Notifications
Clear all

Wai Diet - The Only Way To Get 100% Clear Forever

MemberMember
(@olympusmons)

Posted : 11/08/2011 3:01 pm

Do you happen to know of any brands of water (in the united states) that is low mineral water?

Montcalm, Colorado Springs, Aytac, Volvic...

MemberMember
(@yestoclearskinplz)

Posted : 11/10/2011 12:59 am

Everything seems okay about this diet until I saw the raw eggs and fish. What about the protozoans and the parasites? I mean this stuff is no joke. I would rather have pimples and not have disease than to be acne free with the possibility of getting a parasite in my body.

MemberMember
(@captainsunshine)

Posted : 11/10/2011 2:11 am

Everything seems okay about this diet until I saw the raw eggs and fish.

Specifically on the Wai Diet, it's yolk that you swallow raw. I've done it a few times, not the best tasting substance but nothing negative came of it. It's a very good hit of protein. Ever watched Rocky? Sly Stallone puts a whole raw egg in a glass and chugs it. :)

MemberMember
(@stevejones)

Posted : 11/10/2011 9:54 am

I guess it will be difficult to follow a diet without cooked food. How can i live without meat? Wondering.............

MemberMember
(@olympusmons)

Posted : 11/10/2011 1:42 pm

Everything seems okay about this diet until I saw the raw eggs and fish. What about the protozoans and the parasites? I mean this stuff is no joke. I would rather have pimples and not have disease than to be acne free with the possibility of getting a parasite in my body.

Avoiding (excess) protozoans is simple - don't eat animal food that's not 100% fresh anymore.

Avoiding parasites is even easier - don't eat the species of fish (haddock, cod, most white fish) and meat (chicken, others) that are likely to have parasites. In other species, parasites are very rare. Tuna is the only animal which is 100% parasite free. It never has parasites. So if you fear parasites that much, you can very well eat only tuna. And egg yolks, I doubt they get any parasites either... But anyway, parasites are easily detected and removed, just slice your fish/meat thin (plus I doubt they would survive with slicing). And even if you have the extreme unluck of absorving parasites, there are medicines that can kill it.

As you see, it's a negligible risk, as long as you be careful - always eat fresh/unspoiled fish/meat, safe species, and for eggs put them in a bowel with water and see if they come up or not, and inspect for little holes.

Specifically on the Wai Diet, it's yolk that you swallow raw. I've done it a few times, not the best tasting substance but nothing negative came of it. It's a very good hit of protein. Ever watched Rocky? Sly Stallone puts a whole raw egg in a glass and chugs it. smile.png

No one swallows whole egg yolks in this diet, lol! It's disgusting! The same thing for olive oil. Why? Because these 2 foods are way too much concentrated in fat! They don't taste good in it's whole, pure, one-big-chug form! (With some exceptions for egg yolks, a few people like them in a chug indeed). But hey, you don't need to be a Rocky Balboa to be on this diet biggrin.png

There are many ways to eat whole egg yolk: 1) mixed in fruit juices. Imo the best way. It gives a creamy texture to the juice and makes it taste wonderfully. 2) mixed with sugar. 3) spread over a tomato-cucumber salad, raw salmon, raw beef (tartar), etc.

I guess it will be difficult to follow a diet without cooked food. How can i live without meat? Wondering.............

You can very well eat raw sirloin beef, for instance. I've been eating it in the last few weeks. Probably the best thing I ever tasted btw. Ever heard of carpaccio, steak tartar? Lots of people love those raw meat dishes wink.png

MemberMember
(@numbaunstunna)

Posted : 11/10/2011 7:35 pm

Balanced food + Balanced lifestyle = Balanced Skin ... We sometimes tend to overthink :)

MemberMember
(@olympusmons)

Posted : 11/10/2011 9:43 pm

Balanced food + Balanced lifestyle = Balanced Skin ... We sometimes tend to overthink smile.png

We sometimes tend to over simplify things, too.

Lots of people have both of those (according to almost everyone's standarts of balanced food) and still have lots of acne.

Plus Wai Diet is not just for clearing acne. It's also for cellulite, overweight, and significantly contributes to better health in general. Mind to read about it's theory if you have time, google free acne book.

