(@rarejr)

Posted : 06/30/2012 9:35 pm

Rarejr,

check this out:

http://journal.sccon...0001-p00010.pdf

i bought me some capsules yesterday...and they weren't that expensive

i hope i'm helping you

take care

thanks cubed I hope taurine works.THis is the only things im doing taking 3g of omega fish oil,40g of floraglo lutein ,drinking 1 gallon of water,.The only thing that is touching my face is water,calendula oil,aloe vera, and Starting tomorrow I will use taurine.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/03/2012 12:56 pm

I really think you should leave out the water on your face unless it is distilled water. There is no need for it if you have aloe vera gel/juice.

MemberMember
(@wicky)

Posted : 07/03/2012 8:26 pm

How do you apply the aloe vera gel/juice? The juice is very thin and is the gel from the plant that you use?

MemberMember
(@rarejr)

Posted : 07/04/2012 3:21 pm

How do you apply the aloe vera gel/juice? The juice is very thin and is the gel from the plant that you use?

Yes mys is 100& pure aloe vera and I use it for a face wash.I wet my face apply some aloe and rinse.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/04/2012 3:42 pm

yeah, i stress the use of 100% aloe vera gel/juice and nothing else because aloe vera gel/juice has the right PH for skin. and some of our water isn't good...has chlorine in it (drying) and i just don't trust it. unless it is distilled. that's cheap. 1 dollar at the store.

just put the stuff on your skin and gently wipe it off. nothing big. then put some more on there with your taurine powder (so the powder can melt onto your skin...it's hard for the taurine to melt on the skin though...but be gentle and patient.) and then pat some calendula oil on there.

that's what i'm doing.

i dont use lotions, i dont use anything else but these techniques. lotion makes the situation worse and doesn't help.

this is the only thing that's been working for me.

i also used niacinamide powder for some time, so that may help some of you.

but once again the stupid, stupid YOUR MILEAGE MAY VARY. i hate that crap. I've been looking for a holy grail, that works completely and continues to work, but my hope is in taurine + calendula.

sorry to be repetitive but sometimes people miss things.

MemberMember
(@vanbelle)

Posted : 07/05/2012 11:38 pm

yes dont forgot to splash with cold water 1 to 2 times a day

bobbi is right that you can't do a whole lot to force the skin to retain moisture once it's damaged, red and dehydrated, but a "moisturizer" has emollients that help encourage water/moisture retention in the skin, and usually contain an array of natural anti-inflammatories, if you purchase a good moisturizer.

It's a difference in philosophies--to be dependent on skincare products or not. Think of your skincare regimen, instead, as something to enhance your skin's natural processes, hydration and so forth, instead of something that needs to externally regulated and requires a multi-step compensatory process.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/12/2012 8:15 pm

taurine by itself seems to be working just fine...just so you guys know.

also internally take the taurine, like oral taurine...i read online it is helpful...with sugar intake...and sugar is not good for the skin...so taurine might help with our healing process

also take lutein, vitamin c, and fish oil....

much love...hope to see updates from you all...so we can help future people with their dehydrated skin problems

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/15/2012 9:27 pm

some of you might also want to try panthenol

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21982351

give it at least 30 days, though

i will continue to search on pubmed for solutions

also, you guys might want to eat GLA rich foods...gamma linoleic acid? it helps reduce TEWL when taken orally but i dont know if i would trust supplements because i read online that evening primrose oils and such are usually expired by the time you buy them and don't help any

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21088453

evidence that flax seed helps improve skin hydration and decrease TEWL (transepidermal water loss)

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22123240

and GLA

MemberMember
(@rarejr)

Posted : 07/15/2012 11:39 pm

some of you might also want to try panthenol

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/21982351

give it at least 30 days, though

i will continue to search on pubmed for solutions

also, you guys might want to eat GLA rich foods...gamma linoleic acid? it helps reduce TEWL when taken orally but i dont know if i would trust supplements because i read online that evening primrose oils and such are usually expired by the time you buy them and don't help any

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/21088453

evidence that flax seed helps improve skin hydration and decrease TEWL (transepidermal water loss)

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/22123240

and GLA

Very good info

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 07/16/2012 9:26 am

The cavemen regime is essential to the healing process. Wash your face with ONLY water and your fingertips. Move your fingertips in GENTLE circular motions after being in the shower for at least ten minutes.

