Notifications
Clear all

Squatting To Poop

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 05/02/2013 1:20 am

Has anyone tried this for acne? Since squatting helps your bowel movements be much cleaner, maybe it can help your acne?

MemberMember
(@elvin83)

Posted : 05/02/2013 4:05 am

Hahahahahahaha! What!?! biggrin.png

(@LewisS)

Posted : 05/02/2013 4:06 am

I doubt there's any correlation between how you excrete and acne. If you're in a public toilet though, I'd definitely recommend squatting. Nothing to do with acne, just general hygiene.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/02/2013 4:36 am

regular bowel movement and consequent healthy and clear gut is related to skin.

u need to treat anything like constipation etc to treat acne from inside.

the way or process u apply to treat that is not very important,provided it works.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 05/02/2013 7:08 am

Yes. Lengthy threads on this in the past. It might also prevent your future colon cancer.

MemberMember
(@sum1killme)

Posted : 05/02/2013 2:36 pm

What are the alternatives? Standing up, lmao.

MemberMember
(@nakedsmurf)

Posted : 05/02/2013 3:36 pm

One time I saw a co worker standing on top of the toilet defecating but he missed the toilet and the turd landed outside.

Fun work memories.

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 05/02/2013 4:02 pm

loll

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 05/02/2013 6:39 pm

That would be sitting on a Western toilet. We are actually supposed to squat. Everything is all aligned if you squat plus your thighs press on and stimulate nerves in your abdomen speeding the process. which is why in many, possibly most, parts of the world, they have squat toilets. Women should also be giving birth in a squatting position. If you are trying to toilet train a toddler, you'll be doing both of you a favor by using a low to the ground potty chair that they are basically squatting over as is natural for them, vs the adapter for the toilet that makes them sit with their legs dangling.

In one of the old threads there's a link to a guy's site filled with pictures of toilets around the world from his travels. With fairly amusing commentary. Including lots of squatters, some interesting combination toilets in places such as Russian trains that carry both Asian and European passengers, and signs explaining to Asians (or whatever culture they have that would be accustomed to squat toilets) not to squat on the sit down toilet seat.

And here, in the U.S. there's a pretty big variety of squat stands that you put around your western toilet available for sale. And plans for DIY.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/230337-squat-toilets/#entry2570894

MemberMember
(@sum1killme)

Posted : 05/02/2013 7:50 pm

That would be sitting on a Western toilet. We are actually supposed to squat. Everything is all aligned if you squat plus your thighs press on

and stimulate nerves in your abdomen speeding

the process. which is why in many, possibly

most, parts of the world, they have squat toilets.

Women should also be giving birth in a squatting

position. If you are trying to toilet train a toddler,

you'll be doing both of you a favor by using a

low to the ground potty chair that they are

basically squatting over as is natural for them, vs

the adapter for the toilet that makes them sit

with their legs dangling.

In one of the old threads there's a link to a guy's site filled with pictures of toilets around the world

from his travels. With fairly amusing

commentary. Including lots of squatters, some

interesting combination toilets in places such as

Russian trains that carry both Asian and

European passengers, and signs explaining to

Asians (or whatever culture they have that would

be accustomed to squat toilets) not to squat on

the sit down toilet seat.

And here, in the U.S. there's a pretty big variety of squat stands that you put around your western toilet available for sale. And plans for

DIY.

http://www.acne.org/

/topic/230337-squat-

toilets/#entry2570894

That's interesting, guess you learn somthing new everyday.

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 05/03/2013 1:46 am

That would be sitting on a Western toilet. We are actually supposed to squat. Everything is all aligned if you squat plus your thighs press on and stimulate nerves in your abdomen speeding the process. which is why in many, possibly most, parts of the world, they have squat toilets. Women should also be giving birth in a squatting position. If you are trying to toilet train a toddler, you'll be doing both of you a favor by using a low to the ground potty chair that they are basically squatting over as is natural for them, vs the adapter for the toilet that makes them sit with their legs dangling.

In one of the old threads there's a link to a guy's site filled with pictures of toilets around the world from his travels. With fairly amusing commentary. Including lots of squatters, some interesting combination toilets in places such as Russian trains that carry both Asian and European passengers, and signs explaining to Asians (or whatever culture they have that would be accustomed to squat toilets) not to squat on the sit down toilet seat.

And here, in the U.S. there's a pretty big variety of squat stands that you put around your western toilet available for sale. And plans for DIY.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/230337-squat-toilets/#entry2570894

alterna

Yes. Lengthy threads on this in the past. It might also prevent your future colon cancer.

alternatavista, I really value your advice... do you believe that squatting to eliminate can cure acne?

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/03/2013 7:12 am

traditional indian toilets (which are still used in most houses along with western toilets) are squat toilets.

i know people(including members from my family) who have problem in bowel movement when using a western style toilet.like when travelling or at some other place like hotels.

basically it puts pressure on ur stomach and that helps.

also,that position(or any position : yoga poses for constipation) makes u sort of relax the rectum so the passage is some what open.

infact,people with constipations(those using western toilets) are advised to use stools to somewhat achieve the squatting position.

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 05/03/2013 1:45 pm

traditional indian toilets (which are still used in most houses along with western toilets) are squat toilets.

i know people(including members from my family) who have problem in bowel movement when using a western style toilet.like when travelling or at some other place like hotels.

also,that position(or any position : yoga poses for constipation) makes u sort of relax the rectum so the passage is some what open.

infact,people with constipations(those using western toilets) are advised to use stools to somewhat achieve the squatting position.

Maybe this is why western countries have more acne then foreign countries?

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/04/2013 1:46 am

thats is not the exact logic i suppose.

many things are involved like diet,work culture,lifestyle,climate etc

see,the bottom line is u need to have regular bowel movement.

say at least one(to three) bm a day.if that is done without any problem then other things like what toilet u use or what med u take doesnt matter much.

do u feel bloated?

flatulence?

do u feel uncomfortable after meals?or miss bm for days?

do u have constipation?

if the answers are negative,then u needn't stress about any toilet or position.

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 05/05/2013 11:37 pm

thats is not the exact logic i suppose.

many things are involved like diet,work culture,lifestyle,climate etc

see,the bottom line is u need to have regular bowel movement.

say at least one(to three) bm a day.if that is done without any problem then other things like what toilet u use or what med u take doesnt matter much.

do u feel bloated?

flatulence?

do u feel uncomfortable after meals?or miss bm for days?

do u have constipation?

if the answers are negative,then u needn't stress about any toilet or position.

Do i feel bloated? No, but AT TIMES I do. Same with feeling uncomfortable after meals and constipation etc. If i eat a paleo diet I do not feel any of this.

But I will still squat to take a poop.