Notifications
Clear all

Vitamin B5 Hairloss- Cured (Pictures)

MemberMember
(@clarityx)

Posted : 02/28/2013 11:05 am

Ive been experiencing hairloss on my face. I usually sport the scruffy look but I have patches of hair misses on my face after taking b5 for a couple months. I've stoped for about a month now with nothing getting better. I havn't noticed my scalp thinning but I have pretty shaggy hair so its possible that i lost some up their as well. Any updates on the progression of everyone posting on here?

MemberMember
(@phillyeagles91)

Posted : 03/03/2013 10:09 pm

any updates? especially pjjordan because my case was very similar to yours.

MemberMember
(@sikosetogam10)

Posted : 03/04/2013 11:38 am

Hi everybody, i have been experiencing hair loss since 2005 due to b5. I had insanely thick hair before so the process has been very long but as of late

my scalp has began to show. The shedding didn't bother too much at first because i realized it wasn't going to show instantly even though i could feel my hair getting thinner. Note that my hair is getting thinner everywhere, sides/back of the head, eyebrows and body hair as well.
I was tired of doctors laughing at me when i said b5 caused chronic telogen effluvium so i began to research it and i found a study made in japan where rats were fed high doses of b5 and all of them experienced hair damage. I am currently in mail contact with this doctors trying to figure out whats wrong.

I have ordered l-cysteine as well, will give it a try.

Looking forward to everyone's updates

MemberMember
(@nakedsmurf)

Posted : 03/04/2013 1:04 pm

Hi everybody, i have been experiencing hair loss since 2005 due to b5. I had insanely thick hair before so the process has been very long but as of late

my scalp has began to show. The shedding didn't bother too much at first because i realized it wasn't going to show instantly even though i could feel my hair getting thinner. Note that my hair is getting thinner everywhere, sides/back of the head, eyebrows and body hair as well.

I was tired of doctors laughing at me when i said b5 caused chronic telogen effluvium so i began to research it and i found a study made in japan where rats were fed high doses of b5 and all of them experienced hair damage. I am currently in mail contact with this doctors trying to figure out whats wrong.

I have ordered l-cysteine as well, will give it a try.

Looking forward to everyone's updates

How long were you taking b5 and how many grams

Did it help with your acne ...also how old are you ?

I too been taking 9 grams of b5 daily for about 10 weeks now.

MemberMember
(@sikosetogam10)

Posted : 03/04/2013 2:43 pm

Took b5 for about 6 months, started with 10g and took about 5g towards the end. It did help with my acne. Im 26 now, started with b5 when i was 18.

MemberMember
(@phillyeagles91)

Posted : 03/06/2013 6:33 pm

Just curious, has anyone here ever gotten blood work done? Things like cortisol, testosterone, DHT, Thyroid, etc?

MemberMember
(@pjjordan)

Posted : 03/12/2013 9:49 am

Hi,

I started NAC and L-methionine last week. My current supplements each day are:

2 Grams of B5

1.5 of L-cysteine

1.5 grams of L-methionine

1.5 Grams of Nac

Vitamin B complex

I am still experiencing hair shedding. I am not 100% sure if it has slowed down at all because some days I do shed a lot. I will keep you updated though,

B5 definitely has improved my acne significantly. 2 grams keeps be 90% clear and my oil levels on my face low. I don't want to increase the dosage due to my hair shedding.

I did stopped B5 for 2 years and the hair shedding did not stop so I just started back up again with the other supplements.

MemberMember
(@phillyeagles91)

Posted : 03/12/2013 2:09 pm

Hi,

I started NAC and L-methionine last week. My current supplements each day are:

2 Grams of B5

1.5 of L-cysteine

1.5 grams of L-methionine

1.5 Grams of Nac

Vitamin B complex

I am still experiencing hair shedding. I am not 100% sure if it has slowed down at all because some days I do shed a lot. I will keep you updated though,

B5 definitely has improved my acne significantly. 2 grams keeps be 90% clear and my oil levels on my face low. I don't want to increase the dosage due to my hair shedding.

I did stopped B5 for 2 years and the hair shedding did not stop so I just started back up again with the other supplements.

You should try pantothen. Apparently one of the theories is that once you go high on B5 and drop it immediately, you force shedding that clearly isn't TE and doesn't stop. One guy stopped it from trying pantothen along with NAC...I'm way too scared to touch any more vitamins but if it ends up stopping your shed, then I'll definitely check it out. My shedding is very similar to yours, I tried B5 6-8 grams for like 2-3 weeks and stopped due to hair thinning and the shedding has continued for like 6 months already. Have you ever been to the doctor and got your hormones tested?

