Notifications
Clear all

Water Fast For Scars And Acne

MemberMember
(@fyry)

Posted : 07/20/2014 10:56 am

wait what do u mean no fat ever? arent fish and chicken fat? :/ what do u mean with fat then?
hm eating like u do now did make u gain some weight tho right?
did u exercise during low cal nd do u exercise now?
if thats u in the pic btw, u do have rly nice body!
i cant imagine myself calculating all the vitamins for food every day tho..~_~

No, its not me in the picture, I am a bit skinnier now. Fat from fish and chicken is so little... I ate mainly white fish, not fatty fish. However, no added fat, no avocados, no olives and just plain vegs is very little for the skin and hair. Try it and watch your wrinkles get deeper. This is my experience...

I said that during the low cal phase I exercised 5-6 days a week low intensity, for example 60 mins of pilates and 60 min. cardio (walking on the theadmil or crosstrainer or something else. Sometimes I did spinning, not much weights if any.)

I exercise always, now also. I did gain just in the first two weeks of reintroducing more calories, but than I got rid of the extra water. Over the next months I gained 2 pounds. Now I exercise also 5 to 6 times a week, but more intense and short workouts.

Calculating my meals took a bit of time and experimenting, but once you make 2-3 staple menus, you dont need to do it. You also must not be 100% perfect, results come with consistency.

Example:

breakfast smoothie :

- 450 g frozen spinach

- 2-3 tbsp flax

- 1 tbsp chia

- 1 tbsp maca

- 350 g berries

- 1 big avocado OR 2tbsp coconut oil

- sometimes 1 kiwi or pear or just add another avocado

- coconut flour as a toping after blending 2-6 tbsp

this makes a LOT of smoothie and I am not hungry til dinner. I can snack on some celery or cucumbers uring the day...

dinner :

- 4 days of the week salmon 250 g, 1 day is shrimps, 2 days organic eggs, sometimes I eat organic meat or just mix fish and eggs or meat and eggs. Depends. OR I will have sweet potatoes. Never mix sweet potatoes with protein.

- VEG MUSTS for the salad: 1-2 cuumbers, 4 big red peppers, dark leafy greens

- VEG MAYBE-S: 1-2 tomatoes (I am careful with tomatoes...), celery, cabbage, onions, garlic, dried tomatoes

- Cooked VEG EXTRAS: eggplant, zuccini, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, rare: carrots (dont like them).

- SPICES MUSTS: curry or turmeric or basil or oregano or chilli or cinnamon. I try to eat some spices everyday.

- If I had a good training: extra virgin greek olive oil (I have 5 liters at home, directly from Tasos )

Plan-B- Dinners:

When I eat with friends or need something different:

I make a crispy tofu stir fry or cook something that wont meet all vitamin needs. I just take more supplements on this day.

MemberMember
(@iamlenlen)

Posted : 07/22/2014 11:27 pm

I ate 400-1000 calories a day of vegs and chicken and fish, no fat ever. Around 8 weeks with weekly carb loading (fruits, soy yoghurt with oats). BUT I also did 2 hours of low impact cardio a day minimum most days. I achieved a killer body and did this to improve my looks a bit, although I am skinny, 5 ft 8, 128-130 Pounds now. BUTTTTT I literally looked like hell in the face. I didnt believe nutrition can make this difference.

Now I eat around 1600-2500 depending what I do/dont. I have a better body, because I am firmer and leaner abs, because I am not always bloated of the exess proteins. Big nutritious smoothie with loads of fat in the morning, fish, organic meat or eggs or sweet potatoes with fat anf rainbow salad in the evening. My scars are fading almost 100%, but this time not only is my face clear, my skin glows. Highly recommend black seed oil.

