Notifications
Clear all

Overwhelming Negativity In This Section

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 06/17/2013 12:14 pm

I don't find it negative in here, personally. This place has saved me from suicide more than a few times, and it was because of the positive vibes and loving support.

There are only a few people who are really negative all the time here. Most of the rest of us just have a bad day once in a while.

Frank*L liked
MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 06/17/2013 1:38 pm

I don't find it negative in here, personally. This place has saved me from suicide more than a few times, and it was because of the positive vibes and loving support.

There are only a few people who are really negative all the time here. Most of the rest of us just have a bad day once in a while.

there's been a few negatives of late actually.

i have joined not many days ago..and yes,even among lots of great people i have seen some not so greats.

and we r talking of them and just them.

also,u see even when u were broken,u imbibed the positivity and moved on.

u stopped urself.

all we want is to let that positive vibe spread.

luck!=)

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 06/18/2013 2:00 pm

well, from the looks of your pictures, you don't have it as worse as other members here so that might be a reason.

I still think that we should spread a positive vibe though but others are just going through much harder time.

Just my 2 cents :D

Please please give motivation and spread positive vibes because WE NEED IT!

MemberMember
(@frankl)

Posted : 06/18/2013 2:12 pm

well, from the looks of your pictures, you don't have it as worse as other members here so that might be a reason.

I still think that we should spread a positive vibe though but others are just going through much harder time.

Just my 2 cents biggrin.png

yea he obviously is a good looking dude with the confidence to post shirtless pics of himself but has the nerve to tell others who are going through much tougher times than him to stop being so negative. some of us are suffering beyond belief. acne is much physical as it is mental.

sure this board doesnt have to be all negative, hell this post is very negative but I also try to support others and be positive as well. its give and take. we are all trying to support each other, some of us just choose to be negative at all times which is also cool. who are you to tell them not to be? you dont know what they are going through!

MemberMember
(@ambitiousone)

Posted : 06/18/2013 3:32 pm

yea he obviously is a good looking dude with the confidence to post shirtless pics of himself but has the nerve to tell others who are going through much tougher times than him to stop being so negative. some of us are suffering beyond belief. acne is much physical as it is mental.

sure this board doesnt have to be all negative, hell this post is very negative but I also try to support others and be positive as well. its give and take. we are all trying to support each other, some of us just choose to be negative at all times which is also cool. who are you to tell them not to be? you dont know what they are going through!

I agree! Don't get me wrong I am all for freedom of expression, which may include posting topless pictures (which I WILL NEVER DO...I meant guys LOL), but i don't get the point of this topic. We are here to release our anger, our fears... yes, there are times when we want to share our happy moments.

Don't want to sound mean but I am not even fond of his pics. I prefer humility in a guy and strutting your body on an acne forum is a bit desperate for me.

First of all, I'd like to say that I've already noticed the irony of my username. I know this is easier said than done, but the overbearing negativity in this section of the forum is very destructive to some people's perception of themselves. When people go to this site, they do so for support and for good vibes. They are most likely down about their acne and are actively looking for solutions. In the meantime, when one clicks on this section, he or she shouldn't have to be bombarded with topic titles like "Dead," "Dying," "Life is over," "No pussy," "Acne is the worst thing that has ever happened and could happen to me in my life." These sorts of emotions are understandable in the midst of an acne breakout, but shouldn't be the be-all, end-all of any situation. I know that my words are unlikely to transform the nature of this section, but I've decided to put in my 2 cents worth pertaining to an issue I've been bothered by for a while now. What do you guys think?

I think it is within our rights to post our feelings here no matter how negative they are. If we are down about our acne it is encouraging to see other people going through hell and read their comforting comments.

As for my thoughts on you, I don't get your topless pictures, to be honest. Are you trying to pick a girl on this forum or you have confused an acne forum for a modelling one? For me, they look desperate. And that is my two cents.

MemberMember
(@mrnegative)

Posted : 06/18/2013 7:47 pm

Dude, you should take the advice from your profile pic. First of all, I am by no means being judgmental. I'm also suffering with acne on a daily basis, psychologically. The fact that I've got mine relatively (not completely) under control doesn't mean that I can't sympathize with others who are going through a tough time. My idea was to spread positive vibes and to show people that acne won't disable you from being a success in any department of life if you want it enough and showcase enough of your other good qualities. Chill, man.

