Notifications
Clear all

Hibiscus tea helps clear skin?

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 10/15/2016 4:08 pm

So, I keep my skin mostly clear via diet. However, I'm still prone to blackheads, especially on my back where my skin is usually not quite smooth. I assume it's blackheads, but I can't actually see them. However, last summer & again this summer, I notice it clears up completely. As it should be worse in the brutal hot humid Houston summers, I think it's likely due to some change in how I eat. And it occurs to me that in the summer, I drink a lot of cold hibiscus tea. Hibiscus tea is a major component of Republic of Teas "Get Gorgeous" Tea.

Try it. It's good for you. High in vitamin C & other antioxidants. It's un likely that it will make anything worse.

Drink it instead of juices which are like drinking sugar. And you should't drink sugar. That's the only thing I'm strict about in my diet. Buy whole dried flowers in Mexican or Caribbean markets. aka Jamaica tea. It's also better cold than hot. And don't make it so strong you need to sweeten it. I usually brew it cold. In fact I do it in a jar leave the flowers in the jar to make a concentrate that I filter into my glass to dilute to taste. Add a little wine & call it Sangria to have with dinner.

You can also eat the flowers. They are kind of nicely chewy. Add them to salad & stuff. I saw a TV chef used them in a salad dresser, chopped up in a blender.

MemberMember
(@silverlight22)

Posted : 10/15/2016 6:23 pm

Now that it is starting to get colder, have you tried experimenting if you get blackheads with and without hisbiscus tea? It could be that the weather itself triggers the blackheads to show up.

In my case, I have noticed that green mint tea tends to calm down and soothe my acne and I get a lot less breakouts if I drink it after having a sugary snack. I think the mint is responsible for this because when I'd have normal green tea it wouldn't really have a huge impact.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 10/15/2016 6:49 pm

25 minutes ago, silverlight22 said:

Now that it is starting to get colder, have you tried experimenting if you get blackheads with and without hisbiscus tea? It could be that the weather itself triggers the blackheads to show up.

Yeah, it isn't getting colder here yet. 89, sunny & humid today.