Notifications
Clear all

*`*~FABULOUS Skin Food (GREEN SMOOTHIES)~*`*

MemberMember
(@abg-fairy)

Posted : 08/10/2006 12:55 am

How do you make these green smoothies? Do you just add a bunch of canned vegetables in a blender and mix. I am capable of eating pretty nasty things as long as they are healthy. I should be on Fear Factor. Lay it on me!!!

LOL!! 😀 Well then, you should definitely try them! They actually taste good, but I'm sure you could make them taste nasty if you really wanted to. haha Directions for making them are in my first post. 🙂 Hope you like them!

What's wrong with eating oatmeal and raw canned tuna for breakfast?

😯

Canned tuna is high in mercury and other toxins - best to stay away from it. 🙂

Thanks again Independent thinker! ....maby I could buy some "green" pills and try while I wait.

As for the food discussion I think itAs importent to remember that it seams to be different for everyone...

You just have to figure out whatAs right for you. But that doesnAt seam to be the easiesd thing! Not for me anyway....

Sure! 🙂 Wouldn't hurt to try the green pills, but don't expect great results. You're right, different things work for different people. I still stick to my statement though of saying that green smoothies are more beneficial than just water alone. 😉 I'm really curious to know how many others might benefit from the smoothies. My thinking is that it's the natural form of accutane, because it is so full of vitamin A (but the natural, safe kind!). Because of this, I really do believe that everyone's skin would probably benefit from this and that acne problems would go away, but regardless, there are so many health benefits to the smoothies, that they're worth doing anyway! 🙂

Interesting points about the warm honey water and yogurt - I believe there are SO many complexities when it comes to acne. The smoothies are currently just "masking" my symptoms (in a healthy way of course), but there is obviously something internally imbalanced going on that is causing me to break out when I don't do the smoothies. Doing internal cleanses, taking acidolphilus (like in yogurt), balancing my hormones and eating a balanced, pure diet are just a few things that come to mind that I believe would help.

Oh, Independent T! I came up with one more question:)! I just reread your first post and saw that you put flax oil in your smoothies or take it before you drink. Are yous sure that the fat isnAt what have made you clear? Did you continue taking the oil those two weeks? Because A LOT of people get clear from just taking a spoon of flax oil or some other good oil (like fish oil or primerose oil). Just to be sure! Oil didnAt work for me.

Actually, haha, I just put that tip on there because I read of the benefits. It's smart of you to pick up on that, but to be honest, I never put flax in my smoothies, and I ran out of flax and fish oil a little over a month ago, and I haven't been taking any oils since then. I wasn't consistent at all about taking them anyway. For several months, my smoothies consisted of fruit, greens, water, and nothing else. I have tested the smoothies out several different times. Each time I stop them, I will start breaking out in a few days. The smoothies are definitely the reason I have stopped breaking out... that's why I'm so passionate about sharing this information with others. 🙂

Interesting. I'm pretty good with smoothies for bulking, but I'm on a cut phase and this sounds interesting.

Great! I hope you like the smoothies! 🙂

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/10/2006 8:06 am

I also adore your signature Bible verse independent thinker! I've always liked that verse. :D

MemberMember
(@abg-fairy)

Posted : 08/10/2006 12:00 pm

I also adore your signature Bible verse independent thinker! I've always liked that verse. 😀

Ah, thank you! I think no matter what religion, everyone can benefit from this verse - life really is a more joyful world when we focus on the good things! 🙂

MemberMember
(@no-im-amy)

Posted : 08/10/2006 12:20 pm

I made a different smoothie this time- 1 apple, a banana, 4 cups of water, and some greens. This time it tasted good but last time was icky.

MemberMember
(@abg-fairy)

Posted : 08/10/2006 12:30 pm

I made a different smoothie this time- 1 apple, a banana, 4 cups of water, and some greens. This time it tasted good but last time was icky.

