Notifications
Clear all

Finding a silver lining

MemberMember
(@purplestove)

Posted : 11/26/2015 10:44 pm

Acne is embarrassing; there's no question about it. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. But I will admit that my 6 years of up and down skin has changed me for the better. I quit smoking cigaretttes, drink way less alcohol, stay hydrated, eat healthy, exercise, and feel as though I've shaped a much more pleasant, humble personality. I'm also much less judgemental and thrive at school (i like hiding my face in books).

Acne sucks, but it is what it is. And until we find out sweet spot of lifestyle, products, or hormonal balancing, let's take a second to think up just one reason why it made us a better person.

Lore91 liked
MemberMember
(@geekgirl13)

Posted : 11/27/2015 3:21 am

4 hours ago, Purplestove said:

Acne is embarrassing; there's no question about it. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.  But I will admit that my 6 years of up and down skin has changed me for the better. I quit smoking cigaretttes, drink way less alcohol, stay hydrated, eat healthy, exercise, and feel as though I've shaped a much more pleasant, humble personality.  I'm also much less judgemental and thrive at school (i like hiding my face in books).

Acne sucks, but it is what it is. And until we find out sweet spot of lifestyle, products, or hormonal balancing, let's take a second to think up just one reason why it made us a better person. 

I agree, even though having acne is horrible sometimes having to suffer through an awful experience like this can make us better people. I think it has made me less judgemental and more compassionate towards others. It makes reassess you your values as well. I still wish i could clear my skin though - i would appreciate it so much more then all those other people who have never had acne :( 

MemberMember
(@user465288)

Posted : 11/27/2015 10:18 am

Acne is one of the best things that ever happened to me. It made me figure out that the master regulator of acne is the same as in aging and a lot of diseases. DNA sample analysis showed me a steady decline in risk factors in some of those diseases after only one year in my cure.. @epigenetic 

I've spend 2 years figuring it all out, but I'm sure it's going to be one of the most rewarding thing I've ever done for myself.

The human body is truly awwwesome!!

Sk¦rmbillede 2015-11-27 kl. 16.17.57.png

MemberMember
(@user465288)

Posted : 11/27/2015 2:58 pm

3 minutes ago, Lucas89 said:

There are a lot of psuedoscientists on this forum who misread journals (just look at Esney's posts).

Then read it yourself