Notifications
Clear all

Evening Primrose Oil

MemberMember
(@starrybabe21)

Posted : 09/08/2006 5:11 am

Everyone PLEASE PLEASE listen to me :)

Get Cod Liver Oil - PURE cod liver oil, not flavoured or anything else, follow the adult recommendations and be amazed :D

Sure the stuff taste awful , but im now clear from acne, its MAD :D😀

I still take evening primrose ( 2 morning, 2 evening) but the cod liver oil every morning after breakfast has cleared me!!

IMPORTANT tho - DO NOT take ANY mulitivitamins while taking cod liver oil AT ALL!!! because it is high in Vitamins A and D and you risk toxic levels ..and dont up the dosage to get better results, it will take approx a week to see results but i swear you will not regret it!!!!!

Its really cheap too, im just telling everyone this because it worked for me and i know how great it feels to be acne free! The main thing in it is EFA's that probably help but Vit A and D are EXCELLENT for good skin and remember DONT scrub your skin just steam every night, you may get a little breakout but PLEASE try leave spots along...

When you get your results SPREAD THE WORD :D

MemberMember
(@leash)

Posted : 09/24/2006 10:57 pm

Hi all,

I know people are posting with amazing cures all the time so I don't want to say that this is going to 'cure' everyone's acne and it is 'the' treatment for everyone. However, I do want to share my results b/c they've been a shock to me.

Just for a short background, I've had acne for 10 years tried everything. The only thing that ever worked was Diane 35. However, I react badly to bc pills so I had to quit and my acne came back worse than ever afterwards. I was almost at the point of doing another treatment of accutane when I read somewhere that evening primrose oil can regulate hormones and help with acne. I thought, well since I know that my accutane is related to hormones, I should try this....knowing that I've tried a million supplements before that were supposed to "cure" acne. So three weeks ago I started taking 500mg of evening primrose oil with 15 IU's of vitamin E every day. (I also take a multivitamin and Vitamin A everyday). I figured it's probably not going to work so I start scheduling my appointments to get myself accutane.

Three weeks later and I can't believe it. My skin is clearing. Right now I only have 2 active pimples. The rest of my face is clearing (no active acne, just scars slowly fading). I can't believe this. I've tried everything and this thing I decided to just throw in for kicks is actually working.

I don't know that this is going to work for everyone since I know my acne is hormone related, but if your acne is related to hormones i would suggest adding this to your supplements. It's great b/c you don't have to change your regiment at all.

Good luck to anyone else who tries evening primrose oil.

Hi! congrats on the Evening Primose clearing your skin! I'm currently on Diane 35, but am terrified to go off it, because I know that acne can get worse afterwards. I'm just wondering if you tried Accutane, and if it worked for you. Also, how long were you off Diane when your skin started breaking out?

Thanks for the info!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/24/2006 11:31 pm

Sorry perhaps i wasnt clear- what i mean is that addressing unbalanced hormones really is the only way I have ever found to stably clear my acne. I had acne for eight years up until I addressed the hormones with GLA. I spent thousands on acne products...

Im happy there are people who have also cleared their skin with GLA and not got trapped into the false cures that are around on the internet.

MemberMember
(@case-n)

Posted : 09/25/2006 12:25 am

Sorry perhaps i wasnt clear- what i mean is that addressing unbalanced hormones really is the only way I have ever found to stably clear my acne. I had acne for eight years up until I addressed the hormones with GLA. I spent thousands on acne products...

Im happy there are people who have also cleared their skin with GLA and not got trapped into the false cures that are around on the internet.

False cures? Are you saying that GLA is a cure?

hahahahahahahahahahaha

MemberMember
(@melfice2k)

Posted : 09/25/2006 1:38 am

EFA works for balance hormones . YES! Key is I think GLA but with all 3 best oil combin it should work : Flax Seed Oil , Borage & Primrose (Extra Oils can be added example Fish oil) And for sure to control correct PROSTAGLANDINS!! It would make hormone regulation and cell growth control. BINGO

[Image Removed]

[Image Removed]

PS Extra:

Fatty Acids

Related Topic

They are nutritional substances found in nature which include cholesterol, prostaglandins, and stearic, palmitic, linoleic, linolenic, eicosapentanoic (EPA), and decohexanoic acids..."

