Notifications
Clear all

Calling All Knowledgable Health Junkies!

MemberMember
(@david1604)

Posted : 11/04/2013 12:40 am

Hey Rosalie - just stumbled across some of your posts & I am concerned about you. You need to eat healthy while taking any supplements otherwise your body can't cope. And by healthy I mean getting enough protein and vegetables & fruit (go for the less sugary fruit where possible). Stay away from dairy if you can - dairy is full of hormones so take calcium supplements for your bones & vitamin D is great for acne too. If you want to take supplements for your skin, vitamin C 1000mg a day is great, zinc 50mg a day & Selenium is good too - but never exceed more than 50-70 mcg a day. I WOULD try a 3 mth course of antibiotics to get the bacteria under control, but no longer than that & if you do take antibiotics make sure you take a probiotic every day, otherwise you will end up with Candida which is not good for pimples. I have been reading up on the chromium....I'm not sure about it, so many mixed reviews & the hair loss thing is a concern. ALSO vitamin A is great. I'm not talking roaccutane - but you can take up to 50,000 I.U for 3 mths (you need a prescription for this in Australia - don't know about USA) - stop for 1mth & then back on again. etc. This is what my dermatologist had me on - it worked. Please contact me if you need any more info.

Regards, David.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 11/04/2013 4:43 pm

^Geez. Please don't try the antibiotics. Killing everything is not the answer, many of the bacteria and other microbes play essential roles in your body including those on your skin. Besides, bacteria are really not the cause of acne.

MemberMember
(@gladiatoro)
MemberMember
(@david1604)

Posted : 11/06/2013 2:10 am

Hey Alternativista - you are absolutely right, I'm not disagreeing with you - antibiotics are bad news, that's why I said not to exceed more than 3 mths & to definitely take probiotics while on them - BUT definitely stay away from them if possible. Natural antibiotics like garlic & colloidal silver are good options. I don't know if anyone else has tried this, but lately I have been taking psyllium husk - not because I wanted to treat the occasional pimple I still get, but for cleansing purposes. It's very important to have a good bowel movement everyday (sorry, hate talking about things like that) but I have noticed that my skin is nicer looking i.e more translucent & healthier looking (note I also have 8 glasses of water a day - this is vital). Also having a home made vegetable/low sugar fruit juice a day is really great (I usually use carrot, celery & an apple, but anything green & especially carrot is great - good for cleansing the liver). Rosalie - please be careful with chromium - it definitely looks promising from all the posts I have read, but maybe try brewer's yeast (loaded with chromium) first & then move to the actual supplement - natural is always better as I am sure you know.

David.