Notifications
Clear all

The Problem With Curing Acne Internally

MemberMember
(@strax)

Posted : 11/28/2012 8:47 pm

Acne is almost primarily caused by androgens. It is the only known cause of acne and acne doesn't occur in casterated people.

So by default whenever you're curing acne internally you're messing with your androgens(hormones). It seems to get thrown around a lot that this is somehow a more benign way of treating acne than topically. I see differently, topical side effects might be local irritation, and knowledge that you're not actually "curing" the problem. Internally correcting it might lead to reduced libido

MemberMember
(@quetzl1)

Posted : 11/29/2012 9:37 pm

I don't think acne is caused by androgens. Yes, castrated individuals may not have acne, but neither do people without sebaceous glands. There's a bit more to the picture than just androgens.

Additionally, it's obvious that people are not meant to have acne. Therefore, any messing around that is done is simply bringing the body back into balance, so to speak. And thus more benign.

MemberMember
(@bosnic)

Posted : 11/29/2012 11:59 pm

So eating lower GI foods, and more meat, nuts/seeds, coconut oil, animal fats, vegetables, and on occasion, offal... this is lowering my androgen levels? Oh, and eating more fermented foods, and including a probiotic.

Because I've been doing this and it has cleared up my once-very-bad acne to manageable levels. If anything this diet has increased my angrogens (like testosterone) and I've also included exercise which also increases them.

Acne is not as simple as 1+1=2.

Ind1g0 liked
MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 11/30/2012 12:14 am

Acne isn't caused by one single thing. It's a variety of things. I know for a fact that mine is directly related to my gut. I also know it's related to my hormones. I also know it's VERY strongly related to stress. When I get a panic attack I get 3-4 new cystic acne in MINUTES.

So that there alone is one case that involves at least 3 known factors, and hormones are just one of them.

MemberMember
(@ind1g0)

Posted : 11/30/2012 10:44 am

Bosnic, I agree. I am on a similar diet to you and eventually, when you treat your body the way it is supposed to be treated and what makes it thrive biologically, your body will stabilize itself and this means hormones.

MemberMember
(@steamroom)

Posted : 12/01/2012 9:39 am

Acne isn't caused by one single thing. It's a variety of things. I know for a fact that mine is directly related to my gut. I also know it's related to my hormones. I also know it's VERY strongly related to stress. When I get a panic attack I get 3-4 new cystic acne in MINUTES.

So that there alone is one case that involves at least 3 known factors, and hormones are just one of them.

3-4 cysts in minutes? I hope you're exaggerating lol because I am pretty sure that is not possible. Maybe the blood rush helps define up and coming pimples, but I don't think you generated such acne from a panic attack.

I know when I wash my face in the morning, all acne becomes visible. I then notice where future acne is coming bc it becomes red.

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 12/01/2012 10:47 am

I'm not exaggerating. Believe me, I wish that I was. Although I don't doubt that my skin condition, if studied adequately, would be found to be something other than what is commonly classified as "acne." It looks like cystic acne but is extremely painful.