Notifications
Clear all

the caveman regimen

MemberMember
(@sunnyadruza)

Posted : 12/28/2018 12:51 am

Day 15 - the spot on the lower right cheek juz vanished by today...wow!!! But my chin is the spotty one...rest of the face is clear...i have a small new spot on the chin...so i have about 4 spots on the chin coz of eating high protein foods...if i avoid them ill hv a clear skin no doubt bou that...so from todaY i will no longer eat legumes regularly, only on certain occasions i will dats all...washing with tap water once a day sometimes twice & letting it air dry or sometimes pat dry with a clean towel...its been 2 weeks since i stopped using cleansers,moisturisers,face packs,scrub & topicals,went cold turkey no transitional products like vinegar or moisturisers(like jan carlos method)...my skin is no longer oily or dry...its juz right...no more painful red cysts....yooohoo :):D freedom !!! My diet is carb rich & low fat fruits,veggies & grains that includes a lot of rice & potatoes...hclf vegan...

MemberMember
(@sunnyadruza)

Posted : 12/29/2018 3:09 am

Day 16 - all the spots on my chin came to a head n now they r all whiteheads...medium to small in size..one of the whiteheads popped n i used a face tissue to gently clear up the pus...today i had frozen peas which is a no no..lets see if it leads to a break out or nt...rest of the face is clear..

MemberMember
(@sunnyadruza)

Posted : 12/30/2018 2:43 am

Day 17 - Will try n update weekly from here on...2 very tiny whiteheads on my left cheek...i've never got whiteheads on my cheeks..this is the first time...no new acne..the ones on the chin are healing well..

MemberMember
(@sunnyadruza)

Posted : 01/05/2019 11:25 am

Day 23 - still on water only regimen...all the spots im getting are transformed to whiteheads & they heal well...no cystic acne...i think its the end of cystic acne for me after following this regimen...its been 3 weeks already & i havent gotten any cystic acne...only whiteheads...as for high protein foods i indulge in them once in a while...not daily though..washed face with cold water in the morng & in the evening i washed with warm water & then follow up with cold water...& pat dry with a towel....i bought Clear Skin Diet by Nina & Randa Nelson...& one of the advice is to use a paper towel to dry your face than your towel...im thinking of doin that..

MemberMember
(@sunnyadruza)

Posted : 01/12/2019 3:30 am

Day 30 - i got about 2-3 painful cystic acne after washing with hot water & steaming my face once...so hot water/steaming is a no no for me..back to cold water & washing only once a day...all the acne i got from eating high proteins & heated water is healing away now..also i applied sandalwood paste on the cystic acne & other acne & it improved the worsened conditions....applied the paste like 3-4 times n washed with cold water...once the whiteheads were cleared i stopped applying the paste..so its been a month for me now using water only regimen..

MemberMember
(@misterfischer)

Posted : 11/21/2020 9:09 pm

Man I wish there were a way to search this thread or somehow organize it in a way that doesn't require reading 40+ pages. I've looked up as much info as I could about this regimen and this post seems to be the most comprehensive in terms of variety of experiences, opinions, etc.

While I'm here I'll add to the knowledge-base. I'm nearing 2 months without using soap or any other products on my face. My face has been relatively clear for the past week + a few days. Hopefully not jinxing it. At this point, I have faith that this regimen may be working for me, and think I've learned some things along the way.

One is that I seem to fare better without exfoliating. And washing my face with water only once or twice a week. I went through some pretty bad cysts on my upper cheek by my right eye and nose somewhere around week 3 or 4. That took a good 2 weeks to heal and I was pretty close to calling it quits. It's mostly gone now, but I think if I get another outbreak that bad without an obvious proximate cause, I might have to call it quits. I'm also wondering if my skin just needed to go through a purge.

That said, I have a feeling it had to do with me irritating that portion of my face in an attempt to exfoliate. I'd heard from a youtube blogger than you want to exfoliate often during the early phases of the caveman regimen. I have gone against that advice since the cysts and think that works better for me. I may have also been too rough or the washcloth I used might have introduced something that caused it. A lot of Dan's acne.org advice seems helpful. Avoid irritating your skin. Irritation = acne. That means do not touch your face. And if you have to touch your face, do not touch it with your hands!

I've been taking pictures of my progress every couple of weeks. I might share it at some point if I can do it more anonymously.

I'll come back to this thread with another update at some point.

MemberMember
(@tellurium)

Posted : 11/23/2020 6:53 pm

This is very interesting. I just wanted to know if this caveman regimen also work for oily skin?

MemberMember
(@misterfischer)

Posted : 11/26/2020 12:53 pm

@tellurium, the theory is that if you're using soap/cleanser, you're stripping your skin of its natural oil, thus teaching your skin to produce more oil to compensate. By stopping soap/cleanser, your skin gradually readjusts to the new normal and produces only the amount of oil it needs.

I'm about 2 months in, and my skin doesn't appear oily. It's not shiny or anything. However, it does leave a residue if I touch my phone to my face or other things. But I think that's normal. Anyway, I had the same issue with moisturizer when I was using that.

MemberMember
(@misterfischer)

Posted : 12/01/2020 2:45 pm

Man, I just got another cyst. And my face reeks. It's smelled for a while now, I just hoped it would go away. But I think it's making me nauseous. I'm wondering if it's my facial hair though. Gonna shave today and see if the smell goes away.

If not, I'm out. I'm almost at 3 months. I had a few days there where my skin was looking pretty good. But that was when it there was a layer of sebum or whatever hiding the red stuff beneath. Starting to think this regimen isn't for me

MemberMember
(@misterfischer)

Posted : 12/04/2020 2:31 pm

I shaved, and it did improve the smell a little. But there was still a faint smell a couple days after.

So I caved last night and decided to use some micellar water after 2 months of using no cleansers. I chose micellar water because I've been reading it basically the gentlest cleanser there is. I can confirm, it didn't irritate or dry out my skin (altough my skin was already dry). And most importantly: my face no longer smells like feet, cheese, or yeast infection

I also used cerave moisturizing cream this morning to help with the dryness a bit.

Going forward, I plan to use only distilled water on my face at night and wiping it off with tissues. And if my face starts to smell again, using the micellar water again.