MemberMember
(@blue09)

Posted : 03/14/2013 1:19 pm

Ok guys my hairloss slowed for a couple of weeks but it's now started again so back to normal these supps help but it's minimal atm I'm very interested in the pantothen aswell but I'm too scared to touch b5 when you guys pull your hair in certain places does hair come out I seem to lose about 3 or 4 hairs when doing this and they all have a tiny bulb on the end

MemberMember
(@pjjordan)

Posted : 03/14/2013 3:21 pm

Ok guys my hairloss slowed for a couple of weeks but it's now started again so back to normal these supps help but it's minimal atm I'm very interested in the pantothen aswell but I'm too scared to touch b5 when you guys pull your hair in certain places does hair come out I seem to lose about 3 or 4 hairs when doing this and they all have a tiny bulb on the end

Yes I am experiencing the same. Anywhere between 1-5 hair come out if I do pull my hair. White bulbs are on the ends of them too. I am losing more hair on the crown of my head than the sides, but the hairloss is everywhere on my head. I also have dry/itchy scalp and dandruff.

By the way, Pantothen is just a combination of Vitamin B5 and L-Cartinine into one pill

MemberMember
(@blue09)

Posted : 03/14/2013 4:00 pm

You have the exact same symptoms as me mate losing mainly on my crown too, yeh just researched pantothen and there's no way I'm touching that lol I've just bought some msm so il add them to the rest of the stuff I take not that it will do anything, I read earlier that a guy has been losing his hair for 12 years due to b5 so not much hope atm. The bulb at the bottom of the fallen hairs is the same as what happens when you get telogen effluvium, I read that cortisone shots have helped with te but tbh I'm just looking for anything now before I lose all my hair lol

MemberMember
(@phillyeagles91)

Posted : 03/15/2013 3:34 am

Guys go to the doctor and get blood tests.

B5 megadose messes with your adrenals and burns them out.

Cortisol, Testosterone/DHT, Thyroid all need to be checked.

I think its just way too risky at this point to add anything else to our bodies without any knowledge of what's going to happen. We need professional direction now.

pjjordan liked
MemberMember
(@sikosetogam10)

Posted : 03/15/2013 5:30 am

I have had the exact same symptoms; hair loss all over but most noticeable on the crown, and most hairs have this bulb attached to it, dry itchy scalp with dandruff, overall dry flaky skin.

This will continue forever unless i find the cause because after 8 years of this crap there is no way the body will adjust by itself.
Have been taking l-cysteine and biotin for 1 week now but hasn't done anything yet.

Im so frustrated by this, i will try to find a solution even if im 70 i want to know why these permanent side effects have occured.

MemberMember
(@clarityx)

Posted : 03/15/2013 8:18 am

I noticed some patches of hair missing on my face today. I have not seen any posts about anyone losing facial hair but this didn't start until i used b5. I used it for like 2 months and immediately stoped when i notices the hair loss and it has not stoped 2 month after... i am only 20 years old and losing my hair this young is A big deal for me. Am going to start l cysteine and see what that does for me

MemberMember
(@exister)

Posted : 03/15/2013 4:31 pm

Just thought I'd let whoever cares know that I've dropped the B5/L-cysteine thing. I'm even packing up my leftover bottles and returning them, actually. I think it may have helped a bit in the beginning, but overall I'm not looking noticeably better enough to bother keeping up with all the pill-taking, and the cost. I'm pretty sure it only worked at first because of placebo. And as soon as I started doubting the theory, that 'negative placebo'd' my skin into becoming worse. I've been off it for a few days, and the fact that I don't have to think about taking them and carrying several with me for eating out has probably reduced my stress enough to make my skin better than the B5 ever did. All I'm going to take from now on is an anti-histamine for allergies. It's freeing.

MemberMember
(@blue09)

Posted : 03/15/2013 5:33 pm

Come on guys we gotta fine a cure for this hairloss theres hundreds of people all with the same symptoms, everyone seems to think its telogen effluvium due to the bulbs on the hairs, has anybody tried minoxidil yet or anything else as I'm at the end of my cysteine tub and it's made no difference

MemberMember
(@itsoveryes)

Posted : 03/18/2013 6:35 am

So just to clarify, NO ONE- Philly, PJ, Exister, etc actually did Step 2, the Crude Oil. And did anyone try step 3, which is connected to the thyroid, being part of the adrenals someone mentioned above.

MemberMember
(@pjjordan)

Posted : 03/18/2013 8:25 am

It absolutely could be a thyroid problem. The thyroid regulates hormones and hair loss is a side effect when there is a hormone imbalance. I suggest getting tests done on the thyroid. I am going to see my doctor and ask for tests to be done. This could suggest why Atomidine worked for itsoveryes. His thyroid could have corrected itself.

MemberMember
(@patientx)

Posted : 03/18/2013 9:15 am

So just to clarify, NO ONE- Philly, PJ, Exister, etc actually did Step 2, the Crude Oil. And did anyone try step 3, which is connected to the thyroid, being part of the adrenals someone mentioned above.

In your 1st post you said you hadn't seen any hair regrowth yet because it took time. Do you have any regrowth by now?