Water fasting may be good for some, but for me every kind of fasting is depleting the organism of nutritions. I literally started to "glow" after I calculated the needed amount of food to meet 100% vitamin E from food, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Vitamin A, Bs, SELEN, Copper Etc. The menus I made for myself are calculated to be my medicine. I only supplement vitamin D and a skin-vitamin complex of different things such as medicine yeast, some Bs, Zinc Biotin etc.

It is hard, but it is worth it.

fire nature you mentioned in your previous post that you are almost 100% clear. Do you mean red marks or even deep facial scarring as well? And what about a deep nose scar? thank you

MemberMember
(@fyry)

Posted : 07/23/2014 1:26 am

My red marks are fading since i dont wear make up ( I believe this was 50% of the cure) and eat 100% good all of the time.

I still have some breakouts and they leave red marks but because everything else is fading, they dont stand out that much. I am battling the last flow of inflammation. I hope at least :D

Deep scarring... I dont have THAT MUCH deep scars, they are visible just when you look very close. Or when I lose too much weight. Since I started applying black seed oil on my skin, I see improvement. I saw improvement after the first day of using it.

Maybe I will make some peeling in the winter, but this ist a priority now, I want to achieve 100% calm face, because I havent cured my ridiculous intolerances yet.

iamlenlen liked
MemberMember
(@iamlenlen)

Posted : 08/01/2014 2:27 am

My red marks are fading since i dont wear make up ( I believe this was 50% of the cure) and eat 100% good all of the time.

I still have some breakouts and they leave red marks but because everything else is fading, they dont stand out that much. I am battling the last flow of inflammation. I hope at least

Deep scarring... I dont have THAT MUCH deep scars, they are visible just when you look very close. Or when I lose too much weight. Since I started applying black seed oil on my skin, I see improvement. I saw improvement after the first day of using it.

Maybe I will make some peeling in the winter, but this ist a priority now, I want to achieve 100% calm face, because I havent cured my ridiculous intolerances yet.

oh do you have any idea whether that kind of diet would actually heal deep scarrinG? And oh have you read the post of ozone bubble regarding her diet and cleanses/flushes? She cured her scars. Deep scarring, keloids, superficial, etc. :)

MemberMember
(@smileyone2)

Posted : 12/03/2014 9:53 am

What happens to your skin once you resume eating and is there anyway to curb the weight loss. I am not thin, I am on the thicker side but I actually love being a curvy woman :)

MemberMember
(@lenlenlen)

Posted : 12/30/2014 11:00 am

I am about to fast by the 1st week of january. :)

MemberMember
(@lenlenlen)

Posted : 12/30/2014 5:39 pm

Bump. Anyone out there who already did fasting? I am preparing for the fast. I am rrying to gain some weighr 1st. I hope I could find someone here who would like to start at the same time with me. :)

MemberMember
(@colbs)

Posted : 10/24/2016 1:09 am

50 hours into my hopefully 21 day water fast. Would love to hear from anyone who is doing a water fast for clearing their acne, or has already gone through one and could share their results!

MemberMember
(@rarecyclist)

Posted : 02/12/2017 8:17 pm

Hello,

I am on the second day of a water fast.I plan to go for at least 21 days, bc from what I've gleaned that is the amount of time needed to get to work on acne scars - I have enlarged pores, hyperpigmentation, as well as ice pick, and larger shallow scars. ill post before and after pictures once I complete the fast/ if I see improvement. I plan to listen to my body and stop the fast when the "hunger" returns. I may also try some days of dry fasting, which I may actually try for the next 24 hrs (maybe, I'm a few hours in, but may decide to resume water intake).

I am embarking on the fast in every hopes that it will heal my scars, as well as bring me perspective, clarity, improved mental function, and allow me to break unhealthy patterns.

Im in school, but I don't have exams for two weeks. I plan to use to this time to study, listen to meditation and self help audiobooks, practice light exercise, and develope healthy thought- patterns. I have an interview for a cafe job in two days for which I may consider having a bit of juice before hand.