I agree! Don't get me wrong I am all for freedom of expression, which may include posting topless pictures (which I WILL NEVER DO...I meant guys LOL), but i don't get the point of this topic. We are here to release our anger, our fears... yes, there are times when we want to share our happy moments.

Don't want to sound mean but I am not even fond of his pics. I prefer humility in a guy and strutting your body on an acne forum is a bit desperate for me.

>First of all, I'd like to say that I've already noticed the irony of my username. I know this is easier said than done, but the overbearing negativity in this section of the forum is very destructive to some people's perception of themselves. When people go to this site, they do so for support and for good vibes. They are most likely down about their acne and are actively looking for solutions. In the meantime, when one clicks on this section, he or she shouldn't have to be bombarded with topic titles like "Dead," "Dying," "Life is over," "No pussy," "Acne is the worst thing that has ever happened and could happen to me in my life." These sorts of emotions are understandable in the midst of an acne breakout, but shouldn't be the be-all, end-all of any situation. I know that my words are unlikely to transform the nature of this section, but I've decided to put in my 2 cents worth pertaining to an issue I've been bothered by for a while now. What do you guys think?

I think it is within our rights to post our feelings here no matter how negative they are. If we are down about our acne it is encouraging to see other people going through hell and read their comforting comments.

As for my thoughts on you, I don't get your topless pictures, to be honest. Are you trying to pick a girl on this forum or you have confused an acne forum for a modelling one? For me, they look desperate. And that is my two cents.

Lmao, I can honestly post whatever I want on this forum. I haven't been disrespectful to anyone and I've only been positive in my responses to people. To be completely honest, I was also depressed over my acne a few months ago and went through a horrific time recovering from the mental toll it took on me. I understand what it's like to struggle. Having said that, you sound like you have deeper problems than acne, Ambitious One. Calling me out on posting happy pictures of myself (a thing that a lot of the good looking people on here do, for kicks) doesn't seem like a natural move from a person without inner issues to address. Chin up.

Now there's a person who is thinking a bit more positively and hasn't tried to immediately accuse me of showing off or attempting to make people feel worse about their situation. I chose not to post pictures of my acne and opted for happier pictures that give me motivation and hopefully exude a sort of carefree vibe - something that I'd like to instill in everyone who is struggling deeply. Think about all the positive qualities you have and try not to dwell as much. This is all I'm saying. Yes, I don't have severe acne at the moment. This doesn't mean I'm clueless as to the struggle of the members of this site. There's a reason I want to be active in this community. At times I've turned to it for support and now I'd like to offer the same courtesy. Thanks for your mature response.

MemberMember
(@stella-the-diver)

Posted : 06/18/2013 10:04 pm

Come on guys, we can't just assume things about people just by looking at the pictures they post.

yeah, my profile pic doesn't show my acne, it's actually one of the pics I really like of myself because it's a low webcam quality that doesn't show it , does that mean that I think of myself as some "hot stuff" and don't struggle with the emotional and psychological effects of acne? Of course not! it's not wrong to post pictures of ourselves that make us look nice, it's only normal, is it not, but that doesn't mean we can't experience pain.

MemberMember
(@mrnegative)

Posted : 06/18/2013 10:09 pm

Come on guys, we can't just assume things about people just by looking at the pictures they post.

yeah, my profile pic doesn't show my acne, it's actually one of the pics I really like of myself because it's a low webcam quality that doesn't show it , does that mean that I think of myself as some "hot stuff" and don't struggle with the emotional and psychological effects of acne? Of course not! it's not wrong to post pictures of ourselves that make us look nice, it's only normal, is it not, but that doesn't mean we can't experience pain.

I had a feeling you'd be one of the rational ones, Stella. I've come across your posts before. Thank you for that - it means a lot to see that someone can see through the haze.

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 06/19/2013 12:15 am

My idea was to spread positive vibes and to show people that acne won't disable you from being a success in any department of life if you want it enough and showcase enough of your other good qualities. Chill, man.

