Notifications
Clear all

Should i go back to eating dairy? Please give me some advice.

MemberMember
(@sighcat)

Posted : 10/15/2016 12:56 pm

Hey! So, i eliminated dairy-product from my diet about 7-8 months ago in order to clear my acne. And it worked! I'm a %100 clear now. So, the problem is, im a teenager and still developing. And i need calcium. My parents are like, "if you continue like this your going to have serious problems in the future!" To be honest, that reeaaallly scared me. I eat all calcium rich foods like dill,parsley,almonds but i still feel like its never enough because recently i noticed that my nails weakend etc. I want to go back to eating dairy but im scared that my acne comes back. So, i have three questions. 

1- Is goats milk better and have a less chance of breaking me out than cows milk?
2- Im considering only eating goats yogurt daily. Is yogurt better than milk? Will it break me out?
3- Is there any other calcium rich foods other than dairy?

Thanks for answering! :)

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 10/15/2016 3:37 pm

You'll just have to try it.

And the answer to all three questions is yes. Goat is generally less of a problem than cow. And fermented dairy is better than not fermented. In fact, adult animals really shouldn't drink milk by the glassful. It is full of hormones and growth factors designed to accelerate growth. And in a body that is no longer growing, that's a bad thing.

MemberMember
(@holdingontohope)

Posted : 10/22/2016 8:00 pm

The only way you'll know is to try it.

I can't tolerate dairy but I can drink low-fat kefir, the key being low-fat. I can't drink the whole milk version.

MemberMember
(@silverlight22)

Posted : 10/24/2016 12:57 pm

On 22/10/2016 at 9:00 PM, holdingontohope said:

The only way you'll know is to try it.

I can't tolerate dairy but I can drink low-fat kefir, the key being low-fat. I can't drink the whole milk version.

How long did it take your acne to clear up after eliminating dairy?Did you see results right away? Or were you still breaking out for a couple of weeks before things calmed down?

MemberMember
(@suswang8)

Posted : 10/25/2016 6:46 pm

As long as you are eating a fair amount of lean animal protein, on top of a lot of vegetables, I see no reason why you need dairy.

that said, if you must eat it, start with fat-free organic kefir and yoghurt.

MemberMember
(@gentlesoul)

Posted : 10/25/2016 7:45 pm

There are certain vegetables , like kelp and soybeans, and nuts as you mentioned, but of course milk and yogourt are the quickest way to get your intake of calcium, barring supplements. But you do need calcium to prevent osteoporosis, especially later in life.

MemberMember
(@holdingontohope)

Posted : 11/20/2016 3:04 pm

On 10/24/2016 at 1:57 PM, silverlight22 said:
How long did it take your acne to clear up after eliminating dairy?Did you see results right away? Or were you still breaking out for a couple of weeks before things calmed down?

I stopped getting new acne as soon as I eliminated. You could try aspirin orally to help reduce the breakout.