Notifications
Clear all

what i found about IgE vs. IgG food allergies..

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 06/22/2012 10:35 am

I found this comment in a discussion forum. I've no idea how valid any of it is. The blog makes the claim that many allergies are the result of nutrient deficiencies. This is about citrus, but there's plenty more about other foods.

A little info on citrus allergies

Oranges, lemons, grapefruit, tangerines, cantaloupe, tomatoes, and pineapple can be very allergenic when Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B-5) is deficient. Stress or trauma will cause the Adrenal Glands to burn up a great deal of Pantothenic Acid, which frequently results in the Citrus Allergy. This can occur with mental and emotional stress. The mineral antidote for the Citrus Allergy is Calcium, and the amino acid is Serine.
Allergies to the Nightshades, such as potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant and tobacco, can often cause arthritis or aggravate existing arthritis. Many nutritionists believe that the way to correct the allergies is to have the person eliminate these foods from the diet. The awareness that these foods can be antagonistic is good, but the theory of diet elimination is not completely sound.

An allergy to peppers is caused by a deficiency in Niacinamide/Niacin, and an allergy to tomatoes (and citrus fruits) is generally caused by a deficiency in Pantothenic Acid. One of the best sources of these two vitamins is Royal Jelly which contains 500 mg. Of Pantothenic Acid and 500 mg. Of Niacinamide in one 100 mg. capsule. It is a very good source of these nutrients because it is natural and easily absorbed. The mineral antidote for Pepper Allergy is Phosphorus and amino acid LGlutamine.

Citric acid intolerance is not the same as citrus allergy. Citrus allergy sufferers respond to substances specific to citrus fruits such as limonene or specific proteins found in the fruits, whereas citric acid intolerant people react only to citric acid, which is found in a number of fruits and even some vegetables, and is used as a food additive.

Citric acid intolerance is not a "true" food allergy - that is, it's not an autoimmune response to a chemical in food. Intolerances occur when the body lacks some chemical or enzyme necessary for it to properly digest a particular substance: one of the most common is lactose intolerance, which is caused by a genetic difference which makes the body of a sufferer unable to produce the enzyme lactase. Currently, I don't know what quirk of body chemistry makes people intolerant to citric acid - but I do know that the problem runs in my family!

It's important to manage food intolerances as the body's negative response to the food in question can damage the lining of the gut and impair digestion (particularly true of coeliacs). This in turn can predispose the sufferer to acquire true allergies, as poorly digested food proteins enter the bloodstream through the damaged gut wall and the immune system is exposed to unusually high levels of them.

The important difference between a food intolerance and a food allergy is that an allergic response will occur in exactly the same way however small a quantity of the allergen a person eats, for example in peanut allergy where even a trace of peanut can induce anaphylactic shock. Food intolerances, on the other hand, cause problems only in proportion to the amount of the problem substance you've eaten: lactose intolerant people, for example, are commonly reckoned to be able to "get away with" up to 250ml of milk a day without suffering severe symptoms. However, since some food intolerances can damage the gut and contribute to allergy problems - and particularly since information about citric acid intolerance is so hard to get hold of - I tend to treat citric acid intolerance as analogous to coeliac disease, and to avoid citric acid completely. Sources: http://southsidepride.com/0201/herbal.html

The antidote to citrus allergy: Citrus AllergyVitamin B-5; Mineral Calcium; Amino Acid Serine; Herbs Comfrey and Royal Jelly.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 04/28/2013 3:12 pm

I just noticed that there are two possible reasons citrus may cause/contribute to acne in this thread, posted by me. Why didn't they get recorded in my brain. Especially considering that it applies to me.

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 06/07/2013 9:11 am

I also had an ALCAT test done... so does this mean that the MILDER allergies are the ones that cause the cysts and acne, while the more severe/moderate allergies give other reactions?

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 06/07/2013 10:31 am

I also had an ALCAT test done... so does this mean that the MILDER allergies are the ones that cause the cysts and acne, while the more severe/moderate allergies give other reactions?

IgE mediated responses are immediate and cause the rashes, hives, swelling and anaphylactic shock that most people associate with allergies. Other antibodies are involved in delayed reactions that cause other symptoms including acne, although this is the type I'm saying isn't true acne.

And then there's the cell mediated responses referred To as type IV that recent researchers and scientists have started believing causes the whole process. True acne. And I don't think it's just things you are intolerant to. I think it's also diet and lifestyle habits that trigger the release of pro inflammatory things. Cykoteines, ROS, etc.

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 06/07/2013 10:42 am

IgE mediated responses are immediate and cause the rashes, hives, swelling and anaphylactic shock that most people associate with allergies. Other antibodies are involved in delayed reactions that cause other symptoms including acne, although this is the type I'm saying isn't true acne.

And then there's the cell mediated responses referred To as type IV that recent researchers and scientists have started believing causes the whole process. True acne. And I don't think it's just things you are intolerant to. I think it's also diet and lifestyle habits that trigger the release of pro inflammatory things. Cykoteines, ROS, etc.

Ic.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 02/18/2014 9:01 am

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3537725/

Paper about citrus allergies. Names some of the proteins in oranges. Perhaps I can use that info to determine what citrus I can eat.