The thing is, some people can't do that. For some people, acne IS disabling in those ways. Plenty of people have depression and other chemical imbalances that make those things difficult anyway, let alone with severe acne which causes ongoing physical and mental pain on a daily basis. I'm only saying this from my perspective as someone who suffered with that for a long time: for me, hearing the whole "mind over matter, be positive, you can still choose to be happy" stuff made me feel worse. It made me feel like I was failing on being mentally strong on TOP of failing in health and beauty, you know? I'm not saying this is what you're saying and I do get the point you're trying to make, but honestly I was unable to change my perspective and get happy with acne. It took me getting better from it to begin climbing out of the hole of depression that I was in and I still suffer with depression over other things.

I'm not sure how to exactly articulate the point I'm trying to make and I'm not criticizing you or anything. We've had very similar discussions in here before and I just basically feel that this should be a place where people can be as depressed as they need to be without worrying about coming off too negative or anything like that. I don't think it's true that anyone can find success and happiness while having severe acne (or other limiting health conditions). Many people kill themselves over these things. Depression is a serious disease and acne can most definitely feed into that. It's not always under the person's control how negative they are being. We should just be 100 percent supportive here and nothing else. Just my opinion. I'm tired and rambling. smile.png

MemberMember
(@cyberpile)

Posted : 06/19/2013 12:37 am

"There is no single disease which causes more psychic trauma, more maladjustment between parents and children, more general insecurity and feelings of inferiority and greater sums of psychic suffering than does acne vulgaris." --Sulzberger & Zaldems"

You are beyond delusional, dude. I'm sorry that I had to be so blunt. Especially your last few statements. You have NO idea what you're talking about if you think that there is no disease more serious than acne when it comes to causing psychic trauma, etc. Think about life more deeply. That's pretty much the only advice I can give you. I have had moderate acne outbreaks more than once in my life and do have some scarring, but I have 0 problems hooking up with girls and being a head-turner anywhere I go. Again, sorry for being so blunt, but this really pressed my buttons.

Jeez, those aren't my words! I was just ending with a common quote written in a psychology book by pretty smart psychologists. However, acne is the most common skin disease, so it just might be possible that acne has caused more maladjustment between parents and children, more general insecurity and feelings of inferiority as a whole than any other skin disease. Leprosy just isn't very common. So, maybe those psychologist weren't delusional after all. You misinterpreted my statements. The sum of all the psychic trauma caused by acne might be higher than leprosy because hundreds of millions of people get acne and only few get leprosy. Do you understand? Maybe you enjoy insulting people after misinterpreting their statments. Do you enjoy giving advice to people that have posted earlier that they don't want to hear someone with moderate acne telling them what to do? You just completely ignore my request, misinterpret a quote, you write a straw man argument after I wrote about being sick of all the bad arguments, you insult me, and you probably just found an excuse to brag about being a head turner since it goes against nothing I said. I found the quote on medscape above a study on acne and quality of life in case you interested.

Think about how you are irrationally treating people that disagree with you and how it goes against what your original post says. That's the only advice I will give you.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 06/19/2013 1:25 am

one can post any pic of their's (except if its not vulgar).its silly to question it asking whether or not it is to pick girls.

also,i am not saying dnt post sad posts when u r upset.

just dnt be a rat who never gets positive.

we r here because we have acne.

its moderate now,doesnt mean it was never serious.

and it doesnt mean we dnt get what people are going through.we wouldnt be here answering emotional posts asking them to look through it if we were not interested.

some just think they are the only one who get logic and emotions!!

i know its very difficult to get to facts when its one of the worst days.

but do they only post to get replies like "i am suicidal too.i suffer too."?

i see posts weighing acne and cancer!

and then some accuse us of being insensitive for we dnt get how painful acne is.

some other post talks about acne doesnt let them be a pussy slayer or in other case the interviewer rejected him for acne.

doesnt matter how many in whichever way explain them that it might be their attitude and work that is the main reason,they dnt get it.

i do feel bad initially.but if they go on for well long time,i must admit i feel they need professional help!

some get effected by acne more than some others.

its not wrong.its not right.

