Last week I didn't masturbate I got no zits

Second week I didn't masturbate I got zits

Third week I ejaculated once everyday no zits

Fourth week I ejaculated once everyday no zits

I think masturbation doesn't affect me.

MemberMember
(@autonomousone1980)

Posted : 11/14/2012 8:31 pm

there is alot of fat in seminal fluid i believe, perhaps you need more essential fatty acids? that may be one small connection to masturbation and acne. it is absolutly not the cause tho.

MemberMember
(@switch124)

Posted : 11/18/2012 6:02 pm

This thread has gotten quite a few views so I figured I'd give everyone a little update. I still have yet to find any information linking sex/masturbation and poor digestion, which is something I undoubtedly suffer from. Nevertheless, the theories continue. Here they are:

1) Sex activates a large number of nerves in you pelvic region. This activity upsets (corrupts) the nerves connected to the GI tract, causing a slower motility (waste stays in your system too long), which in turn causes a build up of bad bacteria, which in my mind is the root cause of all acne. This also explains why I dont immediately break out, it usually takes a couple days to see the effects.

2) We know that there are progestogen receptors lining the GI tract, I change in hormone levels may have the same effects as described above

3) Sex involves both the parasympathetic and sympathetic nervous system, extensively. An overactive sympathetic nervous system (flight or fight) can lead to increased stress and thus poor digestion, and poor motility.

What I have discovered. I have recently been treated for Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth (30 days of Xifaxan). My acne improved dramatically and sex/masturbation has less of an effect. However, the best time to have sex/masturbate, I have found, is immediately before bed. I can actually get away with very minimal to zero breakout if I engage in sexual activities at night and no more than once a week.

I just broke the rule outlined above. Hence my revived interested in sex - poor digestion - acne.

To prevent a breakout i have taken

Standard Process - Collinsonia Root x 2 (ill likely take another 2). A stimulator of peristalsis. In layman terms it is a laxative but it is not a laxative. This will hopefully keep my digestive processes going

Biotic Research - FC - Cidal x 2 (ill likely take another 2 as well). I would take an enteric coated oregano capsule but I dont have any. The purpose for taking either supplement is to kill/prevent the build up of any bad bacteria (SIBO).

New Chapter - Bone Strength x 2 - includes an ideal balance of plant based calcium and magnesium to support proper absorption. In addition the magnesium, hypothetically, will keep things moving in my GI tract and the calcium will act to keep my body alkaline, sex is argued to provoke GERD symptoms from those who already suffer from it.

My stomach is pretty hot right now. I honestly dont know why. Im going to have a small dinner free of any FODMAP foods, which I do already. I will not shower or wash my face - which I dont do anyway.

Welp, that's me right now. Ill try to report back to you guys in a week or so.

-Switch

MemberMember
(@switch124)

Posted : 01/19/2013 6:29 pm

Found this anyone interested:

" Yes, sexual exhaustion will cause digestive problems mainly through the increased epinephrine, norepinephrine, cortisol, and prostaglandin E2 levels, and in the same time abnormal serotonin, acetylcholine and dopamine levels "

link to source: http://cure-erectile-dysfunction.org/over-masturbation-digestive-problems/358

MemberMember
(@user142279)

Posted : 01/19/2013 9:30 pm

I was disappointed to find out that this thread isn't about masturbating while eating.

MemberMember
(@moonsun)

Posted : 07/20/2013 10:16 am

I have also experienced the link between masturbation and digestive disorders. Obviously not everyone suffers this condition.