(@duffq)

Posted : 08/21/2013 4:07 pm

Tomorrow i will start preparing for my fast with droping the food intake

With only eating fruits

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 08/22/2013 10:45 am

I have a question.
Until what day should i keep fasting? I just need my scars to heal as much as possible. I heard this is the last stage. Your old wounds, scars will heal after detoxing.
So, is 14 day fasting enough for my body to repair my scars and old wounds?

MemberMember
(@hasmas)

Posted : 08/22/2013 11:17 am

I have a question.

Until what day should i keep fasting? I just need my scars to heal as much as possible. I heard this is the last stage. Your old wounds, scars will heal after detoxing.

Fast as much as you are able to :)

MemberMember
(@duffq)

Posted : 08/22/2013 12:46 pm

Not more then 40 days

MemberMember
(@duffq)

Posted : 08/22/2013 1:37 pm

I will start my fast tomorrow somebody want to join?

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 08/22/2013 2:42 pm

I have a question.

Fast as much as you are able to smile.png

Oh, i can fast as long as a month if that's what it takes to get rid of my scars even if just the shallow scars disappear, i will be soo happy.

I am already fasting. Im on my day 3, and i can tell you it does NOT feel PLEASANT. I think it's because my body is in the process of ketosis already. Im hoping tommorow is a lot different and so is the upcoming days.

Anyways, i feel really weak and just walking is hard for me. I get dizzy sometimes too especially when im lying down then i lift myself up FAST. The trick is to get up SLOWLY. I read about it, and it's because of blood pressure going down during a fast etc. etc.

I'm still craving food (well, im just on my day 3) especially because my FAMILY KEEPS BUYING AND COOKING DELICIOUS FOODS!! GOSH!!! I cant tell my family im fasting, cause they will discourage me, judge me, and laugh at me etc. etc. They even brought ice cream, candies, chocolates!!! OMGGMGMGMGMGMMG

But im resisting well.... i hope.

Also i heard you shoudnt put lotions, makeup, or topicals because most of them have ingredients that are not good for the skin. During fasting, the skin absorbs it. The skin is also very sensitive because it is trying to remove toxins etc.

I am putting topicals BUT my topicals are 100% natural and benificial.

I am aiming for a 14 day fast or 18 days if i can.

THough im having a hard time resisting because i have 2 weeks left till school and i want to eat delicious foods and go wherever i want for my last weeks of summer. But, i have to endure if i want to heal me scars and redmarks,darkmarks...

Update me on yours ^_^

MemberMember
(@hasmas)

Posted : 08/22/2013 3:08 pm

I have a question.

Fast as much as you are able to smile.png

Oh, i can fast as long as a month if that's what it takes to get rid of my scars even if just the shallow scars disappear, i will be soo happy.

>>I will start my fast tomorrow somebody want to join?

I am already fasting. Im on my day 3, and i can tell you it does NOT feel PLEASANT. I think it's because my body is in the process of ketosis already. Im hoping tommorow is a lot different and so is the upcoming days.

Anyways, i feel really weak and just walking is hard for me. I get dizzy sometimes too especially when im lying down then i lift myself up FAST. The trick is to get up SLOWLY. I read about it, and it's because of blood pressure going down during a fast etc. etc.

I'm still craving food (well, im just on my day 3) especially because my FAMILY KEEPS BUYING AND COOKING DELICIOUS FOODS!! GOSH!!! I cant tell my family im fasting, cause they will discourage me, judge me, and laugh at me etc. etc. They even brought ice cream, candies, chocolates!!! OMGGMGMGMGMGMMG

But im resisting well.... i hope.

Also i heard you shoudnt put lotions, makeup, or topicals because most of them have ingredients that are not good for the skin. During fasting, the skin absorbs it. The skin is also very sensitive because it is trying to remove toxins etc.

I am putting topicals BUT my topicals are 100% natural and benificial.

