Notifications
Clear all

No More Jawline Acne!

MemberMember
(@grounded)

Posted : 10/20/2008 8:05 pm

I'm a 30 year old female. Around 4 months ago I started developing persistent jawline acne on the right side of my face, especially near my chin. It was itchy, red with whiteheads, and very ugly. I've heard that jawline acne is caused by hormonal imbalances.

Two weeks ago I restarted my regimen of consuming water with lemon juice and apple cider vinegar, and TA-DA!!! My face is 100% clear. No more acne on the jawline!!!

Whether the lemon water with ACV balances hormones or not, I have no idea. But...I can safely assume it cleanses the kidneys (which indirectly would balance the hormones), because I pee like there's no tomorrow when I drink this mixture. I pee more than I would if I drank an equal amount of water.

Here's how I do it: Into 4 cups of filtered water, place juice of 3 or 4 lemons and 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar. Drink with a straw to protect tooth enamel. Drink the 4 cup mixture twice daily. Pee away!!!

Ind1g0 liked
MemberMember
(@phoenixbalm)

Posted : 04/14/2009 2:42 pm

I'm a 30 year old female. Around 4 months ago I started developing persistent jawline acne on the right side of my face, especially near my chin. It was itchy, red with whiteheads, and very ugly. I've heard that jawline acne is caused by hormonal imbalances.

Two weeks ago I restarted my regimen of consuming water with lemon juice and apple cider vinegar, and TA-DA!!! My face is 100% clear. No more acne on the jawline!!!

Whether the lemon water with ACV balances hormones or not, I have no idea. But...I can safely assume it cleanses the kidneys (which indirectly would balance the hormones), because I pee like there's no tomorrow when I drink this mixture. I pee more than I would if I drank an equal amount of water.

Here's how I do it: Into 4 cups of filtered water, place juice of 3 or 4 lemons and 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar. Drink with a straw to protect tooth enamel. Drink the 4 cup mixture twice daily. Pee away!!!

Thanks a lot - I've just started drinking ACV again, will try with lemon juice, but both my supplies have just run out :o

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 04/14/2009 3:11 pm

Maybe it improved your digestion to where you had less of a reaction to some food you had an intolerance for.

My jawline acne was an allergic reaction.

MemberMember
(@vicariously)

Posted : 11/07/2012 1:36 pm

Thank you for sharing.

MemberMember
(@jarrit)

Posted : 11/07/2012 2:09 pm

I'm going to recommend everything alternativista is doing to get her acne in check.

It's refreshing to know that I am on the right path.

I changed my diet for athletic reasons (cycling), but it actually cleared up my skin better than any topical or pill has.

My diet is a ketogenic diet low in carbohydrates, sugar, and high in saturated fats and good cholesterol. I try and get most of my carbohydrates through green vegetables.

When my skin cleared up as a side effect of my diet, I came back to the holistic forum to report my findings, only to see that other members had the same success through targeting :

- blood sugar

- whole food consumption

- food allergies

This is exciting for me, because I did not ever frequent this forum in the earlier days. To come back to a natural / holistic community that has observed the same skin-clearing phenomenon resulting from dietary changes is very, very comforting.

MemberMember
(@ind1g0)

Posted : 11/07/2012 3:54 pm

Love love loveeeeee apple cider vinegar. There are countless uses for it, internal and external and it has so many benefits. Everyone should be taking it for a daily dose of health!!

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 11/12/2012 8:33 am

It can help manage blood sugar which means it helps balance hormones. Especially when consumed before meals. It also improves digestive tract health which also affects acne.

However, jawline acne is no more likely to be due to hormones than acne anywhere else. Except in the case of an allergy or pores clogged by topicals or pollutants, hormones are always involved. And there's a relationship between androgens and histamine so really, hormones may be involved in allergic reactions as well.