Notifications
Clear all

What To Do After The Paleo Diet And Anti Candida Failed You - Here

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 03/25/2013 10:51 pm

paleoistheanswer, have you tried consuming goat yogurt or goat butter yet?

What about regular ghee?

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 03/26/2013 3:42 pm

I think some foods are okay for some people, others or not. My theory is to always listen to your stomach - if it makes weird noises/feels weird/bloats after you eat something best to cut it out for a bit. If it doesn't and it doesn't make you break out then it should be okay to eat that food! The fodmaps diet is restrictive but not forever. And if you are having constant stomach problems like I am it is worth it to know what is going to make your stomach hurt and face break out vs. not knowing.

Well, junk food doesnt make stomach feel weird or bloat... but "healthy food" like healthy fats do. What to do?

And bad fats don't?

Have you tried these things?:

>

>Nutrients that aid fat metabolism:

-Vitamin A -

-B Vitamins, Niacin (B3), B2 (cofactor with vitamin A), B6, B5 (pantothenic acid>pantethine>Co-Enzyme A(CoA)).

-Zinc

-Green tea

-Apple cider vinegar/acetic acid

-Mono-unsaturated fats - olive oil, avocados, etc.

-Lipase digestive enzymes.

-Vitamin D and calcium - search and lots of studies come up, but I haven't had the time to really read and pick something good to link to.

-Bile - http://www.acne.org/...54#entry2655754 . -Taurine is a major component of bile. The body makes this from the other sulfur amino acids cysteine and methionine and other sulfur compounds (so eat your greens, cabbage, onions), but some people may not be making enough and supplementation may help.

Regular, daily low to moderate level physical activity. - stimulates fat metabolizing and burning enzymes. Mimic the kind of activity we were meant to perform as much as possible: Many hours of walking around foraging for food, traveling or doing chores with short bursts of intense physical activity for capturing prey or escaping predators. Walk, cycle, dance, work combined with stairs and/or hills, weights, etc. See the Exercise section for the lists of benefits from these two types of physical activity.

ockquote>lockquote>I am taking zinc atm (zinc chelate 35 mg), 5000 iu for vitamin d3, never tried the b vitamins, green tea, or enzymes. Tried everything else.

Junk food does hurt my stomach if I eat it in excess, but not in moderation. If i eat cookies or home-made grains, I feel great, which is weird and ironic since grains are the devil.

What is your opinion on playing tennis as a physical activity? Or is that the improper type of activity?

Its good in that it involves lots f short bursts of intense activity. I dont know about any negatives like injury. I can't play any game where you hit a ball with a stick. Except perhaps badminton.

What about basketball? I just want to avoid a sport that would increase acne.

Sure. I wouldn't play it for hours though. About thirty minutes is probably ideal, depending on how intense you play. Most of the gurus designing fitness programs around HIIT create 20 minute programs, but then, they are trying to make it convenient. All the benefits, less time.

MemberMember
(@paleoistheanswer)

Posted : 03/26/2013 7:55 pm

paleoistheanswer, have you tried consuming goat yogurt or goat butter yet?

What about regular ghee?

only kefir and ghee right now, I'm already getting less strict

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 03/26/2013 9:56 pm

which type of kefir?

Also, regarding ghee, do you eat purityfarms ghee?

Last but not least, how many hours of sleep do you get a day, and from what time to what time?

thanks

MemberMember
(@lostinthefog87)

Posted : 03/27/2013 2:29 am

Diet does not effect everybody the same way. For some it's dairy, for others it's fat, others insulin spikes, etc. I haven't found what works for me...but then again I'm not consistent nor patient.

I can't seem to find out what the hell is going on with my acne since I am constantly trying new things and keep breaking out. I tried Kefir, but broke out, then again I was using a new topical, so which one was it? Man I need to simplify things in my life.

Props to those of you who can stick with these kind of diets. You people are amazing. Paleo, low carb, anti-candida, etc. How the heck do you do it. I try to eat well, I really do. I'll go 5 days eating legumes, chicken, and whole grains and then eat McDonalds for two days and I wonder why I still break out so bad. I still say two steps forward one step back is an improvement.

*crosses fingers*

MemberMember
(@paleoistheanswer)

Posted : 03/28/2013 3:06 pm

Diet does not effect everybody the same way. For some it's dairy, for others it's fat, others insulin spikes, etc. I haven't found what works for me...but then again I'm not consistent nor patient.

I can't seem to find out what the hell is going on with my acne since I am constantly trying new things and keep breaking out. I tried Kefir, but broke out, then again I was using a new topical, so which one was it? Man I need to simplify things in my life.

Props to those of you who can stick with these kind of diets. You people are amazing. Paleo, low carb, anti-candida, etc. How the heck do you do it. I try to eat well, I really do. I'll go 5 days eating legumes, chicken, and whole grains and then eat McDonalds for two days and I wonder why I still break out so bad. I still say two steps forward one step back is an improvement.

*crosses fingers*

The key to doing it, literally, is to just do it. I ate 300g of carbs a day before I started this a year ago. I think you can do it too

MemberMember
(@paleoistheanswer)

Posted : 03/30/2013 10:08 pm

buuuuuuuuuump