I am aiming for a 14 day fast or 18 days if i can.

THough im having a hard time resisting because i have 2 weeks left till school and i want to eat delicious foods and go wherever i want for my last weeks of summer. But, i have to endure if i want to heal me scars and redmarks,darkmarks...

Update me on yours amused.gif

Fast 15days and if you start to see some results then keep going brother smile.png

lenlenlen liked
MemberMember
(@rosalie324)

Posted : 08/22/2013 3:17 pm

Ughhh I'm so tempted to try this...!

MemberMember
(@moonlitriver)

Posted : 08/22/2013 3:24 pm

Please don't Rosalie, at the risk of being controversial I think this whole thread is utter madness! There's no point in severely endangering your overall health for the sake of "maybe" marginally and temporarily improving the appearance of your acne/scars.

MemberMember
(@rosalie324)

Posted : 08/22/2013 3:31 pm

Please don't Rosalie, at the risk of being controversial I think this whole thread is utter madness! There's no point in severely endangering your overall health for the sake of "maybe" marginally and temporarily improving the appearance of your acne/scars.

Yea... I know. I thought the same thing. I guess the idea is playing into my weaknesses. There's always the "what if" it would actually help, you know?

MemberMember
(@moonlitriver)

Posted : 08/22/2013 3:36 pm

Yea... I know. I thought the same thing. I guess the idea is playing into my weaknesses. eusa_wall.gif There's always the "what if" it would actually help, you know?

Yeh I know. I often feel desperate enough that I think I'd try anything under the sun as well. But believe me, in this case it is certainly not worth it!

honeyhone liked
MemberMember
(@cookiej)

Posted : 08/22/2013 3:51 pm

I really wouldn't do this. A total water fast, even if anecdotally has improved scars, I still wouldn't do.

What someone else said about fasting for 16 hours and eating for 8 hours is called intermittent fasting (IF). It's been linked (but still needs more research) with better energy levels, improved blood markers such as better insulin sensitivity, lower cholesterol levels, reduced inflammation (IGF1) levels etc.

I personally tried IF last summer until this March (eating all of my calories from midday-8pm) and I'll admit that I felt more energy in the mornings. But I think this was because I was intolerant to gluten, wheat and dairy. So, in effect, I think the only reason I felt better without eating was because my body didn't have to deal with those foods. But after eating all of my food, I felt really tired and wanted to do nothing but sleep.

In March when was when I stopped doing IF. I caught a bug and passed out in the morning. Wasn't fun. They told me I had dangerously low blood sugar levels. From then on I always made sure to eat something every few hours to maintain more consistent blood sugar levels.

So my (newly updated) opinion of fasting is that it's bad.

MemberMember
(@duffq)

Posted : 08/22/2013 4:19 pm

Cookiej well you did intermittent fasting im talking about water fasting for 40 days and with a doctor supervision.

Many People have cured their scars with water fasting

MemberMember
(@loveplastic)

Posted : 08/22/2013 4:58 pm

A water fast WILL NOT kill you. A pet peeve of mine is people who knowck something without even trying it or knowing what it is. Reminds me opf all my sick friends who keep telling me I'm gonna die for being "too healthy".

On topic I fasted for about 14 days, it wasn't a water fast as I drank different healthy liquids but let me tell you, my scars were clearing unbelievably fast! During the first days I burned my left hand and by the end of the fast the 3 inch scar was almost gone. It was kind of a bummer because if it weren't for that huge scar I'm sure my body would have healed more efficiently.

P.S. I didn't die.

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 08/22/2013 5:22 pm

A water fast WILL NOT kill you. A pet peeve of mine is people who knowck something without even trying it or knowing what it is. Reminds me opf all my sick friends who keep telling me I'm gonna die for being "too healthy".

On topic I fasted for about 14 days, it wasn't a water fast as I drank different healthy liquids but let me tell you, my scars were clearing unbelievably fast! During the first days I burned my left hand and by the end of the fast the 3 inch scar was almost gone. It was kind of a bummer because if it weren't for that huge scar I'm sure my body would have healed more efficiently.

