Notifications
Clear all

How Long After Changing Your Diet Did It Take To See Results?

MemberMember
(@onestepcloser)

Posted : 12/02/2012 1:09 am

How long after changing your diet did it take to see results? (if any)

What did you change about your diet?

I have been gluten free and sugar free and also low GI for 2 weeks. I know its not long and everyone is different but I am really struggling with these changes and just want to hear some positive stories to keep me on track.

Dairy seems to be a common one to drop as well so am still deciding whether I should do that as well, I feel if I do I will have nothing left to eat! I don't eat much dairy, never drink milk but have been having some feta in salads and also some greek yoghurt. Hoping this won't effect clearing things up.

MemberMember
(@perseverant)

Posted : 12/02/2012 3:23 am

To be honest I think it's possible to be healthy while eating things that aren't so healthy. Include healthier foods, and limit bad foods. I'd say cut out the main foods that say stuff like "Warning: Contains gluten, wheat, milk"..stuff like that, you know? I know what you mean, I don't feel like I'm eating at all because I cut out a lot..and I feel hungry all the time even though I'm getting my 2,000 calories. It takes time to get used to, but I don't think including one favorite food of choice each day or every so often, will make your acne worsen. Excess amounts of bad foods, and even good foods, may not be good for your overall health and skin, so that's pretty much all there is to it. Carrots, cranberry juice, silk milk (not actual milk, still gives protein, calcium), broccoli, are things I eat throughout the day..and then I'll have like a buttered roll or soup..even though that's not good at all, but feeding a craving every so often won't hurt you. Also find out if your water is hard or soft, and if it is tap water then you should purify it, if you use your face to wash that is. I think that's a main irritance/culprit to my random severe acne, and also a change in diet may play a role too..even if it's a healthy change. There's various reasons, we will never truly know.

MemberMember
(@royalty)

Posted : 12/02/2012 8:24 am

2-3 days. You can STRAIGHT UP get rid of acne in 1-2 weeks if you only if veggies and drink water.