By FAR the best moisturizer (that actually keeps your skin soft and supple) is 100% pure USP Glycerin. (Can be found cheaply at Wal Mart or any drugstore)

Place one DROP onto wet hands and gently massage it into your skin.

It will take about a year for your skin to normalize so be patient and most importantly be GENTLE with your face.

Good luck.

Yes, glycerin helps bring moisture into the cells. And it's often the difference between face moisturizers and the higher priced night and under eye creams in smaller containers from the same line. Look at the ingredients and you'll often see the same things, but glycerin higher up on the list.

I buy vegetable glycerine which is a little more expensive than what you get at walgreens. And I apply it under my eyes and around my mouth at night. It's a little sticky but I'm probably using too much.

MemberMember
(@bobbi364)

Posted : 07/27/2012 8:49 am

lets think about past history and why skin is drier today than it could have ever been before in the past. showers are a newer invention, chemicals and hot water without the skins natural water absorption process, like that of bathing and submerging in water (lake, ocean, river, etc) is not happening like it use to. sure dry skin could have been an issue in the past as well, however, the whole bathing technique is way different than it use to be. i advocate for bathing and submerging the body in water daily, this will allow your skin to naturally moisturize, why need all those chemicals to have good skin?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/06/2012 7:54 pm

anyone got any updates?

my experiment these days has been to use niacinamide again, but this time without the addition of any other oils.

i will just let my skin produce it's own oil.

i put the niacinamide on top. dissolve it on my skin with some distilled water and that's it.

i dont add any other moisturizer.

so far it's been going well...

because i read online in a forum that adding moisturizers or oils can make ur skin dependent on them and make ur skin less likely to create its own oils.

so i've been experimenting with that.

as far as taurine goes, i have been taking it internally. and i might add it to my skin again...it's just that it's hard to get it to dissolve on my skin...so im thinking of like putting one capsule in a tube of water...shaking it up..and see if that dissolves & then put it on my skin.

but yeah, i have yet to go back out and buy me some aloe vera gel again...so thats why i have been using distilled water....until i get aloe vera again

okay take care until next time folks! smile.png

Studies have recently come out that show that moisturizers actually overwet the skin barrier, which allows more moisture to leave the skin...ultimately causing dryness, increased sensitivity, etc.

I have personally stopped using all moisturizers and facial oils so that my skin does not become dependent on them, and stop producing it's own moisture.

I would find an SPF product you can live with, and just stick to that. I am using ZO Skin Health Oclipse SPF 30. It is not cheap, but it goes on great, keeps your face from looking oily, and has not irritated my skin at all. [Edited link out]

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/21/2012 10:59 am

hey i just wanted to give an update about my skin. it's 98% better by just using niacinamide and distilled water as my moisturizer. nothing else. no sunscreens. no oils. nothing. just my skin's natural oils and an active (an active a skin care product that acts upon the skin, that causes some cellular changes).

i don't wash my face with soap or anything. i have just been using distilled water and niacinamide.

i really hope this helps you guys!

it's been a major, major, major improvement!

there are no need for moisturizers in my opinion...

i have only been using it for about 2 months? or a little less...so give it a try

and eat well! i haven't been eating well though :-/

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/02/2012 2:59 pm

i am here to give a few updates on what i have learned:

Niacinamide works best at a neutral PH (6 or 7) so use distilled water only

Niacianamide powder in the capsules DONT WORK as well as PURE NIACINAMIDE POWDER

[Edited link out]

i am telling you, niacinamide works, it really has been helping me.

no need for other moisturizers nor oils.

just niacinamide + distilled water. :)

the niacinamide powder has to be pure, so order some from garden of wisdom or purebulk.com or lotion crafter. garden of wisdom is the cheapest.

just give this regimen some time, trust your skin,

this probably works for other skin types as well, or for people who just want to maintain healthy skin.

