Notifications
Clear all

Intestinal Problems The Root Of Acne Problems?

MemberMember
(@lightersup)

Posted : 05/02/2014 4:52 pm

Hey everyone,

I've been dealing with a particularly stubborn breakout for more than a year now and no matter what I put on my face, seems like I can't get my skin back to how it used to be. I even use the same facial products that kept me clear in the past, but I still can't get 100% clear like I was back then. Breakouts would heal very slowly and the quality of my skin was just the worst it's ever been in my life.

This may be TMI but I've also been dealing with chronic constipation during the same period. I would eat tons of food, especially on weekends when I'm out with friends, but my bowel movements would usually be watery and sometimes nonexistent. Basically I consume lots of food but it doesn't come out at the same rate on the other end. Diarrhea was normal and a solid stool would actually surprise me.

I never thought much about this and just brushed it off like a consequence of life, like a headache or something. I didn't realize something was very wrong about this until I was vomiting in the toilet, having night sweats and sometimes even fainting in my room for a few seconds.

I did some research and found out that my intestines may be severely backed up because of my ongoing constipation/diarrhea, and all of this undigested, putrified waste is just left festering inside my body, releasing toxins, harboring dangerous bacteria and even supplying this bacteria to my bloodstream and all over my body including my skin. I also learned about 'parasitism' and how intestinal parasites thrive in toxic, sluggish colons and steal your body of nutrients and minerals, and then poop out more toxins for your body to reabsorb. These parasites can also lay millions of eggs in our digestive tracks and stay there for decades! Definitely shocked me and disgusted me.

I finally came to the realization that I needed to cleanse my digestive system if I wanted to have a chance at getting healthy again.

So for the past month I've been eating a few raw cloves of garlic a day to kill parasites (crushed raw garlic is a very potent antibacterial/antifungal/antiviral/antiparasite herb), drinking apple cider vinegar water to cleanse my digestive tract of bad bacteria, and taking in a lot of high fiber foods and fiber supplements to get my bowel movements consistently solid again. I'm taking a Psyllium Husk fiber supplement that sweeps through your intestines like Draino and removes old, fecal matter stuck in the folds and crevices of your intestines. This allows your intestines to absorb more nutrition. When old waste is left stuck in your intestines, your body just continually reabsorbs this toxic material because it's not expelled like it should be. We can have years and years of old crap, literally, built up in our intestines if we are not careful.

So I've been on this cleansing program for almost a month and let me just say that the bowel movements I've been having are very interesting to say the least. A lot of strange matter has been coming out of me and I'm just amazed at what I see. I see long strands of impacted fecal matter, huge masses of stringy mucous, and I've also seen some very small, black thread-like 'worms'. Since this is my first colon cleanse, I'm convinced I've been host to worms in my intestines and they're finally getting killed by the raw garlic I've been consuming and getting flushed out.

My only issue is that my skin has actually broken out MORE because of this intestinal cleanse program and some days I feel extremely fatigued, but supposedly it's because all the years of stored toxins are finally being released by my body and it takes a lot of energy to get rid of everything. I'm hoping that in another month or so, my body will be functioning as it was meant to, and my skin will heal up as well. It's like stirring up pond water, everything gets murky and toxins are moved around as you start cleansing your body.

I'm really praying for a good resolution here and was wondering if anyone has had personal experiences with colon cleansing? I would love to hear your experiences. I firmly believe that a healthy, moving digestive tract is essential for good health and good skin, and I've been neglecting this very basic concept my whole life.

MemberMember
(@jari-litmanen)

Posted : 05/03/2014 2:45 am

Candida overgrowth?

MemberMember
(@dscully)

Posted : 05/03/2014 3:05 pm

I cleared out my gut with a long juice fast and psyllium husk powder caplets (it's too gluey for me to swallow the powder). Didn't see anything gross or weird in my poop during that time, but everyone's different. My skin is really really clear now that I have my diet under control. The health of your gut definitely impacts overall health, and probably acne too. My acne was mostly related to blood-sugar fluctuations and the hormone imbalances that come with them. I'm a woman, so cleaning up my diet also made my menstrual cycle more regular since my hormones got back in balance.

I generally eat a ton of garlic, since I cook with it so much. It goes in/on almost everything I make. Sometimes If I'm feeling poorly, I'll swallow a whole clove like a pill. Always does the trick. Garlic is amazing for you. If you can stand it, gargle with garlic juice if you feel a sore throat coming on. Good stuff. It's also good for mouth sores.

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 05/03/2014 4:20 pm

I cleared out my gut with a long juice fast and psyllium husk powder caplets (it's too gluey for me to swallow the powder). Didn't see anything gross or weird in my poop during that time, but everyone's different. My skin is really really clear now that I have my diet under control. The health of your gut definitely impacts overall health, and probably acne too. My acne was mostly related to blood-sugar fluctuations and the hormone imbalances that come with them. I'm a woman, so cleaning up my diet also made my menstrual cycle more regular since my hormones got back in balance.

I generally eat a ton of garlic, since I cook with it so much. It goes in/on almost everything I make. Sometimes If I'm feeling poorly, I'll swallow a whole clove like a pill. Always does the trick. Garlic is amazing for you. If you can stand it, gargle with garlic juice if you feel a sore throat coming on. Good stuff. It's also good for mouth sores.

Dscully, you look so beautiful in your wedding photo! 🙂

And to stay on topic...LIghtersUP, I do think that intestinal problems can definitely affect the skin. I have had intestinal problems since I was a kid, and I now think that that, the anxiety I have, and my skin issues are all related. Cleaning up my diet definitely make me a lot more "regular." I also feel better overall. And I love garlic! I've never noticed what you're describing, though.