the placebo effect?????

No one has even stated how or why urine has an effect on acne....do so and I may have a more open mind (my pee still goes in the toilet though.....not on my face).......make it a bit more convincing then the coconut oil thing please (at least I know how to make my acne worse to get tane next month)........

I don't want this to be a flame thread either....I just wanted to give some of you folks a little perspective.......

Please PM dan and have him remove my mod status if you feel that I should not be a mod because I am offending you......

Just note...I did not curse or say one offensive thing to anyone.........

P.S. a curve ball does not defy the laws of physics........

It actually obeys them very nicely......it's called the Magnus Effect, due to the stiches on the ball......as the ball spins the pressure (drag) on one side is not equal to the pressue on the other side....so the ball curves........high school physics......no quantum mechanics required......

Fm = KwVCv

Fm is the Magnus Force, K is the Magnus Coefficient, w is the spin frequency measured in rpm, V is ball's velocity in mph, Cv is the drag coefficient

MemberMember
(@jessfirestone)

Posted : 05/04/2006 6:34 am

Hey guys, Labgirl didn't mean to offend anyone and her reaction was completely valid imo. Weve been trained since birth-since we were in diapers- that urine is waste, that it belongs in the toilet. Who hasn't been grossed out when they sat down on some spray that the previous person left on the seat which strangely eough, happens more often to women than you'd think. anyways the only thing I can really remember hearing is that 'urine is sterile' but I didn't attribute much to it. I've always unquestionably thought it was waste.

I think Labgirl is a great mod, and I was actually the one who asked her to be on the team and I nominated her. She's very open minded and thorough, and Im guessing there just isn't enough info to convince her of this. That's OK...I don't really expect there to be an abundance of research proving urine therapy..maybe we can change that though.

I think it's awesome that we may have the chance, here, to prove whether urine therapy works or not for acne. With people's reports of how it's working for them, maybe we can put the idea to rest as something that doesn't help, or maybe this could open up new doors for many sufferers. I'm hoping for the best..

MemberMember
(@adoredior)

Posted : 05/07/2006 8:46 am

i've been doing the Urine therapy for about 3 days now, and no i do not find this nasty unlike some immature people. I'm so happy with the outcome, its working faster then i pictured. I only get acne from VERY oily skin, otherwise my skin would be clear! No matter what i did/used my face was oily. Using urine on my face STOPS the oil from coming.

no oily skin = NO ACNE

My skin is looking alot softer, almost to the point of baby skin.

During the day i try to drink as much water as possible for the cleanest urine, the cleaner the better for your skin.

TRY IT ... you'll love it

MemberMember
(@jacks0n)

Posted : 05/07/2006 9:35 am

Hey everyone... So I'm back.... I see this thread is heating up a bit! I'll explain a few things to set the record straight.

My experiences so far

Really good! The skin is looking really nice now! Actually the best is has been in 6 years! And I'm only using urine now, on it's own.

The acne, nearly gone. I think I spoke too soon before. And I've noticed the darker the urine is, the more it works. I think I've answered some of these questions before, but I'll do it again in case I missed some.

How I apply it: I piss in a container, and just dab it on with my fingers. 5 minutes later and I can't smell it.

How long?: I put it on at night, leave it on, and wash it off in the morning.

Fresh or old?: Fresh. No one in real life knows. No friends, or family. Not even on line friends. The stigma's just too great. Even if old was better, I couldn't keep it there. Someone might find it. I guess there isn't much more to say, it's working great! Alot better than I thought it would. Feel free to ask questions.

------

"I won't pass judgement on the people putting urine on their own face, but just please please be courteous enough to warn anyone before kissing/touching your face."

Lmao , don't worry. That's never happened, and it won't in this decade. I assure you.

To be honest, the only reason you aren't trying it is because of the stigma associated with it. The stuff is sterile, and full of vitamins, minerals, and chemicals the kidney's doesn't want. But those happen to be anti-biotics. The reason why it's known as so dirty, is because it's full of nutrients. So naturally bacteria, paracites, insects, and other microbes and such love to feed off it. Then it becomes infected. Then if a bit touches you, well you'll develop an infection. But when you apply it to your face, it dries up within 5 or so minutes. No problem. But if you do keep it, make sure it's sealed tight!

-------

(If you actually do think urine therapy works, don't bother reading below)

And to clear up 'Labgirl'...

"Actually urine is a waste product. It's the product of out bodies' excratory systems...."

Yes. Yes it is. Just because the internal organs don't want it, it doesn't mean the external ones don't.

An example is fertilizer. I'm sure eating chicken shit won't help us. But it helps plants thanks to the nitrogen and phosphate. Each organ craves different nutrients.

"chemically there isn't much in urine would could cure acne.......the slight antimicorbial action and the excess of water soluble vitamins don't do much......the solutes in urine are just that solutes.....in water....."

Urine is just constituted of vitamins. And if you knew what solubility meant, you'd know it was a good thing. You mention that urine is mostly made of water. Well thanks to the excremental hypothesis of the quasi-superficial epidermal, it will filter the 'solutes'. If it were fat soluble, then it wouldn't go as far, like your somewhat-inefficient retinoid derivatives.