SPREAD THE WORD, God bless

MemberMember
(@fsas)

Posted : 11/02/2012 6:49 pm

what about oils ? I have to wear makeup to face the world but I use grapeseed oil to get it off. Either way my skin is the coming close to being the worst its ever been, well my forehead anyway. so done with everything. honestly not much left I havent tried that isnt a chemical

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/04/2012 12:28 pm

what about oils ? I have to wear makeup to face the world but I use grapeseed oil to get it off. Either way my skin is the coming close to being the worst its ever been, well my forehead anyway. so done with everything. honestly not much left I havent tried that isnt a chemical

Oils will stop ur skin from creating its own natural moisture. No synthetic oils natural oils or anything else. Just niacinamide and distilled water. Give it a try and trust ur skin. It may work with make up...but i say...be brave...face the world without make up so that u can experience the results of having ur own skin be healthy and maintain itself with the help of niacinamide.

Please give it a try and use pure niacinamide!! Ok?

Update me either by inbox or this thread. Take care

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/15/2012 12:57 am

okay also I was off on my measurements...5 percent of 3 oz would mean u need to put a little less than 1 teapson...like .9 of a teaspoon to make a 5 percent concentration...

MemberMember
(@dantheman123)

Posted : 11/24/2012 1:59 am

Im in the same boat. Skin is super dehydrated and raw from acne products ranging from proactive to retin-a. I'm discontinuing my natural oils now and I'm gonna let my face heal properly. Does anyone know If it's best to do a full caveman where you never wash, or should you wash with distilled water once in a while?

MemberMember
(@royalty)

Posted : 11/25/2012 8:00 am

I have same problem, i will wash my face only at night and use olive oil to moisturize. I will be back everyday and tell how it goes!

MemberMember
(@rarejr)

Posted : 05/21/2013 11:00 am

I been using niacinamide and water for a week and I dont see any improvements yet.I will update in a week

MemberMember
(@brenner8000)

Posted : 05/21/2013 8:57 pm

I been using niacinamide and water for a week and I dont see any improvements yet.I will update in a week

hi there, I've been in the same boat as you... Skin got wrecked from too many products. I've actually been doing full caveman (no water) for a couple of months and I gotta say my skin is better than it's been in years, it's clearly healing very rapidly.

Problem is the dead skin. As soon as I started the caveman the dead skin built up within like 3 weeks and it's incredibly visible. It only builds up on my cheeks, which was always the most damaged part of my face. I left the dead skin on for like 2 months then I took it off. My cheeks looked VERY red and raw when I took it off, but after 2 days the redness faded and I could see my cheeks were actually very healed! The skin looked younger and moisturized, the marks were mostly faded, and the skin tone was softer.

The dead skin returned very quickly though. It's now been 3 months since I removed the dead skin (I'm very determined so I don't really mind looking gross for a few months if my skin heals). Pieces of the dead skin are actually starting to fall off on their own now, and from what I can see the skin underneath is starting to look flawless. Although it'll probably take a little longer to be totally done healing.

Anyway, if you haven't tried the full caveman, I urge you to do it. The healing process is gross but it works.

MemberMember
(@rarejr)

Posted : 05/23/2013 9:23 am

Here is some pictures of my dehydrated skin.this is only my forehead ,I couldn't find a angle for my cheeks.

In both of these pictures I raise my eyebrows so you can see the tiny lines more. My skin looks more worse but this is the best I can do.I will post more pictures this week.

I have an update for my niacinamide and distilled water I been using .This is Day 10. I had this dry red patch on my left cheek that never went away.And now its looks 60 percent better.This is the only improvement for now.I will post more updates every week.

post-146670-0-20547800-1369318837_thumb.

post-146670-0-95827500-1369318864_thumb.

MemberMember
(@rarejr)

Posted : 05/31/2013 6:53 pm

UPDATE DAY 18 no improvements yet.I will update next week.

