Notifications
Clear all

I love myself and acne discrimination/acneism

MemberMember
(@beautiful-woman)

Posted : 06/30/2017 8:05 pm

Severe cystic acne is not a reason to hate myself. I'm living my life. I initially had problems getting a job because of my acne. As a preschool teacher some parents have had problems with me around their children because of my acne. Nonsense. I have been asked to leave restaurants because of my acne. That reminds me of racism. What I do threw is acne discrimination. Acneism. Those people are acneist. My acne covered face doesn't make me less of a person. I'm beautiful to my love ones. My confidence is strong. I have mental scars but I'm okay.

MemberMember
(@antonio94)

Posted : 07/02/2017 8:45 am

It's quite admiring that you can still maintain your will like that.
But again, I think I can partly understand their policy. It's probably they believe that preschool teachers should have a "clean" and "friendly" face so that children aren't scared? But again, I agree that it's still discrimiating, especially the restaurant you mention. I mean I haven't heard of any restaurant asking a customer to leave just due to acne.

MemberMember
(@beautiful-woman)

Posted : 07/03/2017 12:29 am

15 hours ago, Antonio94 said:

It's quite admiring that you can still maintain your will like that.
But again, I think I can partly understand their policy. It's probably they believe that preschool teachers should have a "clean" and "friendly" face so that children aren't scared? But again, I agree that it's still discrimiating, especially the restaurant you mention. I mean I haven't heard of any restaurant asking a customer to leave just due to acne.

The school doesn't entertain the parents who complain about my acne. The kids never complain. The kids love me. The restaurant one is appearantly I may cause people to lose their appetite. That's what they said to me.

MemberMember
(@triolink)

Posted : 07/03/2017 12:34 am

Very strong and true words!

MemberMember
(@ae1976)

Posted : 07/06/2017 10:03 pm

Wow, you are really a strong person. I hope people here get inspired by you.