Ive been battling acne for probably six years, I'm a 26 yr old F with a degree of PCOS. I've been working with a functional medicine dr over the last few months who put me on an ellimination diet (no gluten, sugar, dairy, eggs, beans, soy, et al.) and herbs to get rid of the strains of bad bacteria in my gut. I've been following a whole30 diet for the better part of a year and a half. I've even getting regular microdermabrasion facials for probably the last 9 months and have cycled thru various topical medications as well as natural methods such as manuca honey, ACV, and oils. I probably do too much to my face, the least of which is wasjing it too much. My acne has definitely morphed thru the different things I've tried, now it's mostly clogged pores - closed comedones and blackheads on my checks, chin/jaw, and forehead. Recently I've notced my pores and scars becoming more pronounced as well as post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation - part of me thinks it may be due to a retinol overnite oil I was using, but I can't b certain.

I don't say I am moderately avtibe. I go thru cycles of excerise and stagnancy.I've been better recently about exercising 6 days a week, alternating btwn cardio pursuits and isometric exercise days as well a the occasional yoga class - though I go through months of like zero exercise.

I battled bn for the better part of two years up until probably nine months ago. I have a p rough emotional/stressful history. I suffer from anxiety/depression, that coupled with my acne has led me to hermit for about a year, so generally p unhappy and a lot of time spent searching for cures on the internet.

I smoked cigs for probably four years and also pot. I've took lamictal, buproprin, for short durations in my late teens, no a low dose of adderall sporadically in my early twenties. I am not a heavy drinker, but I have partaken in more than a few recreational drugs. I have a history of recurrant yeast infections for which a took rounds of antibiotics. In my tween and I took a lot of NSAIDs.

I'm 5'6" and weigh 127 lbs today. I carry the majority of my weight on my upper thighs.

I c the last post here was a few years ago, and bc this is my first post on this site I'm not sure if this'll b buried or rise to the top. But I've gained a fair bit of info reading this feed so I thought I'd add my journey to the mess.

MemberMember
(@rarecyclist)

Posted : 03/06/2017 4:46 am

On 2/12/2017 at 5:17 PM, RareCyclist said:
Hello,

I am on the second day of a water fast.I plan to go for at least 21 days, bc from what I've gleaned that is the amount of time needed to get to work on acne scars - I have enlarged pores, hyperpigmentation, as well as ice pick, and larger shallow scars. ill post before and after pictures once I complete the fast/ if I see improvement. I plan to listen to my body and stop the fast when the "hunger" returns. I may also try some days of dry fasting, which I may actually try for the next 24 hrs (maybe, I'm a few hours in, but may decide to resume water intake).

I am embarking on the fast in every hopes that it will heal my scars, as well as bring me perspective, clarity, improved mental function, and allow me to break unhealthy patterns.

Im in school, but I don't have exams for two weeks. I plan to use to this time to study, listen to meditation and self help audiobooks, practice light exercise, and develope healthy thought- patterns. I have an interview for a cafe job in two days for which I may consider having a bit of juice before hand.

Ive been battling acne for probably six years, I'm a 26 yr old F with a degree of PCOS. I've been working with a functional medicine dr over the last few months who put me on an ellimination diet (no gluten, sugar, dairy, eggs, beans, soy, et al.) and herbs to get rid of the strains of bad bacteria in my gut. I've been following a whole30 diet for the better part of a year and a half. I've even getting regular microdermabrasion facials for probably the last 9 months and have cycled thru various topical medications as well as natural methods such as manuca honey, ACV, and oils. I probably do too much to my face, the least of which is wasjing it too much. My acne has definitely morphed thru the different things I've tried, now it's mostly clogged pores - closed comedones and blackheads on my checks, chin/jaw, and forehead. Recently I've notced my pores and scars becoming more pronounced as well as post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation - part of me thinks it may be due to a retinol overnite oil I was using, but I can't b certain.

