Notifications
Clear all

To Naturopath Or Not Naturopath

MemberMember
(@4fours)

Posted : 05/09/2012 12:28 pm

the discissions totally up to you, personally for me it was a waste of time, I spent almost $300 and then she wanted me to buy her book and her herbal teas and her creams, was going to come to just over a thousand dollars, so I nebver went back./ If u do your own research online, check out some of the posts here etc, I am sure you could do just as good a job!

That's too bad, it sounds like you went to a shady one. I've never felt ripped off by mine, and she's never tried to sell me any books.

^Thank you...that's kinda the point I was trying to make.

I have a hard time trusting that anyone who would charge someone in need of healing $3-400. That is just raping people for their money and unless youre a millionare that is really going to hurt. My friend who is a naturopath told me everything she knows about healing for free--that is a real healer, someone who really wants to help people.

Do you really think you can learn everything they have learned in their years of med school, residency and in their practice?

I didn't answer this before but actually, yes. Yes I can. You have no idea the extent of my learning, what I've done or how long I've been on this path so you couldn't possibly judge how my own abilities compare to those of one of these people.

I'm going to quote George Bernard Shaw here: Never wrestle with a pigyou get dirty and the pig likes it

MemberMember
(@thehoper)

Posted : 05/09/2012 12:51 pm

That price really sucks, come on now I would have had a long talk to her about that lol. I would love to be a naturopathic doctor myself, and before all else comes helping people. We live in a struggling economy, I would feel guilty charging someone 100 bucks for a visit.

None the less good luck all.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 10/08/2012 10:01 am

My final view on naturopath - i think some information is spot on - foods that are inflammatory, importance of organs to having a healthy body. But from experience, their testing is shoddy at best, especially muscle testing which i would NOT recommend. If i had to do it over again, i would only go to someone who:

• does real blood and saliva tests

• has REAL suggestions for skin care

• offers something besides the usual 'yup, it's your liver, adrenals, candida' without testing.

All 3 of my naturopaths had me continuously working on the same problem areas over an 8 month period and guess what, i still have acne. Not saying they all suck, i just think a lot of the information they give can be found online and in my honest opinion, a lot of what they do (from my persona experience) is trial and error anyway

MemberMember
(@brock-mobourne)

Posted : 01/20/2019 9:42 pm

The quality and health of the skin, including the repair and rejuvenation actions require specific anti-oxidant nutrients such as vitamin A, in its beta-carotene form. This nutrient is necessary for healing and construction of new skin tissue and alongside the other anti-oxidants vitamins C & E, the minerals zinc & selenium, and the B vitamins, is important in helping to protect against free radical damage, stress related skin conditions and is required in all cellular functions that help to maintain healthy skin. Also, Zinc, levels of which are often found to be lower in people who suffer from acne, are important to skin health. This key mineral is involved in local hormone activation, wound healing, immune system activity, control of inflammation and tissue regeneration and along with B6 and magnesium is required for the normal production of hormones.

Naturopathic medicine treats acne by treating the root of the issue not the symptoms. By treating the root causes of acne, future breakouts and flare ups are often times also prevented. Naturopath for skin conditions can also help heal scarring and present a healthier glowing skin. This treatment along with abalanced dietoptimized for skin health should result in smooth acne free skin.