MemberMember
(@chestercool)

Posted : 11/10/2011 10:23 pm

i thought sugar was not good for acne since it alterates insulin. I see many people say they succeeded with this diet mentiones. However, more argumentation about why this diet is better than paleo, which sugars should be consumed, and fruits over vegetables, might make this thread more helpful and convince more people, what i think is what you want. Its very interesting by the way

MemberMember
(@olympusmons)

Posted : 11/11/2011 3:06 pm

i thought sugar was not good for acne since it alterates insulin. I see many people say they succeeded with this diet mentiones. However, more argumentation about why this diet is better than paleo, which sugars should be consumed, and fruits over vegetables, might make this thread more helpful and convince more people, what i think is what you want. Its very interesting by the way

Thanks! You're right, that's my intention with this thread... I've already talked about all those subjects here, but I find it a good idea to do a short resume :)

About sugar and insulin - yes, too much sugar in one meal interferes with insulin cycle. Why? Because this will cause big spikes in blood sugar levels. So, there are two ways to eat some good amounts of sugar and don't get blood sugar levels' spikes:

1- Eat fat at the same time you eat sugar. Fats stabilize blood-glucose levels. This is a rule of Wai Diet - always combine sugary foods with fatty foods. Unless you eat a bite of fruit every 10 min, this way your blood sugar levels won't ever spike... but this is not practical.

2 - Eat small amounts, many times a day, whenever you are hungry. This will be like 7-15 times a day. And at the same times, always eat fat in all these meals.

3 - If you really wanna avoid sugar, you can still do this diet with no problem: eat mostly tomatoes, cucumbers, avocados, nuts, olive oil, and some egg yolks/meat/fish.

Why this diet is better than Paleo...

Well, first, because it's 100% raw, and cooked food has lots of harmful effects in the body - acne, cellulite, causing too much appetite due to having substances called appetite enhancers (which leads to overweight), addiction, the presence of brain-altering substances, and much more stuff that can lead to cancer, brain diseases. It's all here: http://www.waiworld.com/waisays/food/index.html

In what regards acne, I believe Wai Diet is the only diet that completely clears everyone, even more as fast as in 2 weeks, except those with strong hormonal unbalance. I don't believe Paleo does this.

But I agree that Paleo is already better than "normal" diets. And Raw Paleo, even much better.

Which sugars should be consumed?

White sugar and fruit sugars, as long as they haven't been heated. The more natural, the best, in my opinion (sugars naturally present in fruit).

It doesn't matter that much though, since all sugars we consume are all transformed in monosaccharides to provide us energy.

Why fruits over vegetables?

Because our digestive tract is not designed to properly process vegetables. And there's not a single nutrient in vegetables that fruits don't contain.

http://www.waiworld.com/waidiet/vgb.html

MemberMember
(@markytee)

Posted : 11/14/2011 1:50 pm

i'm still a bit confused about the eating raw meat part

could you explain a bit more about that please? like what meats exactly and how to go about not poisoning yourself? :P

also i know it's a bit left field but would it be possible to still build muscle on this diet if you were following a weightlifting regime?

jus wonderin...

MemberMember
(@supermachii)

Posted : 11/14/2011 3:09 pm

I.. Wangod.. believe I have a question you cannot answer..

Tomato.. fruit or not, to eat or not?

Edit: How do the wai celebrate thanksgiving? Live turkey in the dining table.. muhahaha...

MemberMember
(@olympusmons)

Posted : 11/14/2011 3:53 pm

i'm still a bit confused about the eating raw meat part could you explain a bit more about that please? like what meats exactly and how to go about not poisoning yourself? tongue.png

The only meat I know it's safe to eat raw (there are more), for humans, is organic beef. It ain't nothing that new btw... lots of people around the world eat carpaccio and steak tartare. You just gotta make sure that it's very fresh, and comes from a reliable source. This might not be that easy these days, for everyone, that's why in Wai Diet we focus more on fish and eggs, since these are easier to get very fresh and are less likely to have been somehow manipulated.

also i know it's a bit left field but would it be possible to still build muscle on this diet if you were following a weightlifting regime? jus wonderin...

Yes, this is a good diet for building muscle... Make a lot of juice in the morning, and keep sipping it through the day so that your body never has to break down protein for energy. Plus juices are very easy-to-absorb energy, and if you add oil and sugar you will get lots of calories for your workouts.

For instance, 1liter of orange juice with 60ml of olive oil gives you 1000kcal, and that's something very easy to drink and digest!

