Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Acne.org Members That Have Commited Suicide

MemberMember
(@bubbles55)

Posted : 03/20/2014 12:08 pm

Who were they? I have lurked these forums for years (since 2002) and I have heard of several members killing themselves, one in particular a young girl (I believe this was around 2006- 2007?).

Does anyone want to talk about these cases? everyone seems to want to sweep these incidences under the rug.

I know people, especially the admins want to dissuade us from talking about this but I think it's very important to discuss and also to honor the memory of those that have took their own life.

MemberMember
(@lapis-lazuli)

Posted : 03/20/2014 12:17 pm

It's important to talk about these things. I hope the thread doesn't get locked.

MemberMember
(@garrettryan)

Posted : 03/20/2014 12:20 pm

I semi-agree.. but is it our place to talk about such a topic? I find there could be a line where it is potentially disrespectful to the person and their families/friends to bring up such a sensitive topic about them.

MemberMember
(@lapis-lazuli)

Posted : 03/20/2014 12:25 pm

I guess it depends on the manner in which is posted in here about said people?

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 03/20/2014 9:18 pm

I've always wondered this myself, i'll be interested to read any stories if you can find them. i personally haven't been on here long enough to know someone or maybe i missed it idk..

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 03/20/2014 11:10 pm

Honouring the memory of people who have lost their lives is important for friends and family members. Discussing and speculating on details of a past acne.org member who may or may not have taken their own lives is not honouring their memory, its gossip - pure and simple. As Garrett has already mentioned above, sensitive subjects like this can be disrespectful and hurtful to friends and family who have lost someone, and as such, this subject is closed.

AyeAye - Acne.org Moderating Team

Lilly75 liked