But I think why most people don't cure their dehydrated skin is because If it takes 10 weeks for the skin barrier to rebuild.Then I have to let my skin do it job and not mess it up in those 10 weeks.If I scrub my face too hard or wash it too much I will mess up the whole process and have to start over again.That is why Im going to give my skin two weeks and then start exfoliate with a muslin cloth.I already told you how im washing my face gently(ALOE and Clean water,no tap water.Yes I have dead skin on my face but the SKIN BARRIER is made up of 15 to 20 LAYERS of dead skin.

READ THIS BELOW source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stratum_corneum

The stratum corneum (Latin for 'horned layer') is the outermost layer of the epidermis, consisting of dead cells (corneocytes) that lack nuclei andorganelles.

The purpose of the stratum corneum is to form a barrier to protect underlying tissue from infection, dehydration, chemicals and mechanical stress.Desquamation, the process of cell shedding from the surface of the stratum corneum, balances proliferating keratinocytes that form in the stratum basale. These cells migrate through the epidermis towards the surface in a journey that takes approximately fourteen days.

YOU CAN READ MORE HERE http://en.wikipedia....Stratum_corneum

So the stratum corneum is the skin barrier.And if you read it.Stratum corneum job is to from a barrier to protect of infection and DEHYDRATION.

Loook at this pictures and

you can see that the stratum corneum have many dead skin layers.So I think we have little of dead skin layers. GOOD LUCK

MemberMember
(@xninja)

Posted : 06/03/2013 8:02 am

I think you should incorporate N-Acetly Glucosamine into the niacinamide toner. They apparently work together to create better results, as somebody else on EDS forums has the same problem and used this combination to fix their dehydrated problem. Interesting stuff about the epidermis, but having lots of skin cells forming barrier could prevent the absorption of niacinamide and perhaps getting a gentle microfibre cloth to exfolate might work better for that absoprtion. My advice is, if it looks worse, the product is not helping. However, when i exfoliate gently, it makes the skin look slightly better. If it doesn't look worse, i think that its not doing harm and could perk you up a bit.

I am too suffering from what you describe. Mine came about when i used a cleanser for acne that you have to leave on for a few minute before washing. It has all the hallmarks of bad advice, as the cleasner contains sulfate and an anti-baterial agent that i think was the cause of my problem. Basiclly i have dehydrated skin, like yours, and you can tell because it looks drained, has no glow or moisture to it, doesn't moisturize at all by using any cream or lotion. sometimes it can be oily, but not by much. My skin can sometimes look somewhat polished on my cheeks when it gets bad.

Could you describe what the rest of your facial skin is like?

I am going to do the same thing as what you are doing with the DIY toner. I also wash my face with Cerave hydrating cleanser. It doesn't make it worse and washing can be somewhat good as the barrier can still hold some water. If i did not wash for a week it would just look worse because there would be a severe lack water in the skin. I also finalise by using Cerave PM. It has ceramides, niacinamide and cholesteral in it. It's meant to be good for this sort of thing, but i have regreatably not seen any miracles or good results with this product, although i have only used it for a month.

I hope things get better in the end for you.

surprised.gif

MemberMember
(@rarejr)

Posted : 06/03/2013 9:22 am

Xninja I will add n-acetylene glucosamine into the niacin .im going to order it today and should get it on Friday.i will post updates every week.yes you are right cubed message me and told me she use niacin and n- acetylene glucosamine,

My skin is super sensentivy,open pores.small tiny lines on my forehead.loss it glow.skin look dull.feel soft but look dull and dehydrated.my skin still is oily but it doesn't help the dehydrated skin.i have dark circle.everything you describe I have too.

I also get dead skin on my face fast.maybe because it's soo dehydrated.im going to start exfoliate this Friday. I just wanted to give my skin 2 week break. I got soo many lotions and creams and none help the dehydrated look.I even pay 100 dollar for a serum you use for 21 night and it didn't help at all. So I know it's a skin barrier problem.im going to start exfoliate once a week.how many times you going to exfoliate a week?