I.. Wangod.. believe I have a question you cannot answer..

Behold, Wangod! For your now stand before the... Waigod! :D

Tomato.. fruit or not, to eat or not?

Tomatoes are fruits and you can eat them. Same for cucumbers.

Edit: How do the wai celebrate thanksgiving? Live turkey in the dining table.. muhahaha...

At least we wouldn't be stuffing the poor animal's ass with anything...

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 11/15/2011 1:48 pm

If you have ever been around pets, touched anything that wasn't sterile (bathrooms, etc), touched other PEOPLE, etc etc etc and have never done a parasite cleanse than I can absolutely guarantee you ALREADY have parasites. They are very common and most of them can be breathed in from dust/pet dander and don't even come from food. They also are on fresh produce quite often.

So worrying about eating fish is pretty pointless. Just keep your body healthy and do regular parasite cleanse if you're worried about it.

I know a lot of people who had no real reason to think they had parasites but did a cleanse as a part of an overall cleansing program and then were quite surprised to have worms come out... there have been threads on this forum about it if you want to do a search.

Not trying to scare you but it's reality, it's better to accept it and take care of yourself.

MemberMember
(@ihavetaste)

Posted : 12/08/2011 10:41 am

What does this mean? "Too much moisture in the skin pinching off sebum canals"? I just don't understand....

MemberMember
(@olympusmons)

Posted : 12/08/2011 2:20 pm

What does this mean? "Too much moisture in the skin pinching off sebum canals"? I just don't understand....

"As leather needs to be oiled, our skin needs sebum / tallow to remain flexible. This sebum is produced in pockets in the true skin andtransported to the surface of the outer skin through narrow tubes: sebum canals.

If these sebum canals are partially or completely blocked, sebum accumulates in these pockets, and inflammations are caused."

from freeacnebook

What causes sebum canals to be partially or completely blocked (pinched off)? Excessive water pressure, that happens when the skin has too much moisture.

"Extreme water retention is called edema.

In skin-edema the skin contains too much water - increasing the water-pressure in the skin. When water pressure is increased, sebum canals are pinched off. "

from freeacnebook

MemberMember
(@vcpd)

Posted : 12/08/2011 2:35 pm

I haven't heard of the Wai diet, I'll google it.

Vegetables are over-rated for their reported health benefits, though.

MemberMember
(@olympusmons)

Posted : 12/09/2011 1:38 pm

I haven't heard of the Wai diet, I'll google it.

Vegetables are over-rated for their reported health benefits, though.

Good luck!

They sure are.

MemberMember
(@strax)

Posted : 01/09/2012 9:01 pm

No one ever addresses the side of the counter argument when making these diet recommendations. Whats your stance on the fact that fruit is not the same as it was a long time ago.. the constant urination, and the constant eating. were humans really designed to eat all day long, practically non stop?

MemberMember
(@olympusmons)

Posted : 01/10/2012 3:00 pm

Whats your stance on the fact that fruit is not the same as it was a long time ago..

It's true, but it's still the best thing for us to eat.

Just be careful - always peel your fruits, don't eat (too often) berries (they have no peel) and thin-peel fruits like nectarines, grapes, etc. This way you will avoid practically all pesticides and all other pollutants. But if you're gonna eat grains and vegetables, you are definitely gonna be ingesting loads of pesticides, nitrous componds, PLUS the toxins (digestion-inhibiting, mind-altering, and ofc the ones created by heat in cooking) that are natural to these foods and that fruits haven't.

But that question still bothers me, that's why I won't rest until I can supply myself with all traditional agriculture, unmanipulated seeds, high quality fruits.

But till then, I will certainly keep eating based on commercial fruits. It's so much better already.

the constant urination, and the constant eating. were humans really designed to eat all day long, practically non stop?

Constant urination - don't drink water and you'll urinate less. You don't even need to drink water in this diet, unless you eat dried fruit or nuts. I urinate 4-5 times a day, for instance, same as before diet.

Constant eating - this shouldn't be a problem, but a pleasure. You don't need to eat non-stop, you can very well eat like every 1 hour.

