Notifications
Clear all

How adults reacted to my acne

MemberMember
(@rnacne)

Posted : 06/30/2017 5:23 pm

It is expected for high school students to bully but adults can be just as uncompassionate. I will never forget how I was using the car mirror to apply concealer before school and in the middle of application my dad slammed it down. I told him I was trying to cover up pimples he said "I don't want to hear it gosh don't the the other kids have pimples as well get your butt to class". Another day when I asked my mom why I had acne she answered because god gave them to you and laughed. Growing up she never had acne and made fun of her brother who had severe cystic she called him pineapple face. My skin was red at one point because of topical creams a random adult woman came up me and told me she thought it was creepy that my skin looked the way it did. My mom said once your face is red and irritated it looks like a beat. One day while riding the car during a breakout I looked back to speak to people in the back and my mom used her hand to cover my face. Her way of saying hide your face. As an adult I see this as a lesson that adults are not always as sensitive as they should be. I was 14 years of age at the time these things happened.

MemberMember
(@zkay)

Posted : 07/07/2017 1:46 am

Hi,

I am sorry to hear that. I guess people who do not suffer with acne do not understand how we feel, whether they are adults or children?

MemberMember
(@ae1976)

Posted : 07/08/2017 1:24 am

I can relate. Being adult does not always mean mature. Sorry you had to experience all this. From my experience acne always brings out the dermatologist in most people. Wash your face or use that cream or some other comment like that. They seem to think we love having acne.

My MIL once turned to me and said "Your face is full of pimples". Only I know how devastated I was.