Notifications
Clear all

AcneAtAge75: 65 years and counting with cystic acne

MemberMember
(@acneatage75)

Posted : 07/02/2017 2:29 pm

Life had handed you a grave disservice when you're 75 years old and you still have acne. At age 10 I was told acne wouldn't last forever and I believed that. Most of my body was engulfed in severe cystic acne. I waited for my acne to clear and the years gone by. Middle school. High school. Work. Retirement. It's the mildest it's ever been now but it's still there and pretty bad. I struggled with depression and anxiety because of my acne. I tried to be as invisible as possible. There was a point I said to myself. Diana. You wasted your life. You never had a relationship. You never kissed a male who wasn't a blood relative. You didn't go for the job you want. You're old and in a wheelchair and maybe die in a single digit amount of years. Live. Just live. I then did. I signed up for a dating profile and met a man who I would marry 14 months later. A man with 3 daughters with severe acne. A man who had acne in his teens. A man of 45 years of age. I got a family once I stop letting acne hold me back. It's true acne is associated with puberty but it is common for acne to continue into adulthood. For someone it never goes away. Are you really going to wait until it clears to live ? Maybe it will clear when you're 15. Maybe when you're 25. Maybe 37. Maybe 43. Maybe 52. Do you want to waste your life ? Take it from an old owl. Live your live.

Ae1976 liked
MemberMember
(@skyesthelimit)

Posted : 07/12/2017 2:04 am

Thank you. It's true, acne should not hold us back from doing what will make us happy. No matter how hard it is, we just need to try to live the life that is being taken away from us. Thank you and best wishes too! :)

Ae1976 liked
MemberMember
(@ae1976)

Posted : 07/12/2017 9:26 pm

Thank you for this. Yes, we should live our lives and stop letting acne control it.