But it's still surely unpractical to eat whole fruits that often. That's why most of us in this diet make juices for the whole day, add egg yolks, oils, white sugar, and put it in bottles, in our bags, and keep sipping through the day. Ain't that hard, is it? ;)

But if you wanna eat less times, you can do it on this diet too. Eat on a fat base - egg yolks, avocados, olive oil, coconut oil, nuts, fatty fish, fatty meat...

Fats supply energy very gradually, unlike sugars.

I used to do this in days that I had 4hours of classes in a row, at college, and teachers didn't let me drink juices in classes.

I used to eat a big eggyolk-avocado-banana-oliveoil mix, all mashed up, in the morning, counting about 1000kcal, and I would stand the next 5 hours without eating with no problem.

MemberMember
(@strax)

Posted : 01/11/2012 10:26 pm

the argument with fruit being different now doesn't have to do with pesticides, it has to do with the sugar content of them being much different now than it was.

MemberMember
(@olympusmons)

Posted : 01/12/2012 4:45 pm

the argument with fruit being different now doesn't have to do with pesticides, it has to do with the sugar content of them being much different now than it was.

Yes, that's a result of commercial breeding. But foods being more concentrated in sugar is not bad at all. In nature there has always been more sweet fruits and less sweet. If you gonna eat the sweeter ones, you just gonna eat less (more sugar = more calories) and eat more gradually (and preferentially with some fat) in order not to spike blood glucose levels.

Like, for instance, if you're gonna eat dry figs (50% sugar, comparing to the average 10% of fresh fruit), you're certainly gonna eat a smaller portion, and if you eat it gradually, and with fat, it is a very healthy food.

But you still got some pratically non-sugary fruits (tomato, cucumber and avocado), so if sugar is a problem to you (whatever is the reason of this), you can focus more on these three - they're loaded with vitamins and minerals, so you won't be missing anything (except vitD, vitB12 and cholesterol ofc, which are only present in animal food).

MemberMember
(@marijagre)

Posted : 02/04/2012 2:12 pm

Yeah, I see this diet very extreme. And I think it's really not good to try this in winter time, when there's -30C outside. But when it's spring or summer, I'll definitelly try this! I don't think it's bad, well, except of the illnesses that may be caused by raw eggs and fish, but if you try little by little, your body will have the immunity to those bacteria. But I think that the biggest cons are that it's not good when you need a lot of energy that comes with fats (eg. in winter) and that for example, in my country, there are less local fruits that are not sprayed with chemicals - apples, pears and berries.

MemberMember
(@olympusmons)

Posted : 02/06/2012 7:07 pm

Yeah, I see this diet very extreme. And I think it's really not good to try this in winter time, when there's -30C outside.

Why not?

But when it's spring or summer, I'll definitelly try this! I don't think it's bad, well, except of the illnesses that may be caused by raw eggs and fish, but if you try little by little, your body will have the immunity to those bacteria.

Eggsactly wink.png

Your body will need training, so that it can "get on well" with a bigger ammount of bacteria than what it was used to.

If you wanna eat raw fish you can go a little faster (I guess fish has less bacteria, otherwise sushi restaurants would gotta have a lot of WC's hehe!)

But with raw egg yolks you must go slower. Start with 1/3 of a yolk, and keep adding 1/3 a day until you reach the desired number.

But I think that the biggest cons are that it's not good when you need a lot of energy that comes with fats (eg. in winter)

Why would you ever need a lot of energy that comes with fats? Why in the winter?

And besides, in Wai diet you can get almost 100% of your energy from fats... avocados, egg yolks, olive oil, coconut oil, nuts, fatty fish/meat...!

and that for example, in my country, there are less local fruits that are not sprayed with chemicals - apples, pears and berries.

Avoiding pesticides and all the rest of the bad stuff (pollutants, excess bacteria in the peel due to poor hygiene handling, etc) is indeed something you should be worried about. But for that, just chose thick peel fruits (which is the majority of them) and always peel your fruits.

If you do this, you can eat lots of pesticide sprayed fruits with no problem. Fruit peels are not permeable (except nectarines and a few other species), so pesticides and other residues won't get inside.

MemberMember
(@olympusmons)

Posted : 04/20/2012 4:59 am

Anyone who has any specific doubts, or experiences to tell about the diet, can post here, or join wai talk forum!

MemberMember
(@jenny-p)

Posted : 05/09/2012 1:33 pm

I just st arted this diet today, the sample diet. I'm gonna try it for 2 weeks and see if it works.