I'm so glad you liked it this time!! Adding frozen fruit really helps with the flavor too - I love adding cinnamon as well. SO glad you liked your smoothie!! 🙂 I'm guessing it made around 7 cups? You can put half in the refigerator to enjoy the next day. I just pour the extra into glasses so that I can go ahead and immediately rinse out the blender.

MemberMember
(@no-im-amy)

Posted : 08/10/2006 12:45 pm

I'm so glad you liked it this time!! Adding frozen fruit really helps with the flavor too - I love adding cinnamon as well. SO glad you liked your smoothie!! 🙂 I'm guessing it made around 7 cups? You can put half in the refigerator to enjoy the next day. I just pour the extra into glasses so that I can go ahead and immediately rinse out the blender.

I made 3 of the 14 oz cups. I'm going to save the last cup for tomorrow so hopefully it's still there in the morning. My dad went to the store without me so I didn't get much fruit. Maybe I can ask for some more or somehow WALK to the store myself.

MemberMember
(@abg-fairy)

Posted : 08/10/2006 1:50 pm

Maybe I can ask for some more or somehow WALK to the store myself.

I hope you can get some more fruit soon!! 🙂 I guess you could always just blend the lettuce with some water and shug it down. hahaha Hmm... maybe with some lemon juice it wouldn't be all that bad! Probably better to wait for the fruit though... hehe

I made another "disguised" green smoothie for my brother today that was absolutely amazing!! It actually had a fairly good amount of spinach too, and you couldn't tell at all. It was one plum, frozen raspberries, frozen pineapple, frozen tropical fruit mix, spinach, honey, vanilla flavoring, water, and lots of cinnamon. Oh my gosh... it was soooooo good!!

MemberMember
(@spotted-dick)

Posted : 08/10/2006 2:43 pm

Super cool. I just bought me a blender and im already loving it!!

I dont have any references for the following but a doctor claimed that if you "chew" you protein shake, the extra spit in your mouth will improve the digestion of the nutrients. I guess itAAs the same with vegi/fruits shakes!!

If someone knows more about this, let us know.

(written while slamming a: mixed berries, apple and broccoli shake.)

MemberMember
(@annaa)

Posted : 08/10/2006 5:58 pm

Ooh I wouldn‚´t mind having you as a brother I. T.! Making all those delicious smoothies!! And now I‚´m a 100% beliver in that it is the smoothies that has cleared you. I actually managed to convince myself yesterday that it must have been the flax oil that cured you. I can get really pesemistic when I‚´ve been very optemistic about something in the beginning. But now I‚´m optemist again!!!

So what are you going to do in the future when you travell somewhere? Maby it would be possible to just mix a lot of greens, put them in a big bottle and mix it out with bougt juice. Or would that be crazy?! Yes it would probably be crazy...:)

Sorry for my bad spelling! I‚´m not really english speaking.

MemberMember
(@abg-fairy)

Posted : 08/10/2006 7:25 pm

LOL... that's great! haha Chewing is definitely a good thing, as it helps to pre-digest your food. That's one of the reasons they say it's good to eat slowly. Glad you're liking the smoothies!

Ooh I wouldnAt mind having you as a brother I. T.! Making all those delicious smoothies!! ...now IAm optemist again!!!

So what are you going to do in the future when you travell somewhere?

Well, I'd have to be your sister instead your brother. 😉 haha I'm glad you're excited about them again! Yes... traveling is a big concern of mine!! If I were to go away for say, two weeks, I guess I'd find a smoothie cafe, buy some greens and ask them to add the greens to my smoothie (all the while expecting very odd looks from the employees, haha). Either that or I could stay somewhere that has a kitchenette and a blender (or maybe just bring a small, miniature blender or something... I think I've seen those). Your English is very good, by the way! I hadn't suspected even once that it wasn't your first language!

