Notifications
Clear all

This Website Sure Isn't What It Used To Be

MemberMember
(@supersonicforever)

Posted : 02/25/2023 10:23 am

This was my old thread. I'm bubbles55.. years later on a different account. I don't know what lead me back to this thread today but man it was a tough read. I was so depressed over my acne at this time it was unreal. And so angry that my post and replies reflect it easily. I guess I wanted to reflect on my mental state when I had acne and see how things compare to these days.

No more acne anymore! I am clear. I found the courage to take Accutane two years ago and I was relieved of the suffering. No more obsessing over diet and being ''told off'' by people that I should eat better if I don't want to look like a pizza face. It's in the past but I will never forget the way society views people with acne. My goodness.

I never even ate cake on my birthday I was so terrified of breaking out and these folks on the forum were still convinced acne and diet were intimately linked? trust me, acne sufferers are the most food conscious people. I wasted years of my life on ultra healthy and no fun diets. I spent my youth alcohol free. I could have been enjoying food and alcohol (on occasion) but instead I was on a hamsters wheel of strict diets and self blame. This thread was just me venting over the frustration. But it was never understood.

This post was modified 1 year ago 2 times by Supersonicforever
Ishayat liked