Notifications
Clear all

I Just Want To Look Normal

MemberMember
(@lifelong-confusion)

Posted : 11/04/2013 7:21 pm

Sometimes I feel like I'm very unlucky. I know a lot of people have it much worse, and I know the perks of being a woman include being able to wear makeup to cover up the acne, but I just wish I didn't have to always think about it, wonder how bad of a breakout I will have next time of the month, how many scars I'm gonna get, I don't want to have to wear foundation each time I go out just to be comfortable. I want to be able to go camping, I want to be able to feel confident when I wake up and be able to look my hubby in the face in the morning without wondering how bad my skin is looking since I don't wear makeup in bed. It just affects my confidence so much. I see people who don't ever wear anything on their face, don't have any problems and don't even need to think about this stuff, and I feel so low that I have to have this curse. I do so much, research so much, yet it's always like this. It always comes back to this. I feel like it's holding me back in so many ways, sucks the joy out of life. I've learned to distract myself from it and learn to enjoy life even though i have it, but I still can't do it to the fullest, and I've spent so much money on treatments and cleansers and lotions and all that stuff, just to always return to square one. It sucks.

MemberMember
(@valerie44)

Posted : 11/04/2013 8:53 pm

I know exactly how you feel !!! I always have to wear my foundation just to feel normal... I feel like a monster without it but at the same time I feel so fake I hate it!! Im 43 years old and have had acne off and on since I was 14 and it sux not to be able to do normal things like go swimming or any outdoor activities that might make my acne worse....I too have spent tons of money trying to find things that will work for my skin....I hope and pray that all of us acne sufferers will find a long term and permanent solution to this madness!

illSometimes I feel like I'm very unlucky. I know a lot of people have it much worse, and I know the perks of being a woman include being able to wear makeup to cover up the acne, but I just wish I didn't have to always think about it, wonder how bad of a breakout I will have next time of the month, how many scars I'm gonna get, I don't want to have to wear foundation each time I go out just to be comfortable. I want to be able to go camping, I want to be able to feel confident when I wake up and be able to look my hubby in the face in the morning without wondering how bad my skin is looking since I don't wear makeup in bed. It just affects my confidence so much. I see people who don't ever wear anything on their face, don't have any problems and don't even need to think about this stuff, and I feel so low that I have to have this curse. I do so much, research so much, yet it's always like this. It always comes back to this. I feel like it's holding me back in so many ways, sucks the joy out of life. I've learned to distract myself from it and learn to enjoy life even though i have it, but I still can't do it to the fullest, and I've spent so much money on treatments and cleansers and lotions and all that stuff, just to always return to square one. It sucks.

MemberMember
(@lifelong-confusion)

Posted : 11/04/2013 8:57 pm

I know exactly how you feel !!! I always have to wear my foundation just to feel normal... I feel like a monster without it but at the same time I feel so fake I hate it!! Im 43 years old and have had acne off and on since I was 14 and it sux not to be able to do normal things like go swimming or any outdoor activities that might make my acne worse....I too have spent tons of money trying to find things that will work for my skin....I hope and pray that all of us acne sufferers will find a long term and permanent solution to this madness!

illSometimes I feel like I'm very unlucky. I know a lot of people have it much worse, and I know the perks of being a woman include being able to wear makeup to cover up the acne, but I just wish I didn't have to always think about it, wonder how bad of a breakout I will have next time of the month, how many scars I'm gonna get, I don't want to have to wear foundation each time I go out just to be comfortable. I want to be able to go camping, I want to be able to feel confident when I wake up and be able to look my hubby in the face in the morning without wondering how bad my skin is looking since I don't wear makeup in bed. It just affects my confidence so much. I see people who don't ever wear anything on their face, don't have any problems and don't even need to think about this stuff, and I feel so low that I have to have this curse. I do so much, research so much, yet it's always like this. It always comes back to this. I feel like it's holding me back in so many ways, sucks the joy out of life. I've learned to distract myself from it and learn to enjoy life even though i have it, but I still can't do it to the fullest, and I've spent so much money on treatments and cleansers and lotions and all that stuff, just to always return to square one. It sucks.

Yeah, I feel really fake as well when I have to layer makeup on my face. Not to mention it's so time consuming, it takes way longer than it should to get ready for a trip to get groceries.. It really drives me crazy seeing people roll out of bed and go out, still looking perfect, while having to put literally 0 effort into it.

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 11/05/2013 4:56 am

Yeah, I feel really fake as well when I have to layer makeup on my face. Not to mention it's so time consuming, it takes way longer than it should to get ready for a trip to get groceries.. It really drives me crazy seeing people roll out of bed and go out, still looking perfect, while having to put literally 0 effort into it.

You can still go out and swim. It is worse for you than for other people.

MemberMember
(@littlelake)

Posted : 11/05/2013 12:00 pm

Everything you said, is exactly how I feel. It's probably how a lot of people feel. I try to smile, and I try my very best to ignore it, but then I go bed, and wash my face, and have to be reminded again, and again, this nagging battle I have within myself.

And what hurts me, is people who don't have it, will NEVER understand. I try and open up to people about it, people in my family, they say it just doesn't really look bad. That is no big deal. They have no idea how much it hurts emotionally. I wish I could be strong enough to not let it hold me back, but it does, because it cuts down my very inner being. I say that all the time, "why can I just be normal?" I talked to one of my very dearest friends about it, opened up to her, and she kinda laughed at me, like what are you talking about? Sometimes its not so much the spots, but the turmoil inside that people don't GET to see.

I've given up on my makeup for the most part, it used to be something I enjoyed, now it just feels like a mask, and I think its makes me look ever worse, cakey mess. So why bother. Why bother with any of it.

I'm sure you know this, but you're not alone. Even if it feels like it.

LL.

PS I've had acne since I was 12. Now I'm 30. LOL. What a joke.

MemberMember
(@rockyll)

Posted : 11/06/2013 3:13 am

Stop worrying about your appearance. Avoid the mirrors if you have to until you're able to stop obsessing about how you look.