P.S. I didn't die.

Hey,

Im interested in the outcome of your waterfast?

Did any of your scars on your face disappeared?

If you had redmarks and dark marks from acne, did they also disappear?

What healthy liquids did you drink?

MemberMember
(@loveplastic)

Posted : 08/22/2013 5:31 pm

P.S. I didn't die.

Hey,

Im interested in the outcome of your waterfast?

Did any of your scars on your face disappeared?

If you had redmarks and dark marks from acne, did they also disappear?

I agree with you. Water fast is not THAT dangerous when done properly and with some common sense.

Well the thing is, I didn't fast on just water. I took cleansing herbs(pills), drank water, kombucha, herbal teas, apple cider vinegar, Emergen C packets etc. NO solid foods.

I had extremely severe acne for 10 years and yes my scars all over my body were going away fast. I mean every other day you could see a small difference.

Had I water fasted I cannot imagine how good my skin would have healed.

By the way after I finished I saw a few people I hadn't seen in months and they kept commenting about how good I looked. I almost looked like a completely different person. I would have kept fasting but since I'm already underweight I was getting too thin and I was sick of people Bit**ing bout how it was unhealthy and how I was gonna die.neutral.gif

MemberMember
(@duffq)

Posted : 08/22/2013 5:57 pm

Aghhne i will be updating every day

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 08/23/2013 11:18 am

A question to all fasters.

Will a 7 day fast enough time for my body to consume scar tissue, bacteria, viruses for energy? Or does it take more than 7 days for that to happen?

I have a lot of scar tissue from dogbites, chicken pox, injuries, im talking about raised scars here. Also it would be nice if it could get rid of the shallow scars on my face from acne as well as my dark marks and red marks.

MemberMember
(@duffq)

Posted : 08/23/2013 11:32 am

I dont think 7 days will help with your scars

Try doing it for 20 days at least

MemberMember
(@iconzz)

Posted : 08/23/2013 12:13 pm

sounds crazy..... how can ur skin heal without nutrients... ? n cell needs energy to work which is from food guys.... ? even a person who has stroke gets food thru ng tube or they giv iv glu,.... n brainn.. guys it can use only glucose nothing other than that.. after all your glucose is used up wit fat getting converting to glucose.. so no fat no glucose...ur brain wil stop workin... giddiness n ol.... n yea muscles wud atropy .... SO at last ITS GONNA B SKINNY WITH ACNE....... if u wanna do ... just do it intermittently.... giv a gap of few hours,... n eat healthy rather than quitting....

MemberMember
(@duffq)

Posted : 08/23/2013 2:11 pm

Iconzz please read little about water fasting

Water fast is a good way to clear up acne and it can heal scars during a longer fast

lenlenlen liked
MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 08/23/2013 8:09 pm

I broke the fast today with watermelons...... Sigh,,,

Anyways, i want to keep doing it until i do a 14 day water fast. I suspect ill do it after my father's birthday.

Ill keep doing 1 to 3 day water fasts until then to prepare my body..

lenlenlen liked
MemberMember
(@duffq)

Posted : 08/24/2013 5:08 am

If you dont want to feel the hunger days before your planning to fast eat only fruits and count down the eating for everyday

MemberMember
(@iconzz)

Posted : 08/24/2013 8:36 am

Water fast is a good way to clear up acne and it can heal scars during a longer f

Water fast is a good way to clear up acne and it can heal scars during a longer fas

Water fast is a good way to clear up acne and it can heal scars during a longer fast

complete fasting is not good at all..... u would die man o u gonna get som serious prob.... m not telling its bad but cont for 40 days n ol is just madness.. n no1 can do it....

MemberMember
(@duffq)

Posted : 08/25/2013 12:26 pm

Iconzz many People have fasted for 40 days