Notifications
Clear all

Feeling Really Low

MemberMember
(@sustakp)

Posted : 05/02/2013 9:51 am

Hi everyone,

I am eating well more than 90% times. This weekend my parents visited me from India and had got some Indian delicacies. Within couple of days of eating some I have developed 2 big pimples. I was clearing up well. Over the weekend it looked really good. I know this is because of me being bad over the weekend in all probability, but it just hurts me alot that I was so close to being clear and then bam..

Do I have to have this rigorous regimen all my life?

Thanks

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 05/02/2013 10:11 am

maybe you do. Who knows. I fall in a similar boat... if I eat a piece of chocolate, or sometimes even some grains, break outs insue

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 05/02/2013 12:48 pm

I had 2 small pieces of candy the other day, and within a few hours I developed a huge swollen cyst on my face. Any time you are on a strict regimen and you have a "cheat" day, your body will need time to adjust. If you want to have the occasional treats, then I think you should reintroduce them gradually and in small amounts at first so your skin doesn't freak out.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/02/2013 12:50 pm

hey!

glad to know that ur parents visited u there.must have been aftera long time!hope u enjoyed.=)

i understand.

i do think the same.

at least u had full cheat meals..i avoid tasty food.period!

i mean last day i had one samosa and i kept thinking i would react.

nothing much happened though.

i'll have to have full cheat meals and check some time.

but ,mate i feel equally horrible today.

i am not sure what it is...but i have 2 bad zits(two possible reasons..one would be its something to do with me using an anti-fungal shampoo for fungal growth or two,i cooked a 3 course meal yesterday for my mum & dad when they were out..its summer here and really hot in the kitchen ,where i spent hours!)

am really depressed because i am suppose to go somewhere and i've been waiting & working to look good for mnths.

its just sick.

coming back to u.

i somehow feel its the sugar spikes that has caused u the new ones.

for oily/spicy food wont give a bad thing this fast provided u maintain a good life otherwise.which u do!

u need to keep ur sugar level proper.or do u think u've had anything that u might be intolerant to?

did it happen after two-three days of ur cheat meals?

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/02/2013 1:11 pm

I had 2 small pieces of candy the other day, and within a few hours I developed a huge swollen cyst on my face. Any time you are on a strict regimen and you have a "cheat" day, your body will need time to adjust. If you want to have the occasional treats, then I think you should reintroduce them gradually and in small amounts at first so your skin doesn't freak out.

hey!

do u mean that anytime we cheat we r gonna break out?

thats too bad.

that probably means we will never be able to relax or enjoy or do anything we like.ever!

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 05/02/2013 2:08 pm

hey!

do u mean that anytime we cheat we r gonna break out?

thats too bad.

that probably means we will never be able to relax or enjoy or do anything we like.ever!

Not necessarily, as long as you reintroduce those foods slowly and in small quantities. If you go from having a healthy, low sugar, low fat, low carb diet to abruptly eating too many sweets and fried food your body might not be able to cope with processing all those saturated fats and carbs. It's similar to -- but to a lesser extent -- when a caffeine addict or a nicotine addict abruptly decides to quit caffeine or nicotine, their body goes through an initial shock until it eventually gets used to the transition.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/02/2013 2:22 pm

u mean their wiithdrawal syndrome.

okay,so if we indulge in bits or have a few cheats a month,its okay?

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 05/02/2013 3:18 pm

you said that you should reintroduce gradually so skin doesn't freak out.

I am pretty sure 2 small pieces of candy is gradual, no?

MemberMember
(@sustakp)

Posted : 05/02/2013 5:46 pm

Thanks everyone for their responses...I dont think I had anything I am intolerant to but I had couple of Indian sweets and banana chips...I will watch my diet very closely for atleast next few months before I cheat again.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 05/02/2013 6:10 pm

you said that you should reintroduce gradually so skin doesn't freak out.

I am pretty sure 2 small pieces of candy is gradual, no?

u mean their wiithdrawal syndrome.

okay,so if we indulge in bits or have a few cheats a month,its okay?

Yes, I think it can be similar to withdrawal symptoms, but not as severe as in serious addictions like drugs or alcohol. I think everything in moderation is fine, but if you know that your main acne trigger is sugar then it's best to avoid it at all times if you can. I discovered through elimination diets that milk and sugar are worsening my flare ups, so now I try to avoid them. Because I avoid them most of the time, when I do have them my body can't seem to handle it. Perhaps it only happens with specific sweets in my case - for instance, the candy I had recently was too sweet, and it made my sensitive teeth ache. That's how I knew it was too much for me, and now I have a cyst as a reminder. If I have low sugar cereal or a luna bar, I'm fine, so I use those to get my sweet fix or something like rice with stevia & coconut milk (like sweet rice but low GI)

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 05/02/2013 6:22 pm

Hi everyone,

I am eating well more than 90% times. This weekend my parents visited me from India and had got some Indian delicacies. Within couple of days of eating some I have developed 2 big pimples. I was clearing up well. Over the weekend it looked really good. I know this is because of me being bad over the weekend in all probability, but it just hurts me alot that I was so close to being clear and then bam..

Do I have to have this rigorous regimen all my life?

Thanks

What did you eat? To break out that fast, it could have been something you were intolerant to.

MemberMember
(@sustakp)

Posted : 05/03/2013 1:47 pm

I think some of the sweets may have some form of dairy in them..I am just thankful that they are going away fast now..

Also I was eating something which has sugar/jaggery in it almost after a month, also I drank coffee after almost 5 months..

My Mom claims that my acne may be due to excessive acidity in stomach so may be reacting to coffee, tomatoes etc. My Mom is making sure my diet is as alkaline as possible. I somehow feel glad she is here to help me out.

I am going to get the ph test strips to check the ph of my body soon.

Thanks everyone for your replies.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/04/2013 1:52 am

ph test strips??

could u explain?

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 05/04/2013 12:53 pm

Your body won't freak out from adding things to your diet. I'm living proof of that. Your body WILL freak out if you ingest something you're allergic to, though. And that is not something you'll adjust to, in fact it may worsen in time. If you develop a huge swollen reaction within a short time of eating something, that is an allergy. That doesn't happen when you eat something randomly unhealthy. Randomly unhealthy foods could contribute to acne over time, but if you see an immediate reaction to something, you will probably want to consistently avoid that thing.