Notifications
Clear all

Acne Holding Me Back In My Relationship...

MemberMember
(@sunny_d)

Posted : 11/04/2013 6:04 pm

Soooooo,

I firstly CANNOT believe I am sharing this BUT I am holding back in potential relationship with this great guy and only because of my horrendous acne-fied skin which is full of deep scarring and spots here, there and everywhere, Cannot believe acne has held me back so much over the years and continues to do so.

I just keep thinking he will be put off by me and think "EW". BUT, IF he does think that then I know the guy is an absolute ****head. Idk I am just chatting bubbles now.

FRUSTRATED

ANNOYED

*SIGH*

Advice needed ...

Any replies would be greatly appreciated ...

rolleyes.gifeusa_pray.gif

MemberMember
(@graciemeow)

Posted : 11/04/2013 6:18 pm

If he likes you already then - go for it! and like you said if he is put off by it then he's shallow and not worth the time. I bet you are a beautiful person both inside and out and if he can't see that then he's not worth your time.

Don't even let acne hold you back, ever. In the past Ive had some pretty understanding boyfriends who I could share how I felt about my skin and they were supportive of it :) he might be the guy!

MemberMember
(@sunny_d)

Posted : 11/04/2013 6:25 pm

Aww Graciemeow thank-you so much for your kind words! For, someone who doesn't even personally know me, for you to say such nice things restores my faith in humanity! There, really IS good people out there! THANK-YOU!! surprised.gifrolleyes.gif I guess it's easier talking to people that are in the same situation skin wise with you than any of your good friends cos they would never REALLY understand. Indeed, you are right. Maybe, I will give it a go and maybe he is "The One".

*Only time will tell*

MemberMember
(@nicky30)

Posted : 11/14/2013 4:02 pm

Hi

I know exactly how you feel. I was with my ex for 15 years until he left me pregnant for someone else :/. I have acne scarring but it hadn't really bothered me till I was single. I do online dating but only ever meet up with them when it's dark and iv had a drink. I did start seeing one guy but kicked him out in the mornings before he could see me in the daylight. If I could wave a magic wand.....:( x

MemberMember
(@triplen)

Posted : 11/20/2013 1:41 am

If he already likes you, he probably knows you have acne. If you haven't told him yet, well that's a different issue all together ;) but hey, go for it! What's the worst that could happen? Acne is a flaw and major insecurity but don't let it stop you from living life. This guy might just be what you need