Notifications
Clear all

Insecure

MemberMember
(@ash96)

Posted : 11/18/2016 5:33 pm

I had clear skin until I was 17. I've dealt with acne for the last four years and it's been very hard. I've put myself down because of it and I feel like I constantly criticize myself. My mom always points it out and other family members too and it's probably the worst feeling in the world. I don't feel beautiful and I've cried about this so many times. I've had family members and people make jokes about my skin and people say wash your face properly or treat your skin but I've tried a lot of things. I've always been against pills because I've been scared of the side effects. I got a cream from the dermatologist that completely dried my skin out and didn't help. I have extremely sensitive skin, scars and active acne even now. I always cover it up with makeup because I feel so insecure. I don't remember the last time I walked out of my house without any on. I just wish people were more sensitiveabout it or I wish I could fix it. I've tried so many face washes and creams and nothing really works. I don't know what to do. A dermatologist recommended photodynamic treatment or even accutanebut I'm afraid of bothand I wish I could take a more natural route. I don't want to have scars permanently and I'm so scared. I'm confused and don't know what to do

PaolaR11 liked
MemberMember
(@ariunbold)

Posted : 11/19/2016 6:50 am

It sucks isnt it? Maybe someday people will understand that acne is not caused by bad hygiene.I'm dealing with acne for over 6 years. Acne made me antisocial. I tried everything except accutane. Right now i'm taking doxycyclin for 2 months and it cleared a lot. But its not permanentsolution. Im saving accutane as last resort. I would prefer having clear skin with some health issue. I just cant live like this. People will suddenly appear and give me tips about my acne, my friends always tease me( now they are no longer my friends) and im afraid of mirror. Im afraid of making eyecontact with anyone. Even my acne is cleared i still have a lot redmarks, hyperpigmentation. I'm asian so my skin get redmarks so easily and takes forever to fade. I remember when i was clear skinned i asked one girl why you have so many pimples. Now i know how she feels. Clear skinned people just dont know how hard we are struggling to fix it.

MemberMember
(@skeptic_)

Posted : 11/19/2016 6:17 pm

Oh man, do I know how you feel. I started getting acne when I was 13. At around 15 years old, it got so bad, I had it all over my chest and back, as well as on my face. I had some friends who would comment on every cyst I got, no matter how well I thought I concealed them. I'm 23 now and I still have issues keeping my skin clear, but I'm almost there. The thing about your family and the other people who have commented on your skin is, they are extremely ignorant/inconsiderate. It's likely they never had issues with their skin like you're dealing with, and they are clearly uneducated. Don't let their words get to you. They have no clue what they're talking about. Your acne is not you, remember that. It doesn't make you any less attractive, it's just something with your body you're dealing with, and it's something that can be improved. The thing that has helped me the most has been my diet and keeping up with my overall health, and in turn, my acne has improved significantly. The holistic health/living board has so many helpful forums, check it out. Trying healthy, natural alternatives is always a good idea before going to a dermatologist and possibly being put on Accutane/antibiotics/harsh treatments. You've got this!

MemberMember
(@naturalcure1)