MemberMember
(@necromancer)

Posted : 08/10/2006 7:33 pm

LOL... that's great! haha Chewing is definitely a good thing, as it helps to pre-digest your food. That's one of the reasons they say it's good to eat slowly. Glad you're liking the smoothies!

Ooh I wouldnAt mind having you as a brother I. T.! Making all those delicious smoothies!! ...now IAm optemist again!!!

So what are you going to do in the future when you travell somewhere?

Well, I'd have to be your sister instead your brother. 😉 haha I'm glad you're excited about them again! Yes... traveling is a big concern of mine!! If I were to go away for say, two weeks, I guess I'd find a smoothie cafe, buy some greens and ask them to add the greens to my smoothie (all the while expecting very odd looks from the employees, haha). Either that or I could stay somewhere that has a kitchenette and a blender (or maybe just bring a small, miniature blender or something... I think I've seen those). Your English is very good, by the way! I hadn't suspected even once that it wasn't your first language!

Has anyone tried drinking egg beaters instead of wasting time and cooking eggs?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/11/2006 8:11 am

I am now addicted to these smoothies. :D

Today I made it the same as my first one, but I used less spinach and added a whole bunch of fresh shredded cabbage, used more cinnamon, and didn't use any honey at all and it was even BETTER than the first one! YUM!

MemberMember
(@preciosa82)

Posted : 08/11/2006 11:18 am

You should try wheatgrass juice. Its full of chlorophyll and helps with blemishes a lot. Its better to buy seeds and grow it yourself. Then juice it and incorporate it into your smoothies.

MemberMember
(@annaa)

Posted : 08/11/2006 12:52 pm

Well, I'd have to be your sister instead your brother. haha I'm glad you're excited about them again! Yes... traveling is a big concern of mine!! If I were to go away for say, two weeks, I guess I'd find a smoothie cafe, buy some greens and ask them to add the greens to my smoothie (all the while expecting very odd looks from the employees, haha). Either that or I could stay somewhere that has a kitchenette and a blender (or maybe just bring a small, miniature blender or something... I think I've seen those). Your English is very good, by the way! I hadn't suspected even once that it wasn't your first language!

Sister is just as good!! I have two of those. I wonder if they would like me two make smoothies for them. I guess I would have to learn to make them for my self first!

We donAt have those smoothie cafes here in Sweden yet. But IAve seen them in the US and everything looks so delicious! DonAt thay sell that wheatgrass juice (Preciosa82?) in those places? Maby that could be a good substitute when travelling. I can really feel the looks your talking about!!

I canAt help thinking that one importent thing in all this is the chlorophyll. Because all those greens used in the smoothies (spinich, romane, wheatgrass, broccoli...) are dark green because of the chlorophyll. Well I donAt know....

Thank you I.T. for complimenting on my english! That made me real happy:)!! Even thogh I should be able to make some sentences after all those years of reading it in school....

MemberMember
(@preciosa82)

Posted : 08/11/2006 12:58 pm

Well, I'd have to be your sister instead your brother. haha I'm glad you're excited about them again! Yes... traveling is a big concern of mine!! If I were to go away for say, two weeks, I guess I'd find a smoothie cafe, buy some greens and ask them to add the greens to my smoothie (all the while expecting very odd looks from the employees, haha). Either that or I could stay somewhere that has a kitchenette and a blender (or maybe just bring a small, miniature blender or something... I think I've seen those). Your English is very good, by the way! I hadn't suspected even once that it wasn't your first language!

Sister is just as good!! I have two of those. I wonder if they would like me two make smoothies for them. I guess I would have to learn to make them for my self first!

We donAt have those smoothie cafes here in Sweden yet. But IAve seen them in the US and everything looks so delicious! DonAt thay sell that wheatgrass juice (Preciosa82?) in those places? Maby that could be a good substitute when travelling. I can really feel the looks your talking about!!

