Notifications
Clear all

Snack Options Are Very Limited, Help?

MemberMember
(@fairlybored)

Posted : 01/15/2013 6:09 pm

Hi i am in need of some snacks which can satisfy me. currently, the only snacks i munch on are fruits. i can't eat any nuts, seeds, dairy products or any type of flour as all these breaks me out.i feel my snack options are very limited and i do not want to consume large amounts of fruits due to the sugar content.

whenever i am sick of fruits, i try and find whatever there is in the cupboard which are usually biscuits and i eat a couple of them. later i would feel guilty and thats something i do not want. i never snack on chocolate, chips or any really bad junk foods.

i tried baking with coconut flour but apparently i get diarrhea from consuming it so i think baking is out of the question. :(

any suggestions please?

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 01/15/2013 6:52 pm

Are you allergic to all those things for sure? If so, how about trying seaweed? You can eat roasted seaweed and pretend it's chips. They sell it at health food stores and asian markets, but check the sodium content and other ingredients to make sure it's safe.

Also, if you have sweet cravings, roiboos or ginger tea with a bit of stevia helps.

MemberMember
(@facevalues)

Posted : 01/15/2013 6:53 pm

I realize you've said no seeds. Do you feel they are hard on your digestion because they are so dense? Perhaps if they were pureed they'd be easier for your body to manage?

I only ask because Tahini is one of my favorite snacks.

Tahini+Anything (fruit, cabbage, carrots)

Also cauliflower roasted in the oven by itself or with other veggies is really good.

Nori seaweed wraps are great too. You can wrap up anything in them and they're nice and salty. I put avocado, lettuce, and thinly sliced carrot and cucumber in mine. Sometimes sauteed mushrooms. Also egg or shrimp.

Hope this helps!

MemberMember
(@bmariewantsnoacne)

Posted : 01/15/2013 7:21 pm

Can you do something like popcorn? If you get the kind with no butter it isn't too bad of a snack.

MemberMember
(@fairlybored)

Posted : 01/15/2013 7:35 pm

Are you allergic to all those things for sure? If so, how about trying seaweed? You can eat roasted seaweed and pretend it's chips. They sell it at health food stores and asian markets, but check the sodium content and other ingredients to make sure it's safe.

Also, if you have sweet cravings, roiboos or ginger tea with a bit of stevia helps.

I realize you've said no seeds. Do you feel they are hard on your digestion because they are so dense? Perhaps if they were pureed they'd be easier for your body to manage?

Also cauliflower roasted in the oven by itself or with other veggies is really good.

Nori seaweed wraps are great too. You can wrap up anything in them and they're nice and salty. I put avocado, lettuce, and thinly sliced carrot and cucumber in mine. Sometimes sauteed mushrooms. Also egg or shrimp.

Hope this helps!

Can you do something like popcorn? If you get the kind with no butter it isn't too bad of a snack.

Tried popcorn before, it breaks me out. I'll try the roasted seaweed and I've only tried eating seeds as a whole, not pureed, I'll try that maybe it won't break me out. Thanks a lot for the suggestions! :)

MemberMember
(@exister)

Posted : 01/15/2013 7:37 pm

Hi i am in need of some snacks which can satisfy me. currently, the only snacks i munch on are fruits. i can't eat any nuts, seeds, dairy products or any type of flour as all these breaks me out.

Imagine how great it would feel to know that - no they don't. It's in your head. The hard part is fully convincing yourself of that. I'm getting there, myself.

MemberMember
(@fairlybored)

Posted : 01/15/2013 8:29 pm

Hi i am in need of some snacks which can satisfy me. currently, the only snacks i munch on are fruits. i can't eat any nuts, seeds, dairy products or any type of flour as all these breaks me out.

Imagine how great it would feel to know that - no they don't. It's in your head. The hard part is fully convincing yourself of that. I'm getting there, myself.

so its a coincidence that i eat 3 slices of bread or eat a handful of nuts and the next day several pimples form on my face?

MemberMember
(@exister)

Posted : 01/15/2013 10:45 pm

so its a coincidence that i eat 3 slices of bread or eat a handful of nuts and the next day several pimples form on my face?

If you believe they'll form they will. That's my belief anyway. I ate anything I wanted when I went home for christmas break. I did my best not to think about it and didn't get any pimples. Now I'm home and starting to think about my skin again since I'm at college, and when I feel nervous about eating snacks or bread, I break out.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/16/2013 12:09 am

delete

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 01/16/2013 8:09 am

Plain Greek yogurt/kefir should be fine. Also vegetable juice. You can also make plaintain/sweet potato chips and teff pancakes. Both anti acne. One suggestion will be to bulk up with fibre rich foods like oatmeal, avocado,brown rice with good fats like olive oil, butter so that you won't feel hungry.