"Water soluble molecules have a hell of a time pasing through the epidermal lipid barrier......fat soluble molecues penetrate with greater ease......so exactly what does applying to to skin do????"

But that's the point. The barrier removes the covalent bond with water. A nice, clean filter.

"That's where the good stuff is......lipid soluble metabolites like the metabloites of vitamin A, like trans- retinoic acid, cis-9-retinoic acid, cis-11-retinoic acid, and cis-13-retinoic acid (Isotretionin) are found in feces.....not urine.......But who in their right mind would put feces on their face???...... "

The good stuff? Oral retinoids will yank your neurotransmitters 5-hydroxy-tryptamine, norepinephrine, dopamine, epinephrine, GABA, acetylcholine, and all the rest considerable amounts for the rest of your life. Providing you're at the threshold limit for it to work on you. Thyroid levels go down, which slows metabolism. Synapses shrink to pathetic sizes, hence the migraines. I won't bother going further.

So you say you don't believe websites. Fair enough. Here's some trials in scientific Journals/magazines.

As medical researchers have discovered:

"Urine is the main component of the amniotic fluid that bathes the human fetus.

"Normally the baby 'breathes' this urine-filled amniotic fluid into its lungs. If the urinary tract is blocked, the fetus does not produce the fluid, and, without it, the lungs do not develop."

(G. Kolata, "Surgery on Fetuses Reveals They Heal Without Scars", The New York Times, Medical Section, 16 August 1988)

And medical researchers have discovered that many of the elements of the blood that are found in urine have enormous medicinal value, and when they are reintroduced into the body they boost the body's immune defences and stimulate healing in a way that nothing else does.

As medical research has revealed:

"One of the most important functions of the kidney is to excrete material and substances for which the body has no immediate need..."

(A. H. Free, and H. M. Free, Urinalysis in Clinical and Laboratory Practice, CRC Press, Inc., USA, 1975, pp. 13-17)

For instance, the kidneys filter out water and sodium from the blood into the urine. These are both vital life-sustaining elements without which your body cannot function. But both elements could be lethal if there were too much water or sodium in your blood.

Now what about potassium, calcium and magnesium? These are familiar nutrients that we ingest in our food and vitamin pills every day, but they're also in your urine. These nutritional elements are extremely valuable substances to the body, certainly not toxic, and yet the kidney excretes these elements into the urine. Why? Because it's taking out the excess amounts of potassium, calcium, etc. that are not needed by your body at the time they are filtered out. Actually, it is this regulating process of the kidneys and the excretion of urine that allows us to eat and drink more than our bodies need at any one time.

"The principal function of the kidney is not excretion, but regulation... The kidney obviously conserves what we need, but, even more, permits us the freedom of excess. That is, it allows us to take in more than we need of many necessities-water and salt, for example-and excrete exactly what is not required."

(Dr Stewart Cameron [Professor of Renal Medicine, Guy's Hospital, London], Kidney Disease: The Facts, Oxford University Press, Oxford, UK, 1986)

Scientists have discovered that urine, because it is actually extracted from our blood, contains small amounts of almost all of the life-sustaining nutrients, proteins, hormones, antibodies and immunising agents that our blood contains.

"Urine can be regarded as one of the most complex of all body fluids. It contains practically all of the constituents found in the blood."

(A. H. Free and H. M. Free, Urinalysis in Clinical and Laboratory Practice, CRC Press, Inc., USA, 1975, pp. 13-17)

To us, the public, urine seems like an undesirable waste product of the body, but to the medical research community and the drug industry it's been considered to be liquid gold. Don't believe it? Read this:

"Utica, Michigan - Realising it is flushing potential profits down the drain, an enterprising young company has come up with a way to trap medically powerful proteins from urine. Enzymes of America has designed a special filter that collects important urine proteins, and these filters have been installed in all of the men's urinals in the 10,000 portable outhouses owned by the Porta-John company, a subsidiary of Enzymes of America.

"Urine is known to contain minute amounts of proteins made by the body, including medically important ones such as growth hormone and insulin. There is a $500-million-a-year market for these kinds of urine ingredients.

"This summer, Enzymes of America plans to market its first major urine product called urokinase, an enzyme that dissolves blood clots and is used to treat victims of heart attacks. The company has contracts to supply the urine enzyme to Sandoz, Merrell Dow and other major pharmaceutical companies. Ironically, this enterprise evolved from Porta-John's attempt to get rid of urine proteins-a major source of odour in portable toilets.

"When the president of Porta-John began consulting with scientists about a urine filtration system, one told him he was sitting on a gold mine.

"The idea of recycling urine is not new, however. 'We thought about this,' says 26 Whitcome of Amgen, a Los Angeles biotechnology firm, 'but realised we'd need thousands and thousands of litres of urine.'

"Porta-John and Enzymes of America solved that problem. The 14 million gallons flowing annually into Porta-John's privies contain about four-and-a-half pounds of urokinase alone. That's enough to unclog 260,000 coronary arteries."