Essential Fatty Acids

As A Treatment

"...EFAs play their essential roles by ... Serving as starting material for hormone-like regulating molecules (prostaglandins) that govern cell activities on a moment-to-moment basis..."

GLA (Gamma Linolenic Acid)

As A Treatment

"...DGLA is essential for the production of prostaglandin E1, an important hormone-like chemical that reduces inflammation, boosts immunity, lowers blood pressure, keeps platelets from sticking together, and improves blood vessel tone..."

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/25/2006 9:14 am

False cures? Are you saying that GLA is a cure?

hahahahahahahahahahaha

Laugh all you want. I tried a hundred different products and regimes and diets and therapies and nothing cured me. I think people try to make acne more complicated than it needs to be (due to saturation of information on it). I just go with whats workable and what cured me and others around me.

Maybe you have tried it and didnt get results. But did you know that GLA oils are nearly impossible to be absorbed without lecithin? Did you take it with lecithin?

There is more to GLA but I'll leave it at that.

EFA works for balance hormones . YES! BINGO

And unbalanced hormones is the root cause of acne. Everything else is an after effect, i.e. inflammation, excessive oil production, overworked liver, unstable blood sugar levels etc etc.

My advice to anyone with acne is to address the ROOT CAUSE. How do I know it is the root cause? Because by addressing it my acne cleared completely. By addressing other 'root causes' my acne didnt clear. And I passed on this advice to half a dozen other people I know who had chronic acne and guess what, it worked for them. So with the data I have so far (6 out of 6) I am willing to say GLA is the cure.

MemberMember
(@melfice2k)

Posted : 09/25/2006 10:40 am

Yes for EFA's fully absorb makes when you take Lecithin. (I dont buy lecithin supplement just take raw egg yokes 1-2 time a day) + For protect EFA on body I take Selenium.

----

Yes well.. In my opionion Hormonel imbalance just dont couse acne. It is couse when you have any problem (such a toxins on blood , Colon problems , kidney , bacteria etc ..) So with hormonel imbalance + any kind of problem are merge and couse ACNE. So for sure balancing hormone would keep you clear from acne.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/25/2006 10:52 am

It is couse when you have any problem (such a toxins on blood , Colon problems , kidney , bacteria etc ..) S

I did address these problems without any improvement in my acne.

(I dont buy lecithin supplement just take raw egg yokes 1-2 time a day) + For protect EFA on body I take Selenium.

I agree. Raw Egg yokes are a good idea for replacing lecithin supplementation and selenium is a good protector of EFAs.

So for sure balancing hormone would keep you clear from acne.

Its the only way I have ever done it after 8 years!

MemberMember
(@melfice2k)

Posted : 09/25/2006 10:57 am

Well for me worked ... Example even cleaning my colons from 1 time made my body acnes gone ... So I am rooted to symptoms and now I clear but only have problem with zits on for head and for sure I get when I eat heated oils or red meat.. It is for sure.. Anyways I'm now FREE ACNE :)

-------------

someoneinengland do you take any other supplements ?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/25/2006 11:00 am

borage oil & lecithin

thats it

MemberMember
(@melfice2k)

Posted : 09/25/2006 11:05 am

Just curious you take as liqud or capsule?

borage oil & lecithin

thats it

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/25/2006 11:07 am

capsules

1200mg/day GLA

2000mg lecithin/day

MemberMember
(@melfice2k)

Posted : 09/25/2006 11:21 am

Oh Ic before I took any oil by capsule than read on sites that taking by fluid makes easy absorb anyways now I took by fluid..

Question: How is you face condition I mean oily or normal dry? Or maybe before was oily now no?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/25/2006 11:33 am

My skin is normal.

Before I treated myself with GLA I was both oily and dry! Which one would depend on the time of year, sunshine/no sunshine, my diet etc etc. It was very temperamental and would go from one extreme to the next all the time.

MemberMember
(@frumpybumpy)

Posted : 09/25/2006 7:04 pm

I've been taking 1 - 2 Tablespoons of FLAX seed oil daily with meals. I'm thinking of adding flax seed meal to my foods. My blood pressure and pulse are great but I haven't noticed any improvement to my acned face.

What is your opinion of this?

SHould I combine this with Lecithin? Or dump the Flax oil and take GLA, Borage or Evening Primrose ? What's best?

THANK YOU

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/25/2006 10:43 pm

I would drop the flaxseed and pick up a good quality source of borage oil- its better than evening primrose oil as it contain more GLA %.