I don't say I am moderately avtibe. I go thru cycles of excerise and stagnancy.I've been better recently about exercising 6 days a week, alternating btwn cardio pursuits and isometric exercise days as well a the occasional yoga class - though I go through months of like zero exercise.

I battled bn for the better part of two years up until probably nine months ago. I have a p rough emotional/stressful history. I suffer from anxiety/depression, that coupled with my acne has led me to hermit for about a year, so generally p unhappy and a lot of time spent searching for cures on the internet.

I smoked cigs for probably four years and also pot. I've took lamictal, buproprin, for short durations in my late teens, no a low dose of adderall sporadically in my early twenties. I am not a heavy drinker, but I have partaken in more than a few recreational drugs. I have a history of recurrant yeast infections for which a took rounds of antibiotics. In my tween and I took a lot of NSAIDs.

I'm 5'6" and weigh 127 lbs today. I carry the majority of my weight on my upper thighs.

I c the last post here was a few years ago, and bc this is my first post on this site I'm not sure if this'll b buried or rise to the top. But I've gained a fair bit of info reading this feed so I thought I'd add my journey to the mess.

MemberMember
(@rarecyclist)

Posted : 03/06/2017 5:17 am

Hello,

i am three days after my 21 day water fast. Let me just say, phew, that was hard, but worth it, I got more than a lot out of it on so many levels - physically, psychologically, and like lifeforce/disposition/realizing myself/place in it all kinda way. Lol

but your skin! You ask, how is it? SO good, so much better, like WOW. Granted, I also didn't wash my face for three weeks and I think that probability had a lot to do with it  and the fact that I wasn't eating things that I may be intolerant to at this point bc of my leaky gut or whatever, and bc I drank a lot of water. I think you might be able to get similar results by not washing your face and cutting out all the stuff you know is bad for you - sugar, gluten, oils, et al. I don't see that much scar reduction, but I'm realizing I don't have scars more scarred pores (which I may be stuck with - at least until I try a longer water fast ~ I don't think my body worked its way through all my fat reserves to eat scar tissue (do scarred pores even have scar tissue?)). I'm also realizing that a lot of what I thought were large pores are actually just filled with stuff that has been working its way to the surface of my skin the last few weeks of doing nothing to it (no washing, no picking, no nada). And my hope is that as I can cpntonue to do nothing to my face these clogs will continue to push themselves out and then maybe the pores will close. And then maybe the pores will close. I will probably experiment with shorter fasts to see if this page th the scarred pores and maybe in future do a longer fast to c  my body will move on to scar issue after fat reserves, but for now three weeks was long enough for me. 

stats/general info:

i lost twenty pounds.
The fast was a journey, no two days were the same.  Had detox reactions, I felt sick, I felt weak, I was clear headed, I was impossibly tired, I had a rash, had a runny nose, I danced, i watched tv, I listened to mindfulness tapes, I looked at way too many pictures of food on IG, I was hungry, I was not hungry, and everything in between. 

Skin specifics (ew, graphic):
First everything that was lurking under my skin came to the surface. I left it alone until it came to a yellow head then I lanced the top to make an exit hole and removed it correctly by first pulling the skinaway with q tips then applying pressure to remove the plug rn annointining it with manuka. I know from experience that these plugs must be removed, but only when they are ready. 

what I did notice is stuff healed really fast. Like after I excized it and hyperpigmentation that'd been sticking around faded a lot
also, no new stuff formed
usually I'd have never ending spots all over my problem areas. There was always something "in the wings"
now there is nothing. Nothing except the stuff that's been there in the pores (not really even whiteheads/closed comedones at this point) just pores that looked big and dark ridding themselves of their contents, slowly. And I have vowed not to push them along. They know how to do their job. I will let them this time bc I didn't do it well in he first place. I only make shit worse. A lot worse 

if if there's anything this experience has taught me it's that your skin will heal itself. Leave it alone 
like for real. Try not washing your face. It's might get peely, but like I think that how it heals itself kinda. I finally took a washcloth to it the other day and it looks better cuz the dry skin is gone. But no
soap. No oils. no moisturizers or acne products. 

