Notifications
Clear all

Old forum member back to report clear skin!

MemberMember
(@nodoubt147)

Posted : 09/13/2016 10:38 am

Hi all. I used to come here very frequently when I was having a lot of problems with my skin. This was over 5+ years ago, and I found this message board to be very helpful during that time. I noticed with a lot of these message boards that when people heal or get better they are never to be heard from again. I wanted to come back to let users know that I did completely clear my skin without anyprescription medication. It is possible, and it didn't happen overnight. It absolutely had to do with my diet and lifestyle choices. I now maintain very clear skin without thinking much about it because all the information that I gathered and changes I made are now second nature. I no longer wake up first thing in the morning to check my skin, or worry about any little thing touching my face. I'm no longer so incredibly rigid about my washing regiment, because I now have all the tools to keep my skin in check. I won't go into super detail about my regiment but here are some of the important things that have helped completely clear me........

• SLEEP(potentially the most important) has to do with hormones folks
  • Regulating my blood sugar through diet
  • Moderating stress(caffeine, nicotine,aggravatingpeople, unhappy work situation, etc.)
  • Avoiding processed food
  • Taking high quality vitamins (fish oil, probiotics, b-complex, pancreatic enzymes)
  • Being aware of inflammatory markersin the my body ( nerve pain, itching, lower back pain)
  • Familiarizing myself with the concept of "Adrenal Fatigue" (more important than you think, and directly linked to acne)
  • Exercise

Please have hope people. Potentially the most important part of becoming completely clear naturally was the belief that I could heal myself through knowledge and willpower. I really believe where there is a will there is a way. If you really really want something you can have it.

MemberMember
(@user532889)

Posted : 09/13/2016 6:54 pm

AWESOME. Thanx fer checking in with your success!

And I second your summation points...100% agreed. Food industries are insidious pathogens who'll do whatever it takes to deceive and have u eating 'healthy' processed crap. I took me a while to figure out exactly what's what but I took a very similar approach and now I've been clear of acne for a few years.

Anyone struggling with acne should consider her method/lifestyle change, bc taking accutane/meds for acne success is extremely detrimental to your overall health.

PS ...damn I miss Colorado!

MemberMember
(@jenjen77)

Posted : 09/13/2016 11:52 pm

13 hours ago, nodoubt147 said:

Hi all. I used to come here very frequently when I was having a lot of problems with my skin. This was over 5+ years ago, and I found this message board to be very helpful during that time. I noticed with a lot of these message boards that when people heal or get better they are never to be heard from again. I wanted to come back to let users know that I did completely clear my skin without anyprescription medication. It is possible, and it didn't happen overnight. It absolutely had to do with my diet and lifestyle choices. I now maintain very clear skin without thinking much about it because all the information that I gathered and changes I made are now second nature. I no longer wake up first thing in the morning to check my skin, or worry about any little thing touching my face. I'm no longer so incredibly rigid about my washing regiment, because I now have all the tools to keep my skin in check. I won't go into super detail about my regiment but here are some of the important things that have helped completely clear me........

• SLEEP(potentially the most important) has to do with hormones folks
  • Regulating my blood sugar through diet
  • Moderating stress(caffeine, nicotine,aggravatingpeople, unhappy work situation, etc.)
  • Avoiding processed food
  • Taking high quality vitamins (fish oil, probiotics, b-complex, pancreatic enzymes)
  • Being aware of inflammatory markersin the my body ( nerve pain, itching, lower back pain)
  • Familiarizing myself with the concept of "Adrenal Fatigue" (more important than you think, and directly linked to acne)
  • Exercise

Please have hope people. Potentially the most important part of becoming completely clear naturally was the belief that I could heal myself through knowledge and willpower. I really believe where there is a will there is a way. If you really really want something you can have it.

What did you do about adrenal fatigue? Natural supplements?

ive heard b6 and b12 cause acne??

MemberMember
(@nodoubt147)

Posted : 09/14/2016 9:25 am

The adrenal support is an ongoing thing. Reducing stimulants, getting plenty of sleep are great natural ways to support the adrenals. Lawrence Wilson writes a book called "Adrenal Fatigue, Disease of the 21st century" that really explains a lot including supplements and diet. I've found Licorice root tincture, B-complex to be helpful. Excessive stress on the adrenals can cause acne, not specific vitamins unless you are taking gross amounts.