I canAt help thinking that one importent thing in all this is the chlorophyll. Because all those greens used in the smoothies (spinich, romane, wheatgrass, broccoli...) are dark green because of the chlorophyll. Well I donAt know....

Thank you I.T. for complimenting on my english! That made me real happy:)!! Even thogh I should be able to make some sentences after all those years of reading it in school....

Anna- I think its better to grow the wheatgrass yourself and juice it yourself. This way <i>you</i> know what you're drinking. Plus wheatgrass is the most concentrated way of drinking chlorophyll. Read up on it.

MemberMember
(@abg-fairy)

Posted : 08/11/2006 1:08 pm

I am now addicted to these smoothies. 😀

Yea!!!! That's so great! 🙂 I LOVE putting cinnamon in mine, and cinnamon has so many wonderful health benefits!

You should try wheatgrass juice. Its full of chlorophyll and helps with blemishes a lot. Its better to buy seeds and grow it yourself. Then juice it and incorporate it into your smoothies.

Adding wheatgrass to smoothies would be great!! I will look into growing it! Thanks!

Chlorophyll is a very important part of drinking the greens!! If you go to www.rawfamily.com, you can read more about them. Victoria Boutenko is who came up with the brilliant idea of green smoothies. If you click on articles, you can read her "Ode to Green Smoothies" article. Her book, "Green for Life" is all about the smoothies. Oh, and you DO make English sentences! Seriously, you write just like a native speaker would! 🙂

MemberMember
(@preciosa82)

Posted : 08/11/2006 1:20 pm

Independent Thinker said:
ThereIsHope said:

I am now addicted to these smoothies. :D

Yea!!!! That's so great! :) I LOVE putting cinnamon in mine, and cinnamon has so many wonderful health benefits!

preciosa82 said:

Adding wheatgrass to smoothies would be great!! I will look into growing it! Thanks!

Annaa said:

I can‚´t help thinking that one importent thing in all this is the chlorophyll. Because all those greens used in the smoothies (spinich, romane, wheatgrass, broccoli...) are dark green because of the chlorophyll. Well I don‚´t know....

Chlorophyll is a very important part of drinking the greens!! If you go to www.rawfamily.com, you can read more about them. Victoria Boutenko is who came up with the brilliant idea of green smoothies. If you click on articles, you can read her "Ode to Green Smoothies" article. Her book, "Green for Life" is all about the smoothies. Oh, and you DO make English sentences! Seriously, you write just like a native speaker would! :)

I found this site about wheatgrass............... [Removed]

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/11/2006 1:47 pm

Hey independent thinker! You said in your first post that it wasn't good to do spinach smoothies every day because of "oxalates". What is that?

MemberMember
(@abg-fairy)

Posted : 08/12/2006 3:51 pm

Thanks for the site Preciosa!

Hey independent thinker! You said in your first post that it wasn't good to do spinach smoothies every day because of "oxalates". What is that?

MemberMember
(@5fiive5)

Posted : 08/12/2006 7:05 pm

I used to drink that all the time. my acne was horrible. I'd have atleast 12-16 oz per day. Once i stopped drinking it so much it got a little better... probly cause all the sugar in it.

I've have also experimented with wheatgrass daily for four years--found it made no difference in my acne.. but was extremely healthy.

MemberMember
(@abg-fairy)

Posted : 08/12/2006 8:14 pm

I used to drink that all the time. my acne was horrible. I'd have atleast 12-16 oz per day. Once i stopped drinking it so much it got a little better... probly cause all the sugar in it.

I've have also experimented with wheatgrass daily for four years--found it made no difference in my acne.. but was extremely healthy.

16 oz. a day really isn't enough to make a difference if you had horrible acne. Greens wouldn't make your acne worse, and the greens actually balance out the sugar of the fruits, so that shouldn't have been a problem either. It might be that you were drinking mostly fruit with only few greens. What did your smoothies consist of? Were you using vegetables, like broccoli, instead of greens?