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 01/16/2013 9:06 am

Hi i am in need of some snacks which can satisfy me. currently, the only snacks i munch on are fruits. i can't eat any nuts, seeds, dairy products or any type of flour as all these breaks me out.i feel my snack options are very limited and i do not want to consume large amounts of fruits due to the sugar content.

whenever i am sick of fruits, i try and find whatever there is in the cupboard which are usually biscuits and i eat a couple of them. later i would feel guilty and thats something i do not want. i never snack on chocolate, chips or any really bad junk foods.

i tried baking with coconut flour but apparently i get diarrhea from consuming it so i think baking is out of the question. sad.png

any suggestions please?

May want to consider a high quality whey protein isolate shake.

If you have no reactions from milk (this is what whey is processed from) then you'll be okay.

Greek yogurt and flaxseed is good

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 01/16/2013 9:53 am

Hope this helps!

Or sprouted seeds. And you can eat food for snacks. Like a bit of leftovers from other meals.

And corgi, do you have fresh ground tahini? Because I bought a jar and it tastes terrible. I think it goes rancid easily. idid a search and found a lot a lot of people saying that fresh ground lest taste like that. But I can't find a source. Not for plain anyway. There's a Greek supermarket but they only sell it made into a garlicky dip.

If you want something you can mindlessly shovel into your mouth, I have an idea that's nothing but good for most people. I recently discovered mustard greens and how good they are raw. Their are spicy in the way wasabi or Chinese mustard is. You feel it all through your sinuses. I decided they make a great sandwich wrap, especially for an 'Asian' wrap. I opened up a can of salmon for my sandwich. Sprinkled on a little rice wine vinegar.

Someone I know mentioned an addiction to tearing off pieces of the leaf and eating like potato chips. She'd buy a bunch at the farmers market and it would be gone before she got home because she couldn't stop.

MemberMember
(@facevalues)

Posted : 01/16/2013 12:34 pm

Hope this helps!

Or sported seeds. And you can eat food for snacks. Like a bit of leftovers from other meals.

And corgi, do you have fresh ground tahini? Because I bought a jar and it tastes terrible. I think it goes rancid easily. idid a search and found a lot a lot of people saying that fresh ground lest taste like that. But I can't find a source. Not for plain anyway. There's a Greek supermarket but they only sell it made into a garlicky dip.

If you want something you can mindlessly shovel into your mouth, I have an idea that's nothing but good for most people. I recently discovered mustard greens and how good they are raw. Their are spicy in the way wasabi or Chinese mustard is. You feel it all through your sinuses. I decided they make a great sandwich wrap, especially for an 'Asian' wrap. I opened up a can of salmon for my sandwich. Sprinkled on a little rice wine vinegar.

Someone I know mentioned an addiction to tearing off pieces of the leaf and eating like potato chips. She'd buy a bunch at the farmers market and it would be gone before she got home because she couldn't stop.

Man, that's hardcore. I can only eat cooked mustard, it's so bitter to me. Maybe as a wrap, like you said.

My partner and I both bought jars of tahini on the same day. Although mine was conventional and his was organic, mine had a much better "runny" consistency which was easy to drizzle on things, whereas his was thick and would barely budge. His looked more like a nut butter whereas mine was closer to a beige.

The best company for tahini, though, is Once Again's. It's organic and the texture is great. It was on sale for 8.99 here, which is pricey but lasts me about a week.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 01/17/2013 9:30 am

Hope this helps!

Or sported seeds. And you can eat food for snacks. Like a bit of leftovers from other meals.

Man, that's hardcore. I can only eat cooked mustard, it's so bitter to me. Maybe as a wrap, like you said.

My partner and I both bought jars of tahini on the same day. Although mine was conventional and his was organic, mine had a much better "runny" consistency which was easy to drizzle on things, whereas his was thick and would barely budge. His looked more like a nut butter whereas mine was closer to a beige.

The best company for tahini, though, is Once Again's. It's organic and the texture is great. It was on sale for 8.99 here, which is pricey but lasts me about a week.

How do you taste bitter over the spicy taste. Which is completely lost when you cook it.

Is this popcorn that broke you out something you made yourself or microwave or movie crap? Are the nuts raw and fresh and/or properly stored? Consider if its the rancid and trans fats.

Is this popcorn that broke you out something you made yourself or microwave or movie crap? Are the nuts raw and fresh and/or properly stored? Consider if its the rancid and trans fats.

MemberMember
(@fairlybored)

Posted : 01/17/2013 5:42 pm

the popcorn was microwaved and yeah the nuts were raw. thanks everyone for the suggestions, i'll try some of these. :)

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 01/17/2013 7:16 pm

the popcorn was microwaved and yeah the nuts were raw. thanks everyone for the suggestions, i'll try some of these. :)

You mean the commercial crp with the fake butter? Then consider the trans/ rancid fats.

Try buying organic corn, putting a tablespoon to a quarter cup in a paper lunch sack and nuke that.