Notifications
Clear all

Caffeine Can Cause Acne?

MemberMember
(@eve55)

Posted : 05/04/2017 4:16 am

Hi all.
I
getacne easily once I have fried food or stay up late. I hate the fact that my acne occurs nearly every month.
I'm a bit of a tea fiendand wondered if you guys here like it or dis-like it. Green tea is my favorite, I usually drink 2-3 cups a day. But I heard that caffeine in strong tea would cause acne, is that true?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 05/04/2017 11:07 am

So so,i drink loads brown,round 3ltr a day,but i drink a pint of tap water every time i drink tea,so drink cuppa,then next cuppa i drink water,then cuppa then water.

my skin dosnt seem to break out from it (i think) bit that could be individual.

dont eat fried and processed food like chips.eat healthy,cut the sugary treats,stop dairy,stuff your face with healthy veg,eat sweet potato instead of white.

find what works for you,stay stress free and keep hygene good.
:)

MemberMember
(@eve55)

Posted : 05/05/2017 2:31 am

15 hours ago, Quadboy said:

So so,i drink loads brown,round 3ltr a day,but i drink a pint of tap water every time i drink tea,so drink cuppa,then next cuppa i drink water,then cuppa then water.

my skin dosnt seem to break out from it (i think) bit that could be individual.

dont eat fried and processed food like chips.eat healthy,cut the sugary treats,stop dairy,stuff your face with healthy veg,eat sweet potato instead of white.

find what works for you,stay stress free and keep hygene good.
:)

Haha, sounds interesting, good for you. I'll try to drink water as much as you do.
I know keeping a healthy diet is good, but sometimes I would be bored of not eating fried and processed food... 
And yeah, less sugar. Thank you for your nice advice.^_^

MemberMember
(@foodforthought)

Posted : 05/09/2017 1:46 pm

It does impact on cortisol production and therefore indirectly affect acne, but only really if already feeling stressed and unlikely in the small doses of green tea! I would just avoid strong coffee if going through stressful times. Green tea has chemical components which reduce testosterone levels and may also help acne, plus anti-oxidants.