Notifications
Clear all

Are You Getting Enough Sulfur?

MemberMember
(@r-s)

Posted : 01/10/2006 10:01 pm

Sulfur just sounds so promising.... I'm gonna eat raw garlic and onions until I can make it to the store to get some MSM pills.

Hopefully this will further benefit the internal regime, I think I have my topical regime almost perfected by now.

MemberMember
(@r-s)

Posted : 01/11/2006 7:05 pm

Just got some MSM powder with Vitamin C, I'll post whatever results there are soon.

MemberMember
(@veen)

Posted : 01/12/2006 1:18 am

Ok. How much MSM will you take each day?

MemberMember
(@r-s)

Posted : 01/12/2006 1:35 am

Around 2000mg's.

MemberMember
(@gurra)

Posted : 01/12/2006 5:09 am

Why eating raw onions? Have anyone found a reliable source that the sulphur is destroyed when cooking it? It sounds strange.

MemberMember
(@searching4thecure)

Posted : 01/13/2006 9:32 pm

Hey Leon...

I know you said your acne has improved right after you incorporated sulfur...

but when you started eating Total each morning did that do anything?

B/c I have been wondering for awhile now if taking multivitamin would improve my acne,

but I keep hearing mixed feelings on them. Some people say take one everyday, others say every other day, some say dont at all b/c once you stop your immune system is greatly weakened, others say they are so large it just comes out in the urine, and lastly, some people say it can make acne worse because of iodine and other things in it....... and you say you take Total instead.........

That's A LOT OF different viewpoints!!!

Could anyone help me with this? Has anyone experienced improvement just from TAKING a multivitamin??

Plus, I was thinking about doing the whole zinc thing... but then I thought wait, why do that when you can just pop a multi and get EVERYTHING you need? Plus if I were to take 50 mg of zinc a day don't I need copper to back it up so I dont become deficient???

Or should I test out this sulfur thing first.......... ARGHHHHH

Help!!

<333

MemberMember
(@searching4thecure)

Posted : 01/15/2006 1:14 am

What ARE the symptons of being deficient of sulfur?

Or there arent any?

MemberMember
(@g20)

Posted : 01/15/2006 1:33 am

I just thought i would add that during my senior year of high school and freshman year of college i was on a drug called sulfamethoxazole that a dermatologist prescribed me and I NEVER had problems with acne while I was on it. Thinking back I was also using Retin A. Anyway just thought this might be related to sulfur intake. Gotta go order some sulfur supplements. Bye

I just ordered some MSM ( Methylsulfonylmethane ), Pure Lignisul, 500mg - 500 Caps. Got it from this natural herbal shop at http://www.herbalremedies.com/1312.html Hope it helps. Couldnt possibly hurt.

MemberMember
(@case-n)

Posted : 04/08/2006 4:24 pm

*BUMP* I SAID MOTHERFARKING BUMP DAGGUMMIT.......!!!!!!!!!!!

MemberMember
(@terryh)

Posted : 04/08/2006 4:33 pm

i liked this topic too thanx for the bump

MemberMember
(@ariventa)

Posted : 04/08/2006 5:14 pm

Agreed. Sulfur (esp. MSM) is great and somewhat difficult to get a significant amount from food. One of my favorite supplements.

MemberMember
(@aussiegirl)

Posted : 04/09/2006 6:19 pm

Interestingly, sulfuric foods are also regarded as being key to killing candida. Many of the candida diets advise the intake of raw onion, broccoli and other sulfur-forming vegetables.

Something I found very interesting while doing some research into skin conditions is that the skin directly mimics the condition of the intestinal walls. Ie if your intestinal walls are damaged etc through either candida or some other digestive condition, then it will cause acne.

I am taking about a cup of aloe vera juice a day to help soothe and rebuild my digestive tract, along with the sulfur-based foods, and it seems to be helping.

Oh, and one other thing which may be relevant - serotonin (the feel-good and sleep endorphin) is made in the digestive tract - so if the digestive system isn't functioning properly, the likely result is insomnia and sleep problems.