Wheatgrass isn't good to do long term, just like with other greens. You need variety. Doing the wheatgrass long term might have been your problem. I'm surprised you were able to drink it everyday without getting naseous after a while. All greens have different types of low doses of alkaloids. Victoria Boutenko, the founder of green smoothies, talks of the dangers of doing too much of one green. It's important to rotate. With you, there must have been a third variable going on - I'm certain that greens would have helped and were not the problem, except that perhaps didn't have enough variety.

MemberMember
(@handsbella)

Posted : 08/13/2006 12:43 am

Hi, is it possible to plant the wheatgrass ourselves? Or it needs special thing to plant?

I have been hoping so much to plant it myself... I wonder is it possible or not???

MemberMember
(@annaa)

Posted : 08/14/2006 6:49 pm

Chlorophyll is a very important part of drinking the greens!! If you go to www.rawfamily.com, you can read more about them. Victoria Boutenko is who came up with the brilliant idea of green smoothies. If you click on articles, you can read her "Ode to Green Smoothies" article. Her book, "Green for Life" is all about the smoothies. Oh, and you DO make English sentences! Seriously, you write just like a native speaker would!

I actually found that "Ode to green smoothies" a couple of days ago when I first read your post and googled on green smoothies. It was good! I really hope I can start doing them soon!

Have you noticed any other good "side effects" from the smoothies? Maby like lesser cramps during your period (sorry for beening personal but I have noticed that many of us girls with acne have problems during that time...I have)?

And had you tried a lot of stuff for your acne problem before the smoothies, that didnAt work?

My questions are never ending, I know...

IAm so glad you think I write like a native!! But the spelling is hard. And sometimes I donAt write stuff because I canAt find the right words. I love to speak english, but I donAt get the chanse very often.

MemberMember
(@abg-fairy)

Posted : 08/14/2006 10:33 pm

I actually found that "Ode to green smoothies" a couple of days ago when I first read your post and googled on green smoothies. It was good! I really hope I can start doing them soon!

Have you noticed any other good "side effects" from the smoothies?

And had you tried a lot of stuff for your acne problem before the smoothies, that didnAt work?

IAm so glad you think I write like a native!! But the spelling is hard. And sometimes I donAt write stuff because I canAt find the right words. I love to speak english, but I donAt get the chanse very often.

Hi Annaa! Glad you find the article, and I hope you can start doing them soon too! 🙂

I hate to disappoint you by saying I haven't really noticed other good side effects, because so many people do. I do think my sense of well-being has increased though - greens are very calming and are a great brain food. I actually think I haven't been using enough greens or enough variety. I'm hoping that by using more greens in my smoothies and more varieties (besides just spring mix, romaine and spinach) that maybe I'll start noticing some other changes. A lot of people experience a big increase in energy, and that would be great! Not breaking out though is just so fabulous and a good enough reason for me to want to continue them (and of course knowing that they are full of nutrition that my body needs anyway), because when my blemishes started leaving behind scars, I was really concerned what my skin would look like after a while, as I had always had beautiful skin. For about a year, I tried several different skin care lines - nothing helped until I started drinking a quart of green smoothie everyday (took about 6 weeks to clear the scar causing blemishes). I do occasionally get a blemish here and there, but they're small and go away quickly. I will always be so thankful that I was so blessed in being shown the green smoothies. I prayed that God would give me the knowledge I needed to get myself over the acne, and within a week, I learned about the smoothies. What a wonderful day that was! hehe 🙂

Keep using your English!! Your spelling is definitely good enough - almost perfect in fact, and I think you get across what you want to say just fine!! You should consider yourself fluent. 🙂

MemberMember
(@spotted-dick)

Posted : 08/15/2006 9:13 am

Adding fat seems to be VERY important for absorbing all "the good stuff" in vegetables and fruits:

http://online.wsj.com/article_email/SB1154...MjkxOTIyWj.html

Im going to try with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and see how that goes.