Notifications
Clear all

My face is getting better! 🙂

MemberMember
(@wizard17)

Posted : 11/28/2015 7:53 am

After the first appointment with my dermatologist, I can say that my face from then on started to improve with the medications he gave me.I still get zits though but the diffference is that they dry up quicker than usual. Also they are not as big as they were before. Im really glad that it is getting better :) I'll go back to my dermatologist by December and I look forward on what the next step is to be taken.

I'm starting to turn my life around and get my act together. I've been doing very well in school recently and I plan to do so for the years to come. I gained a little bit of confidence since my face has gotten better. I have eaten what I want to eat without having to worry about breaking out badly.However, 4 days ago I felt really bad with my skin once again when I saw my face in the mirror and realized how much scars I had on my face and someone again confronted me and made their "own theory" of why I get my acne. He said that maybe my beard was itchy and that is what causes my face to breakout. I should probably shave it and use a shaving cream. Hahaha. What a pointless conclusion from a clueless person. Yeah right, I shave everyday dude. It's disappointing that when you're starting to think that your face is getting better and there comes an idiot trying to crash you with all the mean words they can throw at you for having acne. 

But nonetheless I'm still happy that I have very supportive friends that accept me for the way I look. I guess I just have to bare with the fact that other people won't really understand how I feel unless they get to experience what having acne is like. I maybe unlucky but I'm thankful that I got closer to God because of my acne. And I always say to myself that "just because what I want to happen isn't happening right now it doesn't mean that it never will" I believe that in God's perfect time I will be able to overcome my acne and be truly happy!!:):D

MemberMember
(@ben100604)

Posted : 12/08/2015 1:40 pm

I remember, way back, about 12 years ago, this guy at work decided to give me some advice along the lines of:

"Hey, I've noticed you've got a lot of acne. You should try using aftershave lotion after you've shaved. It cleared up all my spots"

Problem was that I already used aftershave lotion after I shaved, but he didn't seem to accept this. I think people like to feel as though they know the cure for acne and it's really simple, but the truth is that they've never actually had proper acne.

bumpee liked