Flaxseed is a wonderful food source with many great benefits, but when i tested it it didnt clear my acne; lecithin or no lecithin.

MemberMember
(@melfice2k)

Posted : 09/25/2006 11:13 pm

Yeh only taking Flaxseed oil wont help you to be clear..

MemberMember
(@mommalove)

Posted : 09/26/2006 9:11 am

Handsbella - I'm not sure. Like I said in my original post, I don't claim this is a cure all for everyone. I just happened to have a great response to it.

Some thoughts I have are:

Do you take it with food, b/c I was told that's important?

Also, maybe your acne is not hormone related?

It's not that I still don't have a breakout at all, b/c I do have a couple small pimples. However, in comparison to before taking EPO, my face is much much better. And I still use all the products I was using before, like BP and Tazorac.

>You are SUPPOSE to take it with food? I also heard to take EPO or Starflower oil/Borage oil WITH MILK...very much more helpful than with water....better results I guess.....

"Even though it's only been a couple of days since I posted, I am thoroughly disappointed. My acne is still much better from the EPO, but now my stomach problems are worse and it looks like I am going to have to quit taking it. There are times when I say my skin is more important than the rest of my health, but when I'm sick to my stomach 3 days in a row, i realize having a healthy, almost-normal life might be more important. If anyone else has had this reaction to EPO, please let me know. I fear I'm just an oddball. :(

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/26/2006 10:19 am

If you were taking Flaxseed oil it causes a laxative effect and would account for the stomach aches. If it was fish oil then it might have been off. Did you store the oil in a fridge?

MemberMember
(@ctb85)

Posted : 09/26/2006 10:21 am

someoneinengland,

Do you know how taking Borage oil capsules with milk helps acne? Pretty much all of us on here have heard that dairy promotes more acne, and we've been told to avoid it. I'm interested to hear your thoughts on this.

MemberMember
(@mommalove)

Posted : 09/26/2006 10:34 am

someoneinengland,

Do you know how taking Borage oil capsules with milk helps acne? Pretty much all of us on here have heard that dairy promotes more acne, and we've been told to avoid it. I'm interested to hear your thoughts on this.

Good question....although, I tried to go without milk for a extended period of time and never found it to HELP my skin at all! I love my milk and glad I'm drinking it again! Never did me any good without it.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/26/2006 10:51 am

Fat substances need to be taken with fat food products to be absorbed. By taking milk (a fat food product) with the oil it maximises the absorption of the oil. Taking the oil with water will mean the oil doesnt get absorbed as well- the effectiveness will be at only 5-10% this way.

There are many ways to take borage oil but i have found the more fat you take with it the better. The best combo is with milk just before a fat-contaning meal. The worse combo is with water just before a non-fat containing meal- or even worse just with water and no food!

As for milk promting acne, well in large quantities it may aggravate acne due to the casin and congesting factors of milk, but what Im taking about is just 2 or 3 gulps to swallow down the capsules. This wont aggravate acne in such small quantities unless of cause you have some kind of allergy to milk, in which case take soy milk or rice milk.

MemberMember
(@melfice2k)

Posted : 09/26/2006 10:59 am

How much GLA on Borage oil? I am take EFA that contain 290ml

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/26/2006 11:42 am

20-22% Gla in borage oil. So 1000mg of borage typically contains 200-220mg GLA.

MemberMember
(@mdp703)

Posted : 09/26/2006 1:42 pm

:D wow! I didn't think people were still posting to this. It's been a while since I've been here, but I am sooooo happy to hear that some people have had a great response to EPO. It worked so well for me, I'm frustrated that I can't take it. Some specific comments for people:

Leash - I did try accutane when I was about 18 (I'm 24 now) and I had a good response as my acne decreased quite a bit, but it didn't clear my face completely. Diane 35 cleared me completelyl, but I had to quit it b/c I got severe cramping as a side effect - related to my endometriosis. I really liked the EPO, but still months later I am no longer taking it even though I know it works for me. The side effects were just too much.

Mommalove - mine were much like cramping as well. I feel much better not on the EPO even thoigh I wish I could take it.

someoneinengland - it's possible that it was related to the laxative like effect, but I also had severe cramping so for me it was more likely the hormone changes as that seems to cause me most problems

Thanks everyone for your feedback. Please continue to post your progress. It's so nice to hear people having good experiences. :)