Notifications
Clear all

Meanest thing that someone has said about your acne

MemberMember
(@rez)

Posted : 08/06/2003 9:49 pm

I've found that whenever I talk to a girl in dim lighting everything will go good. Then some douchbag will put bright lights on and I sware I saw a girl wince once lol. Needless to stay i've been spending my nights in my room secluded mostly it's just so much easier this way.

MemberMember
(@infinitequestions)

Posted : 08/06/2003 11:46 pm

----------Quote-----------

I've found that whenever I talk to a girl in dim lighting everything will go good. Then some douchbag will put bright lights on and I sware I saw a girl wince once lol.

----------------------------

Ha, I know how that feels. Do you end the conversation or what?

----------Quote------------

Needless to stay i've been spending my nights in my room secluded mostly it's just so much easier this way.

-----------------------------

I used to be like that, but I HAD to stop. When I was inside, I seen all my friends playing basketball and going to the movies etc.. And I was in my room, depressed playing GameCube all the time. I just said F*** it, and went out with my friends and had a blast. What im trying to say is, why stay in the house and miss all of the wonderful things happening outside? I mean, when Im 68, I dont wanna be like " Ohh, I wish I went to that party with my friends but NOOO I had acne! " Hell no. Im sorry, but I cant let Acne get the best of me. Not anymore.

Miguellp liked
(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/06/2003 11:55 pm

I guess people find it easier not going out but eventually they'll get tired and do what you did ,f*** it and start not caring what other people will think or say.

MemberMember
(@infinitequestions)

Posted : 08/07/2003 12:07 am

----------Quote------------

I guess people find it easier not going out but eventually they'll get tired and do what you did ,f it and start not caring what other people will think or say.

-----------------------------

Yeah, hopefully. I was like that for a looong time, then my dad told me not to give a f about what people think. He's never steered me wrong, so I said hey, ill try it. And i've been great so far. Especially when I seen this guy on a tv show called " Making the band " with terrible Acne, and I mean terrible. Despite his flaws, he went on TV seen( close up btw ) by millions of viewers around the world. He's my idol, and I've been going out and not caring like him ever since.

Melloman liked
MemberMember
(@brett)

Posted : 08/07/2003 8:35 am

Haha I watch that show every Wednesday night,Infinite Questions.

I forget his name but him and the guy named Chopper both have pretty bad acne.

MemberMember
(@finch)

Posted : 08/07/2003 12:47 pm

Yeah hehe he's the Jamaican guy, his name is Dylan I think. Puff Daddy was even like "Dylan, we definitely need to get you to a dermatologist."

MemberMember
(@infinitequestions)

Posted : 08/07/2003 12:56 pm

-----------------

"Dylan, we definitely need to get you to a dermatologist."

-------------------

I didnt see him say that... Heh, how did he react?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/07/2003 1:19 pm

Um okay, one time, around the eighth grade, when makeup didn't yet exist and neither did oil blotting papers, I was coming down the school stairs into the common area when a mean bully kid looked up at me, pointed, and said to his friend,"What the hell is that?"and started laughing while I started crying and ran straight outta there. And of course there's the famous 'little kid pointing at your face and asking what those dots are,' or the 'you just finished eating and your friend or someone else says you have a crumb on your face.'

MemberMember
(@brett)

Posted : 08/07/2003 2:53 pm

All he did was nod his head :)

MemberMember
(@dadmonson)

Posted : 08/07/2003 9:25 pm

Oh yah I say that episode. The guys name was Dylan, but I think chopper has worse acne than him but they both have it pretty bad, but they don't act like they give a sh*t they have acne, and neither do we. We just care about how they act or perform. Am I right.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/07/2003 10:07 pm

Oh yah I say that episode. The guys name was Dylan, but I think chopper has worse acne than him but they both have it pretty bad, but they don't act like they give a sh*t they have acne, and neither do we. We just care about how they act or perform. Am I right.

Maybe I should act more like them. I do some singing.

Some experiences:

"It looks like someone pissed on your face." (if it was about my acne, it's rather funny cause the guy had worse acne than I did). We were making fun of each other.

Also, the fact that you know you have acne and catching people's stares.

For me, acne's the only thing holding me down. I'm a management student in uni. Everyone knows how important appearance is. I'd trade 10 years of my life for a face without any more blemishes.

MemberMember
(@iofthetiger)

Posted : 08/08/2003 1:22 am

if somebody says something about your face, just scream the dirtiest, cruel, awful racial slur that would correspond with that person. it's pretty mean, but people like that deserve it. i'm sorry, but desperate times calls for desperate measures!

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

some of these stories are so crazy, i can't believe how fucking blunt people can be!!!!!!!! uggh, people just don't understand.. if everyone in the world could only have bad acne for a day and see how it is.

MemberMember
(@owen225)

Posted : 08/09/2003 9:33 pm

I have heard a lot of things.

1) You need some clearasil

2) 10 yr old says you got red things on your face

3) People all focused on you and someone says "you skin is looking better"

4) Mom looks at me before I leave for my dads and says "Did you remember you medicine?" when she normally never asks that.

5) Someone asks what happened to your face

6) Little kids say "Eww, you need to was wash your face"

7) You've got pimples on your chin (umm I do??)

8) Parents look over at you in the car when you look away (checking out how bad your acne is)

9) You get overlooked because of your acne and paleness, making it 10x worse.

10) Someone tells you to drink water when you already drink 5-8 bottles of water a day.