MemberMember
(@blue09)

Posted : 03/18/2013 12:59 pm

I'm booked in for docs on thurs il let u guys no how it goes, from all the research Iv done and what other people are saying i think it either thyroid or iron deficiency

MemberMember
(@phillyeagles91)

Posted : 03/18/2013 3:04 pm

I'm booked in for docs on thurs il let u guys no how it goes, from all the research Iv done and what other people are saying i think it either thyroid or iron deficiency

I've been talking to a guy that has been studying this b5 hairloss connection for several years. He said the following should be tested (in order of importance)

1. cortisol

2. Testosterone and DHT

3. Thyroid

Please make sure your doctor doesn't just pass you off as Male pattern baldness. Explain that you have hairloss all over your head, and you know of many people on forums that had this same side effect from megadosing B5. Its NOT Telogen Effluvium guys...several people have had this for over 2 years! TE fixes itself if you get rid of the root cause(taking the pills) and takes around 6-12 months.

I'm currently away at college but when I go home for break I will book an appointment as well. Best of luck guys, you're almost there.

MemberMember
(@pjjordan)

Posted : 03/19/2013 9:28 am

I've been talking to a guy that has been studying this b5 hairloss connection for several years. He said the following should be tested (in order of importance)

1. cortisol

2. Testosterone and DHT

3. Thyroid

Please make sure your doctor doesn't just pass you off as Male pattern baldness. Explain that you have hairloss all over your head, and you know of many people on forums that had this same side effect from megadosing B5. Its NOT Telogen Effluvium guys...several people have had this for over 2 years! TE fixes itself if you get rid of the root cause(taking the pills) and takes around 6-12 months.

I'm currently away at college but when I go home for break I will book an appointment as well. Best of luck guys, you're almost there.

Agreed. Tests are the best option at this point.

I have been to three different dermatologists. I had blood work and that came back normal. I did not see the results so I do not know exactly what was tested but I specifically asked about my iron and B12 levels and they said they were fine.

I also had a scalp biopsy which is a procedure in which they cut two pieces out your scalp out to test the anagen/telogen ratios and terminal/vellus hair ratios. They concluded I do not have TE so they told me it was MPB.

I believe now we should all have cortisol, testosterone/DHT, and Thyroid tests done.

This website describes types of Hair Loss evaluations: http://www.hairtx.com/hair-loss/hair-loss-evaluation/

"Associated laboratory work up can also be helpful such as serum ferritin to rule out iron deficiency anemia as a cause of hair loss, particularly in women with a diffuse patterned hair loss. Thyroid function tests, specifically thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH), may be required as part of a thorough work up. Any virilizing signs in women including irregular menses, hirsutism, or acne should be evaluated with both free testosterone and dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate (DHEAS). When lupus is suspected, a serum antinuclear antibody (ANA) will be important."

MemberMember
(@mis911)

Posted : 03/19/2013 9:41 am

Anyone who has been megadosing on ANY vitamin, not ony B5 should NEVER immediately stop cold turkey.

The same goes when you start dosing with a vitamin...ALWAYS start with a minimum dose, then work your way up till the desired results are achieved,

then taper off to a maintenance dose.

Example given from the book Ascorbate by Dr Steve Hickey & Dr Hilary Roberts:

Test subjects that were megadosing with Vitamin C then suddenly stopped, suffered from scurvy, because their bodies

became accustomed to the mega dosage.

It makes sense why people here who suddenly began megadosing on B5 then suddenly stopped once hair loss

resulted, still experience negative outcomes.

I am a 32 year old female suffering from hereditary hair loss & mild acne.

I have begun dosing with NAC for one week prior to staring B5, then begun taking 1.5g B5 with 1.8g of NAC a day for 2-3 weeks,

experienced no hair loss but no improvement with acne, so

upped my dose now to 3g of B5 with 1.8g of NAC a day, it has been 5days & my acne has gotten slightly worse

(but I read that is normal as some experienced that before the acne clearing up) ,I will continue this for 2-3 weeks & if no results will

up my dose of B5 to the maximum amount of 5g (will not go upto 10grams as that seems too severe)

with 2.7g of NAC for a final 2-3 weeks & if no results achieved I will slowly decline my dosage in 2week intervals.

Will keep everyone posted at the next 3week interval in regards to acne inprovement & hair health.

I am also taking calcium ascorbate/magnesium ascorbate 14 grams a day

Chromium

Multi B vitamin 50mg twice a day

Alcar powder 500mg twice a day on alternating days

B3 1gram daily

B12 Sublingual once a day

MemberMember
(@itsoveryes)

Posted : 03/19/2013 11:48 am

In your 1st post you said you hadn't seen any hair regrowth yet because it took time. Do you have any regrowth by now?

yes 100% hair, 100% acne free

Mis911 is correct by the way. Edgar cayce (where i got the atomidine from) said do not stop any vitamisn immediately because it will cause to great a strain on the system. Glad to see scientific proof of that. Remember that guy from the healthforums who cured his hairloss a few years ago continued taking b5.

For those who have money and think it is partially conencted to the thyroid, maybe you should try atomidine+ acupuncture. Acupuncture is suppose to the correct the endrocrine system which the thyroid is part of.

Blue09 liked
MemberMember
(@blue09)

Posted : 03/19/2013 1:02 pm

So do you think If I start taking say 500mg b5 again it may help even tho I havnt taken any for months?

So do you think If I start taking say 500mg b5 again it may help even tho I havnt taken any for months?