just like depression due to other reasons like death or failure etc can be and should be addressed.

so can 'depression for acne' be addressed.(its a separate story that no many goes for it)

if u find an answer here,we r all happy for u.

there's nothing more we want.

but if u see being here isnt helping u in any way,well u gotta understand u need help.

some say oh i dint treat acne initially and now i have scars i will have to live with all my life.

similarly,just being negative all the time will leave ur scars all ur life - why?because work,life,personal relations are all effected.so why not treat?here or otherwise.

for me,if i see a post that needs us(sad posts not those who complain girls are low and only choose hot men),i try to motivate(some days i expect the same from people) but if its beyond repair by us,then help should be seeked.

MemberMember
(@scarface123)

Posted : 06/19/2013 4:26 am

My idea was to spread positive vibes and to show people that acne won't disable you from being a success in any department of life if you want it enough and showcase enough of your other good qualities. Chill, man.

The thing is, some people can't do that. For some people, acne IS disabling in those ways. Plenty of people have depression and other chemical imbalances that make those things difficult anyway, let alone with severe acne which causes ongoing physical and mental pain on a daily basis. I'm only saying this from my perspective as someone who suffered with that for a long time: for me, hearing the whole "mind over matter, be positive, you can still choose to be happy" stuff made me feel worse. It made me feel like I was failing on being mentally strong on TOP of failing in health and beauty, you know? I'm not saying this is what you're saying and I do get the point you're trying to make, but honestly I was unable to change my perspective and get happy with acne. It took me getting better from it to begin climbing out of the hole of depression that I was in and I still suffer with depression over other things.

I'm not sure how to exactly articulate the point I'm trying to make and I'm not criticizing you or anything. We've had very similar discussions in here before and I just basically feel that this should be a place where people can be as depressed as they need to be without worrying about coming off too negative or anything like that. I don't think it's true that anyone can find success and happiness while having severe acne (or other limiting health conditions). Many people kill themselves over these things. Depression is a serious disease and acne can most definitely feed into that. It's not always under the person's control how negative they are being. We should just be 100 percent supportive here and nothing else. Just my opinion. I'm tired and rambling. smile.png

Yeah, exactly man, that's the way I figured out. If you play positive and a good guy, others will notice that you actually faking and will tkink of you as #cringeworthy. Been there, done that. You have to find yourself and you have to be what you are. I figured out that what makes me really happy is doing what I like. But that doesn't need to be an obstacle.

MemberMember
(@elliew8)

Posted : 06/19/2013 7:55 am

Just though I'd weigh in here...doesn't it make sense to let people be negative or positive whenever they feel like it? Fair enough sometimes it's a bit depressing to read but equally it's reassuring too because others are going through the same stuff.

I think if it seems overwhelmingly negative maybe just don't click on those posts and start a few positive threads. Same goes for when negative threads get some positive advice - if we are feeling like we need to just wallow/ vent without the pep talk then don't reply to the poster.

It's no good complaining about each other, some people are more optimistic and others more pessimistic, either way this is the section to deal with emotions so just accept the happy posts along with the depressing ones.

MemberMember
(@mrnegative)

Posted : 06/19/2013 8:15 am

>

Yeah, exactly man, that's the way I figured out. If you play positive and a good guy, others will notice that you actually faking and will thing of you as #cringeworthy. Been there, done that. You have to find yourself and you have to be what you are. I figured out that what makes me really happy is doing what I like. But that doesn't need to be an obstacle.

I see the merits of your post, but I do take a bit of an issue with the phrasing "play positive and a good guy." I'm not really attempting to "play" anything. I don't see this as some sort of stage. I -am- being what I am and doing what makes me happy by trying to view things in a less depressing way. I'm working on changing the view that I had for months in regards to acne. It's sad that I'm realizing now how useless and wasteful feeling down really is. Yes, there were times when I couldn't help it - but that's when you usually know it's time for help from others (and not just users on this site). If a user is happy being consistently negative and posting things that hint at their hatred for life, then have at it. For some reason though, I find that rather hard to believe.