MemberMember
(@namc)

Posted : 04/09/2006 6:44 pm

Hi guys,

well I've gone and bought some onions and OJ, and was just wondering how many onions a day do you think one should take? like half a onion, 2 onions?

cheers!

MemberMember
(@r-s)

Posted : 04/09/2006 6:55 pm

Interestingly, sulfuric foods are also regarded as being key to killing candida. Many of the candida diets advise the intake of raw onion, broccoli and other sulfur-forming vegetables.

Something I found very interesting while doing some research into skin conditions is that the skin directly mimics the condition of the intestinal walls. Ie if your intestinal walls are damaged etc through either candida or some other digestive condition, then it will cause acne.

I am taking about a cup of aloe vera juice a day to help soothe and rebuild my digestive tract, along with the sulfur-based foods, and it seems to be helping.

Oh, and one other thing which may be relevant - serotonin (the feel-good and sleep endorphin) is made in the digestive tract - so if the digestive system isn't functioning properly, the likely result is insomnia and sleep problems.

If you really wanna speed up the rebuilding of the digestive tract, start adding Colostrum supplements and L-Glutamine to your regime. Just a week after adding those, I'm not getting constipation, terrible indigestion, or gas that I had to deal with for a month.

MemberMember
(@aussiegirl)

Posted : 04/09/2006 7:48 pm

If you really wanna speed up the rebuilding of the digestive tract, start adding Colostrum supplements and L-Glutamine to your regime. Just a week after adding those, I'm not getting constipation, terrible indigestion, or gas that I had to deal with for a month.

Yep, been taking colostrum for about 2 months - along with SPFloractiv which works in conjunction with the colostrum to speed up the process. Glutamine is also taken daily - but by default - because I use it as part of my weight-training regime. Digestive enzymes and probiotics are also key.

MemberMember
(@r-s)

Posted : 04/09/2006 9:43 pm

Yep, sounds like you know your stuff. How is your healing coming along?

MemberMember
(@case-n)

Posted : 04/10/2006 9:17 pm

O NOES, ALMOST off the front page. Can't, no, WON'T let it happen!!!!!!!!!

*SUPER BUMPY BUMP*

GRRRR, get up there.

ahhhhhh, so heavy, can't hold it up much longer, HELP!

MemberMember
(@suzannehopes)

Posted : 04/10/2006 10:17 pm

huh?... everything ok up there??? ^^^

MemberMember
(@xiomara)

Posted : 04/10/2006 10:23 pm

I'm gonna have to swallow a clove of garlic to see what happens. lol

MemberMember
(@case-n)

Posted : 05/01/2006 7:18 pm

Bzzzzzzzzzzzt.!

/oops, I mean Buuuuuump!

MemberMember
(@digestives)

Posted : 05/04/2006 11:26 pm

i read this post word for word... although i am not 100% convinced that sulfur can combat acne i am pretty sure that most people (i myself know im lacking sulfur) have sulfur deficiency. i went thru my kitchen.. looked at my fruit bars... my cereals and all contain vitamins and minerals such as zinc...selenium etc but found NO SULFUR

MemberMember
(@halfbreed)

Posted : 05/08/2006 9:56 pm

i just started to eat onion pieces yesterday. i had been taking msm but it didn't help whatsoever so i stopped. i'm hoping onion will help because it's fresher.

how much onion is everyone eating? it's dreadful tasting!

MemberMember
(@case-n)

Posted : 08/20/2006 1:17 pm

Been awhile since this was bumped. Lot of noobs sniffing around for tips so I thought this might help, it's a really good post.

MemberMember
(@tdot)

Posted : 08/20/2006 5:31 pm

Been awhile since this was bumped. Lot of noobs sniffing around for tips so I thought this might help, it's a really good post.

Sulfur... hmmm sound interesting, I eat onions everyday in my wrap... doesnt help any.

MemberMember
(@southdakotaguy)

Posted : 08/20/2006 6:49 pm

This is really interesting, especially the sugar part.

Lately I haven't been having much sugar, and then I recently had a birthday party and had lots of sugary foods like cake and cookies and pie and such. Bam, zits. Not a lot but a few. I really bet that the sulphur-sugar link is right.

I'm going to make sure I get some onions and garlic into me and see what happens.