Notifications
Clear all

Chinese Medicine AND the pill

MemberMember
(@f0kus)

Posted : 12/16/2005 9:25 pm

I have had bad acne since I went off the pill at the start of the year. I was on anti depressants and the pill and went off both because I wanted to treat it naturally.

After:

10 Microdermabrasion treatments

Fortnightly naturopathy appointments and herbal treatments

Series of facials

Differin

Eryacne

and a prescription for roaccutane (which i dont want to take because of my history with depression)

Plus gaining weight after coming off the pill...

I have decided I have had enough and wanted to go back on the pill. When I went to see the doctor he told me that I should try chinese medicine first and said that naturopathy doesnt really work for acne..

So I saw a chinese doctor and shes given me stuff to fix up my spleen/liver/kidney etc apparently they are stressed but she said if the acne is mainly hormonal based it wont work because they dont work on hormones in chinese medicine but if it is mainly caused by other things then they can fix it. So i am taking the herbal tea she gave me and I know that my skin is mainly hormonal but I think the chinese medicine could make me feel heathly and better on different levels. So... can I take both?

My acne is because I produce too much testosterone. Chinese medicine does not work on your hormones but it does work on other things. So if it doesnt work on my hormone levels, is there a problem with me going on the pill?

I cant get an appointment with the chinese medicine docotor for another 3 weeks (due to xmas) and I should have asked then but I didnt... she was keen to get me to try this for a few weeks before I try to go back on the pill but I am tired of having bad skin and thought I should just go on the pill anyway...

Any advice?

MemberMember
(@amazing-and-necessary)

Posted : 12/16/2005 9:31 pm

I don't really have any good advice, but good luck I guess. Is she basically just making you drink the herbal tea as a treatment? I have heard before that green tea, which is a herbal, chinese tea, helps acne, and it also boosts metabolism.

MemberMember
(@f0kus)

Posted : 12/16/2005 9:50 pm

Hi there

I drink green tea twice a day currently..

She mixed up the tea herself and I drink it twice a day. Its dissolved in half a mug of hot water and you can drink it hot or cold. Its not really tea... it looks like a powder...

Thanks for your support :)

MemberMember
(@ch0c0freak)

Posted : 12/17/2005 4:53 am

green tea IS tea. it's from the same plant as the normal black tea that we drink, just that green tea doesnt go thru the fermentation process. the powder that you drink is actually pulverised tea leaves. Drinking the powder is better than the ones in tea bags.

MemberMember
(@f0kus)

Posted : 12/17/2005 5:04 am

I know green tea is tea.. the powder stuff was the mix the chinese doctor gave me.. but thanks for confirming that the stuff she gave is tea..

MemberMember
(@jt21378)

Posted : 12/17/2005 7:48 am

green tea IS tea. it's from the same plant as the normal black tea that we drink, just that green tea doesnt go thru the fermentation process. the powder that you drink is actually pulverised tea leaves. Drinking the powder is better than the ones in tea bags.

What are the benefits from drinking gren tea?

MemberMember
(@ch0c0freak)

Posted : 12/18/2005 2:14 am

there are lots of benefits of green tea, but mostly it's for it's antioxidant benefits. here's a few sites you might want to check out:

http://www.green-teas-guide.com/benefits-of-green-tea.html

http://www.innervibrance.com/green_tea_benefits/

MemberMember
(@user410314)

Posted : 07/27/2014 12:25 am

But there are no benefits in taking caffeine...

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 07/27/2014 1:39 pm

What kind of doctor do you have? What is your diet like?

And why don't you try spiro if you've been diagnosed as having high testosterone? Do you have PCOS?