Notifications
Clear all

How others reacted to my acne

MemberMember
(@rnacne)

Posted : 06/30/2017 5:01 pm

I to have had a rough time with acne as a teen. I was self conscious and would cry about it and felt alone. I am thin good looking and tall but acne made me feel ugly. The meanest comments came from brother and his friends. My brother called me pimply faced and so did my mom . My brothers obese friend named me pimples and told me that bullets work better than pimple cream. I had moderate pustular acne all over my face I would attempt to cover it up with makeup but it was hard due to redness. My brother and his friends called me cake face. On the bus one day my brothers non obese friend said wow your forehead is Brocken out. I looked him in the eye and mentioned to him that other people had acne as well. Not like you do he said which was true. I did not cry or feel bad just smiled and laughed. At school one day I was having a horrible breakout and wearing foundation a random girl said do you wear cover up and not rub it in. A girl in band class sitting next to me without my permission started touching my skin and said wow it's so oily.

MemberMember
(@ahaguru)

Posted : 07/02/2017 11:38 pm

Wow you are amazing to have this high self confidence!!
did your skin recovered?

MemberMember
(@rnacne)

Posted : 07/03/2017 11:18 am

Isotretinion cleared me and help with excess oil significantly. Seeing how others treated me showed me how I need to stand up for myself. My mom and brothers friends did not support my choice to take isotretinion. They told I was vain and making a bad choice for taking it. I'm glad I took the drug and ignored them.

Ae1976 liked
MemberMember
(@ae1976)

Posted : 07/08/2017 1:32 am

Happy you found what worked for you. People can be really mean. From your comment I am amazed at people's level of insensitivity.

MemberMember
(@skyesthelimit)

Posted : 07/12/2017 1:57 am

I am so sorry to know about what you have to go through because of acne. I am glad at the same time that you have overcome it. People won't really know what you're going through unless they experience it themselves. You are an inspiration too, so thanks.

MemberMember
(@smashingfeel)

Posted : 08/03/2017 12:24 am

On 6/30/2017 at 2:01 PM, RNAcne said:

I to have had a rough time with acne as a teen. I was self conscious and would cry about it and felt alone. I am thin good looking and tall but acne made me feel ugly. The meanest comments came from brother and his friends. My brother called me pimply faced and so did my mom . My brothers obese friend named me pimples and told me that bullets work better than pimple cream. I had moderate pustular acne all over my face I would attempt to cover it up with makeup but it was hard due to redness. My brother and his friends called me cake face. On the bus one day my brothers non obese friend said wow your forehead is Brocken out. I looked him in the eye and mentioned to him that other people had acne as well. Not like you do he said which was true. I did not cry or feel bad just smiled and laughed. At school one day I was having a horrible breakout and wearing foundation a random girl said do you wear cover up and not rub it in. A girl in band class sitting next to me without my permission started touching my skin and said wow it's so oily.

U should've punch that guy who said "not like you" I would really feel good reading this Hahahaha....it's good that what u got is only pimples not acne scars....acne scars sucksssss.....coz im in highschool i really have hard time ...I mean acne scars is not only hard to treat but also not a highschooler like me got money for treatment so it's hard for me...(but anyway)good for u though:)