("Now Urine Business", Hippocrates magazine, May/June 1988)

But urokinase isn't the only drug derived from urine that, unknown to us, has been a financial boon to the pharmaceutical industry.

In August of 1993, Forbes magazine printed an article about Fabio Bertarelli who owns the world's largest fertility drug-producing company, the Ares-Serono Group, based in Geneva, whose most important product is the drug Pergonal which increases the chances of conception. Guess what Pergonal is made from?

"To make Pergonal, Ares-Serono collects urine samples from 110,000 postmenopausal women volunteers in Italy, Spain, Brazil and Argentina. From 26 collection centres, the urine is sent to Rome where Ares-Serono technicians then isolate the ovulation-enhancing hormone."

(N. Munk, "The Child is the Father of the Man", Forbes Magazine, 16 August 1993)

An article, titled "Autouro- therapy", published in the New York State Journal of Medicine (vol. 80, no. 7, June 1980), written by Dr John R. Herman, Clinical Professor of Urology at Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York City, points out the general misconceptions regarding urine and its medical use:

"Autouropathy (urine therapy) did flourish in many parts of the world and it continues to flourish today... There is, unknown to most of us, a wide usage of uropathy and a great volume of knowledge available showing the multitudinous advantages of this modality...

"Urine is only a derivative of the blood... If the blood should not be considered 'unclean', then the urine also should not be so considered. Normally excreted, urine is a fluid of tremendous variations of composition...

"...Actually, the listed constituents of human urine can be carefully checked and no items not found in human diet are found in it. Percentages differ, of course, but urinary constituents are valuable to human metabolism..."

Look up urea in a medical dictionary. In Mosby's Medical and Nursing Dictionary, urea is defined not as a useless body waste but as a systemic diuretic and topical skin treatment. It's also prescribed to reduce excess fluid pressure on the brain and eyes.

Uric acid, another ingredient of urine, is normally thought of as an undesirable waste product of the body that causes gout. But even uric acid has recently been found to have tremendous health-promotion and medical implications.

Medical researchers at the University of California at Berkeley reported in 1982 that they have discovered that:

"Uric acid could be a defence against cancer and ageing.

"It also destroys body-damaging chemicals, called free radicals, that are present in food, water and air and are considered to be a cause of cancer and breakdowns in immune function.

"Uric acid could be one of the things that enables human beings to live so much longer than other mammals."

(O. Davies, "Youthful Uric Acid", Omni magazine, October 1982)

These drugs have been derived from urea:

Ureaphil: diuretic made from urea

Urofollitropin: urine-extract fertility drug

Ureacin: urea cream for skin problems

Amino-Cerv: urea cream used for cervical treatments

Premarin: urine-extract oestrogen supplement

Panafil: urea/papain ointment for skin ulcers, burns and infected wounds

And this is what urine contains:

Alanine, total ..... 38 mg/day

Arginine, total ..... 32 mg/day

Ascorbic acid ..... 30 mg/day

Allantoin ..... 12 mg/day

Amino acids, total ..... 2.1 g/day

Bicarbonate ..... 140 mg/day

Biotin ..... 35 mg/day

Calcium ..... 23 mg/day

Creatinine ..... 1.4 mg/day

Cystine ..... 120 mg/day

Dopamine ..... 0.40 mg/day

Epinephrine ..... 0.01 mg/day

Folic acid ..... 4 mg/day

Glucose ..... 100 mg/day

Glutamic acid ..... 308 mg/day

Glycine ..... 455 mg/day

Inositol ..... 14 mg/day

Iodine ..... 0.25 mg/day

Iron ..... 0.5 mg/day

Lysine, total ..... 56 mg/day

Magnesium ..... 100 mg/day

Manganese ..... 0.5 mg/day

Methionine, total ..... 10 mg/day

Nitrogen, total ..... 15 g/day

Ornithine ..... 10 mg/day

Pantothenic acid ..... 3 mg/day

Phenylalanine ..... 21 mg/day

Phosphorus, organic ..... 9 mg/day

Potassium ..... 2.5 mg/day

Proteins, total ..... 5 mg/day

Riboflavin ..... 0.9 mg/day

Tryptophan, total ..... 28 mg/day

Tyrosine, total ..... 50 mg/day

Urea ..... 24.5 mg/day

Vitamin B6 ..... 100 mg/day

Vitamin B12 ..... 0.03 mg/day

Zinc ..... 1.4 mg/day

[in 1975, one of the founders of Miles Laboratories, Dr. A.H. Free, published his book Urinalysis in Clinical Laboratory Practice]

Have fun finding a medication with that amount of ingredients for the same price.

MemberMember
(@philidias)

Posted : 05/07/2006 10:36 am

Congrats Jackson. I'm happy that the Urine Therapy is working for you.

Someone said to me that: "A lot of ppl are just too set in their ways that our society dictates to us."

MemberMember
(@plink)

Posted : 05/07/2006 10:44 am

My advice would be find out what the active ingredient in urine is and try and source it from elsewhere!