Notifications
Clear all

My Daily Meals

MemberMember
(@cm-punk)

Posted : 01/16/2013 10:16 pm

Can you guys please tell me if my daily meals are bad or not? Please give me advice on what to stop eating so i dont' get acne. I am on the 6th week of the regimen.

Breakfast : eggwhites and ham

School lunch : sandwich consisting of ham, lettuce, tomatoes, wheat bread.

after school lunch : 2 sandwiches consisting of soft roll, avocado, roast turkey, and either roasted chicken/steak, also with onions

saturday and sunday

burritos consisting of salsa, beans, steak, tortilla

rice, sweet snacks, waffles

drink about 1.8 liters of water per day. get about 7-9 hours of sleep per day.

like once a week, i would eat a subway sandwich consisting of ham and turkey, onions, lettuce, tomatoes, avocado

once every 2 weeks i eat chex mix. i completely eliminated dairy products from my diet, but about 3-4 times a week, i would get a cold buster (oranges, peaches, and bananas) at jamba juice.

Also, when I use my cleansar, i take about 40 seconds to rub the stuff on my face instad of the recommended 10 seconds..

I NEVER touch my face unless I use the regimen.

as of right now, i only have like 4 pimples on my face, the rest are just scars/marks

2 more questions : after eating a bad meal, how long does it take for the acne to form?

do mustaches and hair cause acne? (serious question)

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 01/17/2013 4:49 am

Can you guys please tell me if my daily meals are bad or not? Please give me advice on what to stop eating so i dont' get acne. I am on the 6th week of the regimen.

after school lunch : 2 sandwiches consisting of soft roll, avocado, roast turkey, and either roasted chicken/steak, also with onions

saturday and sunday

like once a week, i would eat a subway sandwich consisting of ham and turkey, onions, lettuce, tomatoes, avocado

once every 2 weeks i eat chex mix. i completely eliminated dairy products from my diet, but about 3-4 times a week, i would get a cold buster (oranges, peaches, and bananas) at jamba juice.

Also, when I use my cleansar, i take about 40 seconds to rub the stuff on my face instad of the recommended 10 seconds..

as of right now, i only have like 4 pimples on my face, the rest are just scars/marks

2 more questions : after eating a bad meal, how long does it take for the acne to form?

Why only egg whites? You are cutting out the most nutritious part of the egg. Eggs are one of the most nutritional dense foods there is. Eggs are good for you. They don't cause heart disease or high cholesterol in fact its quite the opposite.

Bread. Loaded with gluten. Not good for acne or general health.

Sweet snacks. Probably way too high sugar. Same people react some people don't but for general health you should reduce this or even cut them out.

Im not seeing many vegetables here. Increase this, eat them every day.

Protein seems okay, keep it lean protein

Everyone reacts differently to different foods but this tips can get you started. After that it is trial and error.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 01/17/2013 9:19 am

saturday and sunday

Why only egg whites? You are cutting out the most nutritious part of the egg. Eggs are one of the most nutritional dense foods there is. Eggs are good for you. They don't cause heart disease or high cholesterol in fact its quite the opposite.

Bread. Loaded with gluten. Not good for acne or general health.

Sweet snacks. Probably way too high sugar. Same people react some people don't but for general health you should reduce this or even cut them out.

Im not seeing many vegetables here. Increase this, eat them every day.

Protein seems okay, keep it lean protein

Everyone reacts differently to different foods but this tips can get you started. After that it is trial and error.

Ditto all the above. Whole eggs, less or no bread/gluten, more veggies, etc. and ham wouldn't be my first vchoice for protein. It's a highly processed meat that's often filed with a lot of additives. It depends on the quality of ham, but if its not really expensive, it's probably not good.

MemberMember
(@cm-punk)

Posted : 01/17/2013 10:02 pm

what should i eat instead of bread? and what is gluten?

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 01/18/2013 5:20 am

what should i eat instead of bread? and what is gluten?

Eat more veg, proteins, essential fats.

