Notifications
Clear all

What Did You Let Acne Take Away From You?

MemberMember
(@ben100604)

Posted : 10/05/2014 1:06 pm

Acne took a fair bit of my 20s away from as I had intermittent bad periods of acne. I guess, in total, between 20 - 30, I lost 4 and a half years to acne. It's not much fun and also meant I lost many other things. The chance to strengthen and push my career was lost due to the hopelessness and lack of confidence I suffered from. I also became more cynical of life and the future due to acne. It still lingers today and I doubt it'll ever leave me.

MemberMember
(@dannyboy91)

Posted : 10/06/2014 4:44 pm

You are all beautiful no matter what they say!!!! :)

MemberMember
(@solis1)

Posted : 10/18/2014 1:24 pm

Acne has taken many things away from me but it also made me lost. I was lost i felt like i had nowhere to go, i lost hope, i lost my drive, i lost my patience, and it cornered me into a dark place where I didn't know what to do or what I was going to do.

MemberMember
(@yuvraj)

Posted : 10/20/2014 1:59 am

A lot of things. I was considered attractive by everyone in my family, friends, girls were after me. Then i got acne, it my ruined my face, life career. It took away my confidence, i can't even look to people in eyes when talking to them. I put my hands on face( almost like a fucking boxer) to hide my acne scars. I wanted to be a model from childhood and i was really going to become and then this acne came and gave me ugly scars, now no modelling agency is taking me. It destroyed my dreams, my career. I cry a lot sometimes. And of course, SELF ESTEEM!

MemberMember
(@marbleartist)

Posted : 10/22/2014 1:30 pm

Women and men find me to be a relatively attractive individual as it is, and so to have acne to taint my full potential of being as attractive as I could be really brings me down sometimes.

But that is not something that has been explicitly taken away.

I will rarely, if ever, go outside during the day (unless I had to for work or school.) The reasons for this are obvious: Sunlight makes acne look so much worse.

If bright lights are on in a room I will most likely turn them off or leave the room (in a social setting) just so people do not see my acne.

Sometimes I am so consumed by my appearance that I am unable to focus on the important tasks at hand.

Which is ridiculous and contradictory to my personality. I am a person who values truth and ideas, not physical form. Yet I allow this to shame me into a corner. It is absolutely ridiculous.

But I am trying my best in dealing with it. I just joined this site, and it feels great to unload some of these things. I will not talk about acne with ANYONE unless it is someone who has acne or a dermatologist. I am way to aware of my condition to stand looking someone in the eyes for too long.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 10/27/2014 5:04 pm

My confidence,self worth, self love the list goes on ......acne and acne scarring is just terrible :(