MemberMember
(@acneboi)

Posted : 08/10/2003 4:27 pm

i've never rly had anything nasty said about my acne, a few young kids have occasionly said y do u have so many red marks on your face, or he has acne.. like i cant hear it [-X but no 1 i know says anything nasty. when we were away on holiday, one of my friends said wow youve got so many mosquito bites on your back but other than that.. ive had a pretty clear path =P~

MemberMember
(@animalusmc)

Posted : 08/10/2003 6:36 pm

I did my gay community service hours at a day care and the kids are all in a circle with the teachers and shit and one of them says "eww yous gots pimples, pimples is ugly" i know thier only like 6 but that shit is real embarassing still.

Or when your talking to someone in bright lighting and you can actually see their eyes moving around your face looking at your pimples instead of at ure mouth or eyes, thats almost worse than any verbal insult.

Or when people just say dumb shit like, you eat to much fried food while im eating it with them. It's like, bitch, if it was that simple do you think i would still have pimples? your eating the same shit motherfucker.

MemberMember
(@creamy)

Posted : 08/10/2003 7:53 pm

"Looks like someone threw crap at you through a screen door!"

"Can I play connect the dots on your face?"

Boring story:

I was waiting in the deli of a supermarket, when I start overhearing some people.

"Oh my goodness, he looks horrible. How could he go out like that?"

"He is probably like only 14." Note. I was 18 at the time, I look young.

"I wouldn't let him date my daughter."

They said some more things like that, then...

"I have to stop looking at him, or I will throw up."

I was about to walk right up to them, then...

"Why can't he dress like that nice boy in the red shirt." I was wearing the red shirt. They were talking about a kid in the food court dressed like a punk, complete with green hair. I was so self conscious I thought they were talking about me, damn acne.

podo, needledack, Melloman and 2 people liked
(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/11/2003 10:23 pm

god people can be so ignorant, that makes me angry that anyone would say "you need to wash your face".. i guess some people dont really understand the impact of what they say..

i remember when i was on retin a micro a girl asked me if i had a bad sunburn or something, cause my face was peely ..

and yea, i alsso remember this guy asking me why my face was so dry and flaky.. yea he even said "flaky".. (it was cause i would put a lotta meds on my face to try to clear it).. and one of my girlfriends looked at me and said something about how i shouldnt wear that amount of makeup cause it causes breakouts.. yea i wanted to die, esp when that guy said that to me.. but those days are pretty much over for me.. cause now im cleared from bp and b5.

MemberMember
(@hiddenbeauty)

Posted : 08/13/2003 6:26 pm

It's comments like this that make people wanna stay hidden away somewhere. I know you shouldn't care what people say but it does hurt its not like their talking about your shirt or car something like that, their talking about your face what people see first when they see you, what people think of first when they say your name. How could that not affect someone?? Whoever said stick and stones may break your bones etc. obvioulsy never had ACNE!!! 🙄

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/15/2003 4:55 am

"What happened to you??? You used to be having so clear skin that I used to feel jealous."

"You see I told you not to press your pimples..There are so many red marks and holes on your face already."

MemberMember
(@stevo-mac)

Posted : 08/15/2003 12:39 pm

Yeah, its more the look on someone's face who hasn't seen you for a while. The startled look, followed by their inability to look you in the eye.

MemberMember
(@mariahsloverboy)

Posted : 08/17/2003 9:51 pm

I've had so many comments...I quit my part-time job because I couldnt take it anymore.

The WORST is when you know someone is thinking something about how bad your acne is while you talk to them. You just get this feeling thats hard to describe

comments while working at a register in a supermarket:

"You should see a derm about your acne" (I have for the last half year bitch)

"Daddy, whats wrong with that boys face?"

comments from 'friends' and family:

"Hahah your face looks like a tomato" (from the roaccutane which causes the flushing)

"oooh your skin looks really bad, you poor thing"

"hey ACNE" (this was the worst, being named after this disease as if I was defined by it :D )

(from ignorant greek grandparents) : "Whats these mosquito bites on your face?"

and of course lots of people making suggestions to wash your face.

I just dont get what gives these people the urge to say something, like just shut up you bastards.

MemberMember
(@plateaukid)

Posted : 08/18/2003 1:42 am

Someone back in the 8th grade on the school bus said that if I were to have kids later down the road, their face would come out looking like mine. But most of what I get these days are looks, not comments(it still bothers ya, of course).

MemberMember
(@curlyrb)

Posted : 08/18/2003 8:49 pm

Not only do I have zits on my face, but I also have a hereditary condition where the hair won't grow properly out of the hair folicles on my arms and legs. Something keriotosis? Many people have it, but my case is quite intense, very visible. Anyway, I've tried everything under the sun with no relief. every year that I've been in school since 6th grade, some mean girl has always said, "Eww...what's all over your legs?" Insert a "Yo mamma" joke as a reply. I love winter because I can wear pants and long sleeves without looking like an idiot.

MemberMember
(@mz_minnie)

Posted : 08/20/2003 4:22 am

Then, this girl I talk with I met at my church... she is always nagging me about my left over scars & it irritates me....  I think she really likes me if my scars go away because she is always talking about how cute & fine I would be if my scars go away. The most embarrassing thing that happened was I was in teen ministry with a bunch of teens & here she comes with Cocoa Butter..... She says... I thought you needed some for your face so I bought you some. I didn't know whether to say thanks or slap her!She was all loud & everyone heard & they started giggling!! :D 

This girl is either incredibly stupid and tactless or incredibly meanspirited. I suspect it's the latter, because no one could possibly be that dumb.

MemberMember
(@fakeplasticskin)

Posted : 08/20/2003 10:50 am

Man people are fucking mean, sometimes i wish they could climb inside my body and walk around being me feeling everything i feel for a day, I'll guarantee you those fucks will never look at another person with acne the same again, fucking assholes, makes me mad, i don't go around saying to people, damn you got a big fucking nose, because i know they have no control over it.