As for a replacement for bread? Well there isn't any.... maybe gluten free bread if you can't go without bread, you're relying too much on sandwiches in your diet. There a many better sources of carbs out there, sweet potatoes, gluten free oats, quinoa, white and brown rice, gluten free pasta and veg.

Gluten is a protein and a bad one at that. It is lectin which can cause all sorts of hell in the body. See below link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gluten

Gluten really should be avoided for general health, let acne or any other condition.

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 01/18/2013 7:36 am

For breakfast I would suggest oatmeal or other whole grains. Why no whole fruits? Two apples a day minimum. Plus other anti-acne fruits like melons, papaya, pineapple etc. Cut down on cheese and meat at least not everyday. Drink vegetable juice, plain greek yogurt/kefir if tolerated and exercise/yoga.

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 01/18/2013 8:21 am

For breakfast I would suggest oatmeal or other whole grains. Why no whole fruits? Two apples a day minimum. Plus other anti-acne fruits like melons, papaya, pineapple etc. Cut down on cheese and meat at least not everyday. Drink vegetable juice, plain greek yogurt/kefir if tolerated and exercise/yoga.

Why oatmeal for breakfast?

I would argue it is much more important to stabilize blood sugar in the morning and carbs for breakfast isn't the way to do that.

Protein and fats for breakfast. Leave carbs for later in the day.

Anti acne fruits???? Well the ones you have listed especially pineapple is very high in sugar, Now whatever you look at this sugar is sugar that seriously messes with insulin sensitivity which in turn knocks all other hormones out of balance which ultimately isn't good for acne.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 01/18/2013 10:11 am

Why oatmeal for breakfast?

I would argue it is much more important to stabilize blood sugar in the morning and carbs for breakfast isn't the way to do that.

Protein and fats for breakfast. Leave carbs for later in the day.

Anti acne fruits???? Well the ones you have listed especially pineapple is very high in sugar, Now whatever you look at this sugar is sugar that seriously messes with insulin sensitivity which in turn knocks all other hormones out of balance which ultimately isn't good for acne.

Yeah, the eggs are good for breakfast. But eat the whole egg.

And OP, try not having all your meals between slices of bread.

MemberMember
(@user174136)

Posted : 01/18/2013 11:07 am

Try putting some cinnamon in your porridge for breakfast. Helps curb the sudden rise of blood sugar from breakfast.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 01/18/2013 11:47 am

We can't tell you how long. If it's something that you are intolerant to it could be an hour to a day. But normally, acne takes weeks to form. Or so they tell us.

And shaving causes a condition that looks like acne. I can't think of what it's called offhand. Folliculitus? Switching to an electric razor usually helps.

MemberMember
(@cm-punk)

Posted : 01/18/2013 11:32 pm

1. Does oatmeal cause acne?

2. What should i eat instead of bread?

3. Do restaurant burritos cause acne? (salsa, beans, steak, guacamole)

btw, i never eat dairy products or pick my skin.

can't eat apples because i have braces. I am only 16, so i am not really concerned about general health, just clearing my acne.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 01/19/2013 9:41 am

can't eat apples because i have braces. I am only 16, so i am not really concerned about general health, just clearing my acne.

Well they are related. Besides you should get concerned. Kids younger than you are developing diseases like diabetes and non alcoholic fatty liver disease. Things that shouldn't occur until old age if at all.

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 01/21/2013 4:36 am

1. Does oatmeal cause acne?

2. What should i eat instead of bread?

3. Do restaurant burritos cause acne? (salsa, beans, steak, guacamole)

btw, i never eat dairy products or pick my skin.

You need to get yourself educated about nutrition my friend.

Its fine coming here asking for tips but the people here can only you give you snippets of advice based on your questions.

Also the people here do not have all the answers, nutrition is a forever learning process.

Some useful tips would be to cut right down on the junk food, sandwiches, chocolate, sweets, burritos, sugars and start eating more lean protein, veg, better types of carbs like sweet potatoes, rice, brown rice, gluten free pasta, quinoa. Get good fats in your diet from nuts, olive oil, coconut oil, oily fish like salmon, udos oil.

Super foods like eggs, blueberries, avocados.

Just make better choices in your food selections but you do seriously need to educate yourself about food.