Notifications
Clear all

I feel ugly, I get depressed, I don't know why I have this.

MemberMember
(@sa-man-duh)

Posted : 11/30/2016 2:02 pm

When I wake up in the morning the first thing I see is my face. Hoping for it to look better or at least less red. Then I decide whether or not to put on makeup to cover my acne and my tired eyes. I have not worn makeup for almost a week and it's so difficult to not think about how I look. I have my hair up in a bun , because I fear if I have my hair down , my acne will get worst. I try to remain positive , but when girls walk by with their makeup on, it makes me feel like an ugly disgusting thing . I am low in confidence ,it is difficult for me to look at someone in the eye. I am ashamed , I hate myself at times, I wish I never had this face of horror , I cry when I feel like I'll never be beautiful . Its hard, to live like this, but I'm trying . I have been  on the acne.org regimen for about 8 months now . The first three months my skin was super clear,with a few marks , but my makeup went on Smooth . Now, my acne came back with full vengeance . I will stick with the regimen hoping to have clear skin again.

IMG_20161129_171101.jpg

MemberMember
(@hominid)

Posted : 11/30/2016 4:41 pm

Well firstly, you are not even slightly ugly, acne or no acne. And secondly, it's not the sharpest image, but I think your acne is not as bad or noticeable as you probably think it is.

Do not be ashamed, never be ashamed. The thing is, it's not really the acne that causes people to notice us, it's the lack of confidence with which someone carries themselves that draws the attention. Think about what advice you would give someone in a similar position, would you tell them they should feel ugly or be ashamed? Of course not, so why think that about yourself? Seems like I've written this sentence a few times recently - Don't be your own worst enemy, be your own best friend.

Stick with the regimen if it's proven to work before, but also make sure you visit your doctor or derm and don't just try to 'get by' if it's really affecting you.

MemberMember
(@bellacat)

Posted : 12/02/2016 2:14 pm

I know having acne is tough but let me tell you, you are beautiful!!

MemberMember
(@nmsunflower)

Posted : 12/03/2016 2:19 pm

You are so beautiful with or without acne!! Keep your head up high, do what you know gives you some relief. Mine was eliminating processed sugars, limiting oils and salt, and just drinking water. Also trying not to worry or stress about my acne because that makes it a little worse! Good luck and keep us updated how being back on the regimen goes.

bellacat liked
MemberMember
(@nishkatt05)

Posted : 12/03/2016 2:53 pm

To be honest with you, it's not that bad at all. Looks kind of cute, like freckles. I know you don't feel that way but you're beautiful and quite honestly your acne isn't even all that noticeable. Cheer up. In time it'll go away when you find the right regimen :)

MemberMember
(@thefaceiwear)

Posted : 12/04/2016 8:02 am

On 2016-12-01 at 4:41 AM, Hominid said:

Well firstly, you are not even slightly ugly, acne or no acne. And secondly, it's not the sharpest image, but I think your acne is not as bad or noticeable as you probably think it is.

Do not be ashamed, never be ashamed. The thing is, it's not really the acne that causes people to notice us, it's the lack of confidence with which someone carries themselves that draws the attention. Think about what advice you would give someone in a similar position, would you tell them they should feel ugly or be ashamed? Of course not, so why think that about yourself? Seems like I've written this sentence a few times recently - Don't be your own worst enemy, be your own best friend.

Stick with the regimen if it's proven to work before, but also make sure you visit your doctor or derm and don't just try to 'get by' if it's really affecting you.

Your thoughts in which you express through your words , are a therapy for me and, hopefully, for many others. I personally find this very supportive. Even though you've written these thoughts many times before, it is worth repeating again and again, as a reminder to us all. Your words are helpful and kind. Keep 'em coming!

On 2016-12-01 at 2:02 AM, Sa-man-duh said:

When I wake up in the morning the first thing I see is my face. Hoping for it to look better or at least less red. Then I decide whether or not to put on makeup to cover my acne and my tired eyes. I have not worn makeup for almost a week and it's so difficult to not think about how I look. I have my hair up in a bun , because I fear if I have my hair down , my acne will get worst. I try to remain positive , but when girls walk by with their makeup on, it makes me feel like an ugly disgusting thing . I am low in confidence ,it is difficult for me to look at someone in the eye. I am ashamed , I hate myself at times, I wish I never had this face of horror , I cry when I feel like I'll never be beautiful . Its hard, to live like this, but I'm trying . I have been  on the acne.org regimen for about 8 months now . The first three months my skin was super clear,with a few marks , but my makeup went on Smooth . Now, my acne came back with full vengeance . I will stick with the regimen hoping to have clear skin again.

IMG_20161129_171101.jpg

I've seen my fair share of beautiful women. And you look like a super model. 

MemberMember
(@jonsey82)

Posted : 12/04/2016 11:15 am

Your skin ain't even to bad, there is far worse, I think I'm time it'll be really nice! it's difficult not letting things get to you, but I guarantee one day you'll be cleared up :) 

MemberMember
(@thebean)

Posted : 12/04/2016 11:45 am

It could be something in the regimen is too strong and over drying your skin. That's usually what it is for me when something works short term and then starts heading south again. That doesn't mean you need to just glop on more moisturizer...It means you need to find a way to clean your skin, without going too far and stripping it. (It makes it more sensitive and acne prone to other products, like moisturizers and makeup.) Easier said than done, I know!
Regardless, when I saw your picture I just gasped! You are gorgeous! Seriously, don't obsess over it...it's not what we are focused on looking at you. They are only pimples, we all get them. Be nice to your skin, those little things are temporary and your skin will heal as if nothing happened as long as you let it!

MemberMember
(@naturalcure1)

Posted : 12/06/2016 12:47 am

I know how hard it is, but please don't let acne ruin your confidence! You are beautiful and there is hope. I had very similar breakouts to yours, up until I finally cured my skin, naturally. To wash, use Dr Bronners Pure Castile soap, tone with Bragg's Apple cider vinegar, posturing with pure coconut oil, and spot treat with oil of oregano mixed into jojoba oil. However, the internal body is the most important component to curing acne. Please check out my skin blog here I lost the most important supplements (to me,) and reach out with further questions.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/blogs/entry/32202-how-to-heal/