Notifications
Clear all

Horrible acne after taking probiotics???

MemberMember
(@ponyboyyy)

Posted : 09/13/2016 10:54 pm

Has anyone experienced getting acne after taking a probiotic? Ive taken 2 different brands before and i don't remember getting pimples from it, but i started taking Refresh-pro b last week and almost immediately my face broke out and continues to do so. I keep doing research and I'm lost at what to do. Some say to keep going with it and see if it calms down but others say you should just stop taking that brand and switch to another. I get pimples, usually near my period, but not as much as this. Anyone else have this problem?

MemberMember
(@jenjen77)

Posted : 09/13/2016 11:51 pm

56 minutes ago, ponyboyyy said:

Has anyone experienced getting acne after taking a probiotic? Ive taken 2 different brands before and i don't remember getting pimples from it, but i started taking Refresh-pro b last week and almost immediately my face broke out and continues to do so. I keep doing research and I'm lost at what to do. Some say to keep going with it and see if it calms down but others say you should just stop taking that brand and switch to another. I get pimples, usually near my period, but not as much as this. Anyone else have this problem?

Most probiotics contain dairy. Dairy causes inflammation

MemberMember
(@kelbell812)

Posted : 09/15/2016 7:44 am

If you don't remember having issues with the other brands of probiotics then that is probably the issue. There are a lot of different types of probiotics out there, all with different ingredients and varying levels of bacteria in them. Certain one's could be causing your body to have a bad reaction.