Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Has anyone ever commited suiside from ACNE

MemberMember
(@blondebimbo_clairhotmail-com)

Posted : 06/11/2004 3:40 pm

just wondered if anyone ahs ever commited suicide from acne? ive never heard of it but its an illness that can affect people in a numberous ways. we have enough worry about the way we look, comparing ourselves to other and judging our hair,figure etc. WITHOUT having to worru about ACNE i wish we got acne when we were babies when we didnt care what we looked like rather than now. i do you ever feel like taking your own life cos of ACNE? i can certainly say i have been there a few times.

Just wondered if its a too personal question im sorry for being nosey.

love *Blondie*

T*H*A*N*K*Y*O*U everyone for your help and support to get me out of the rough days, without this board i dont know where id be?

ACNE IS A DIESEASE AND IF SOMEONE HAD CANCER WHICH IS A DISEASE PEOPLE WOULDNT LAUGH AT THEM SO WHY DO THEY LAUGH AT US COZ ITS THE SAME FEELING X

MemberMember
(@youknowyoureright)

Posted : 06/11/2004 3:45 pm

there have been people who killed themselves because of acne, but its really because of the mixed emotions.... there was one poster on this board who commited suicide a while back, i think his username was marcsheep, but dont ever kill yoursleves, no matter what is the reason, or how depressed you could be.. you only live once, so lets make it the better, even when we sometimes feel like theres nothing more to it than this sh*t

MemberMember
(@roro26)

Posted : 06/11/2004 3:50 pm

but dont ever kill yoursleves, no matter what is the reason, or who depressed you could be.. you only live once, so lets make it the better, even when we sometimes feel like theres nothing more to it than this sh*t
MemberMember
(@dudeman)

Posted : 06/11/2004 6:04 pm

Yeah, I killed myself because of my acne. I've never been the same since. sad.gif

MemberMember
(@servasme)

Posted : 06/11/2004 6:06 pm

ACNE IS A DIESEASE AND IF SOMEONE HAD CANCER WHICH IS A DISEASE PEOPLE WOULDNT LAUGH AT THEM SO WHY DO THEY LAUGH AT US COZ ITS THE SAME FEELING X
MemberMember
(@lydia)

Posted : 06/11/2004 6:15 pm

Wow. That's so true.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/12/2004 2:33 am

MemberMember
(@goldrex)

Posted : 06/13/2004 12:14 am

It was in newspapers in the UK. I think his name, irl, was also Marc Sheep. Very sad. He was quite articulate.

MemberMember
(@samurai_jack)

Posted : 06/13/2004 4:12 am

I've read that acne scars have been implicated as a risk factor in male suicide. I'm sure everyone with a messed up face and isolated social life have thought about this at least once.

MemberMember
(@arcticmonkey)

Posted : 06/13/2004 11:21 am

Did Marcsheep definately kill himself?? reading that acctually made me cry! damn! i never knew him or anything like that but still.... i just went to read some of his old posts, and they all seemed really positive, he didnt seem depressed, and he said on one of his last posts that his scars were nearly 80% better. Damn i really feel for his family

MemberMember
(@lydia)

Posted : 06/13/2004 6:20 pm

Did Marcsheep definately kill himself?? reading that acctually made me cry! damn! i never knew him or anything like that but still.... i just went to read some of his old posts, and they all seemed really positive, he didnt seem depressed, and he said on one of his last posts that his scars were nearly 80% better. Damn i really feel for his family
MemberMember
(@angel)

Posted : 06/13/2004 7:15 pm

he did kill himself......

so sad.

he had pretty sever disfiguring scars on his body and face I heard.......

MemberMember
(@ubermensch)

Posted : 06/15/2004 6:53 am

Pretty severe disfiguring scars on face and body?.........

I know how that feels, fucking shit. I have heard of a few people that have committed suicide because of their scars, and they didnt have it as bad as I have.

MemberMember
(@jim404)

Posted : 06/16/2004 5:50 pm

i wish i had,but thought hopefully gonna get thru this one day,spent so much money on medication and derms,my acne is kinda subsiding still get a few spots but now left with scars which is gonna cost a fortune to remove.

btw im new,does anyone have a link to that suicide post ??? just wanted to read it

MemberMember
(@sux0rz)

Posted : 06/16/2004 6:41 pm

um no

someone posted a suicide post here and i replied because i wanted to see her picture, but it got deleted.

MemberMember
(@jim404)

Posted : 06/16/2004 7:25 pm

k thanks

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/17/2004 2:04 am

What if you committed suicide over acne, and there was a miracle cure invented a few days later? ....and what the heck are you going to say on your suicide note? I can't stand all the acne, so I have to die? It's so vain, but it's very understandable at the same time. A large number of people here have thought about suicide.

MemberMember
(@jim404)

Posted : 06/17/2004 4:34 am

ive thought abt it,never really ever reached to the point that i was going to do it

MemberMember
(@fo0lish__)

Posted : 06/18/2004 5:58 am

I have thought about suicide a lot of times already. But then I realized, many people love me. A lot of people don't give a damn about how I look. Many people, my family, cares about me. I don't want to leave them.. Acne is not worth dying for. That would be too conceited.. They care for me, and I care for them.

MemberMember
(@cucrusaders24)

Posted : 07/06/2004 10:43 pm

I certainly know I have thought about it. Not only do I have acne scars on my cheeks, but I have STRETCH MARKS all over my body from gaining so much weight due to emotional eating. There are good days and there are bad days. The acne is clearing up, but the scars are still there. They always will be in a sense. sad.gif

MemberMember
(@vince-is-a-stud-muffin)

Posted : 07/06/2004 11:52 pm

I haven't killed myself but I sure have come fucking close. ACNE SUCKS MAD ASS

MemberMember
(@naen)

Posted : 07/14/2004 1:06 am

I have thought about suicide a lot of times already. But then I realized, many people love me. A lot of people don't give a damn about how I look. Many people, my family, cares about me. I don't want to leave them.. Acne is not worth dying for. That would be too conceited.. They care for me, and I care for them.
MemberMember
(@the-ronin)

Posted : 07/14/2004 4:04 am

Everyone who suffers long enough under an unbearable strain like acne think suicidal thoughts from time to time. The only thing we can do is remember that there are so many things that could be worse.

At any given moment, you could lose a parent to a car crash. A sibling could die from a rare disease. A natural disaster could devestate your home. shit, what if a meteor hit the Earth? What would you think of yourself if you knew you had a set time to live? You'd think to yourself of all the oppurtunities you might have had to make things better, but let acne hinder your decision in the end. I think in the shceme of all things, there are bigger things always happening that make our petty problems insignifigant to our lives as human beings.

MemberMember
(@smoyle127)

Posted : 07/14/2004 9:52 am

Yeah, it was very bizarre that Marc Sheep committed suicide. I read some of his posts and never thought he would do something like that. He didn't even post a suicide thread did he?

Acne sucks, but it is not worth ending your life.

MemberMember
(@vince-is-a-stud-muffin)

Posted : 07/14/2004 11:33 am

It is definitely not worth taking your like when you are having a good day your realize that. When you are having a really really crappy skin day coupled with other bad stuff going on it seems like it might actually not be that bad of an idea. As long as we remember there are always going to be other good and great days I think we can beat this without killing ourselves. Personally I am just thinking about what college is going to be like for me with clear skin and thats keeping me going even though I comtemplate suicide a lot.