I did let water touch my face bc I took a fair amount of baths bc the body detoxing was p strong and I couldn't sleep without kinda being knocked out by the hot water. This was a rough experience, not  gonna lie. Probably made a lot harder bc I had to study for and take midterms (molecular biology and integral calc) and go to class all the time. A lot of time I had no energy and it wasn't comfortable to b in the same position for long :/

MemberMember
(@rarecyclist)

Posted : 03/06/2017 5:44 am

It's not that I don't recommend this to everyone, I'm just telling you you gotta b in the right place to do it - mentally, right timing in yr life, and for sure you gotta b in great health and you really gotta do your research.

I must say, I was in excellent physical condition. I have been eating very healthily for most of my life and exercising regularly. My eating took on a whole
other level of healthy probably three years ago and getting progressively more so which each passing month/week - I was constantly tweeking my diet for optimal health. I'm talking organic, nothing that isn't definitely food, no crap whatsoever. From there We're talking no sugar (even limited fruit), no gluten (hardly any grains), no beans, no dairy, no oils except coconut and occasionally olive, no caffine,no soy, no flavorings or preservatives, chicken and fish from pasture raised wild caught sources, certainin vegetables -lots of greens and colorful things like carrots beets and the occasional sweetpotato, bone broth, sauerkraut, soaked nuts and seeds. Plus a whole bunch of supplements such as magnesium, zinc, a bunch of probiotics, digestive enzymes, b complex, fish oil, iron, hcl, among others. All this and I was still getting acne, I kid you not.

And before I undertook the extended water fast I experimented with intermittent fasting. For several months I didn't eat after seven pm and mostly went to bed around ten pm. Then leading up to the water fast I tried alternate day fasting ( I had one small meal 500 cal midday on days between the days I ate whatever I wanted until seven pm).

I believethat all this set me up real well to do an extended water fast. It's not something one should just jump into if they don't have like good reserves of stuff/haven't been healthful for a while. Prob could some serious harm. Just sayin

MemberMember
(@rarecyclist)

Posted : 03/06/2017 5:59 am

Now that I'm a few days into food again - gotta break your fast well too or you'll have serious issues - I'm adding food back in ellimination diet style.

Im looking to both the gaps and scd diet as well as family history, but mostly sticking to a cure-my leaky gut guidelines as I introduce stuff back in. That means so grain or sugar or dairy for sure and like a lot of other stuff until the gut is healed. After fruits and salad greens as well as green juice and sauerkraut and pickles today I moved on to peanut butterbc I haven't had peanutsin years and just felt like it. After a few days if I have no symptoms I plan on moving to tomatoes but who knows.

Ladies:
interesting tidbit, my period came like two weeks early and I bled for like a week, which is like more than twice what it usually is

tips:
if you plan to do an extended water fast do it when you don't have much going on. And maybe when you have someone nearby who could like go to the store to get you distilled water. That it ish is heavy, esp if youlive upstairs. Tho I did it alone and I also feel like it woulda been hard to have someone around you haveto deal with. So i dunno
Also maybe don'ttell too many ppl about it. they prob won't get it.

MemberMember
(@vanessa-p)

Posted : 02/21/2018 7:06 pm

@RareCyclist Your story is seriously inspiring! I know this is almost a year later, but I wanted to know how your skin is doing now. How did introducing foods back in slowly go? Did you find any sensitivities or can you eat anything now? 

I'm asking because I recently did a two week juice fast and am now eating only fruits and vegetables (no oils or spices) for another 3 weeks. It's definitely not as strict as a 21-day water fast, but I think the effects might be similar. Let me know! :) 

MemberMember
(@rakimaki99)

Posted : 09/26/2019 1:21 pm

Hey,
Im also joining the club, 80 hours in so far, aiming for 2 weeks at least