Just though I'd weigh in here...doesn't it make sense to let people be negative or positive whenever they feel like it? Fair enough sometimes it's a bit depressing to read but equally it's reassuring too because others are going through the same stuff.

I think if it seems overwhelmingly negative maybe just don't click on those posts and start a few positive threads. Same goes for when negative threads get some positive advice - if we are feeling like we need to just wallow/ vent without the pep talk then don't reply to the poster.

It's no good complaining about each other, some people are more optimistic and others more pessimistic, either way this is the section to deal with emotions so just accept the happy posts along with the depressing ones.

Ellie, thanks. That's a balanced response. Maybe my topic was a bit provocative and it seemed like I was indeed "complaining" or blasting users for doing what they're doing. I was certainly showcasing my dislike for some of the more banal, depressing topics in this section, but I never meant to criticize or demean anyone's input. It was mainly an opinion topic, which is why I asked for feedback. What I didn't ask for (some users didn't really get this) is pathetic personal attacks stemming from insecurity. Ah, but we're well past that now, aren't we? :)

MemberMember
(@cyberpile)

Posted : 06/19/2013 11:54 am

"There is no single disease which causes more psychic trauma, more maladjustment between parents and children, more general insecurity and feelings of inferiority and greater sums of psychic suffering than does acne vulgaris." --Sulzberger & Zaldems"

i have nothing to say on this!

i will ignore the fact that some said this and others believed.

Billions of people get acne when they are young. Their is no way of adding up all the all the psychic trauma but can you name a skin disease that's common enough to have a higher sum of maladjustment between parents and children, more general insecurity and feeling of inferiority and greater sums of psychic suffering than does acne vulgaris? It's a quote from medscape introducing a study showing acne's impact on quality of life.

its moderate now,doesnt mean it was never serious.

and it doesnt mean we dnt get what people are going through.we wouldnt be here answering emotional posts asking them to look through it if we were not interested.

and then some accuse us of being insensitive for we dnt get how painful acne is.

It seems some people with severe acne believe other people don't truly understand what it's like. It also seems people who enjoy giving happy posts believe they do understand the pain and that some severe acne sufferer's don't understand the benefit of thinking positively. I'm sure they're both right depending on the persons involved. The hard part is convincing the people that are wrong why they are wrong when the person is irrational and emotionally driven.

some say oh i dint treat acne initially and now i have scars i will have to live with all my life.

similarly,just being negative all the time will leave ur scars all ur life - why?because work,life,personal relations are all effected.so why not treat?here or otherwise.

for me,if i see a post that needs us(sad posts not those who complain girls are low and only choose hot men),i try to motivate(some days i expect the same from people) but if its beyond repair by us,then help should be seeked.

I said that in order to argue that obsessing about acne isn't necessarily bad. I wasn't trying to be negative. I give sad arguments sometimes in order to have evidence that supports my conclusions. Is it somehow wrong to argue using sad stories? Does that make me a negative person?

Ellie, thanks. That's a balanced response. Maybe my topic was a bit provocative and it seemed like I was indeed "complaining" or blasting users for doing what they're doing. I was certainly showcasing my dislike for some of the more banal, depressing topics in this section, but I never meant to criticize or demean anyone's input. It was mainly an opinion topic, which is why I asked for feedback. What I didn't ask for (some users didn't really get this) is pathetic personal attacks stemming from insecurity. Ah, but we're well past that now, aren't we? smile.png

"is a pathetic personal attack stemming form insecurity" Try to be a little nicer. Is it really necessary to start calling the suspicious depressed people that argue against you insecure, especially since you're suppose to be bringing positivity? Sadly, some of your replies our pathetic insulting attacks.

MemberMember
(@mrnegative)

Posted : 06/19/2013 12:07 pm

i have nothing to say on this!

i will ignore the fact that some said this and others believed.

Billions of people get acne when they are young. Their is no way of adding up all the all the psychic trauma but can you name a skin disease that's common enough to have a higher sum of maladjustment between parents and children, more general insecurity and feeling of inferiority and greater sums of psychic suffering than does acne vulgaris? It's a quote from medscape introducing a study showing acne's impact on quality of life.

>its moderate now,doesnt mean it was never serious.

It seems some people with severe acne believe other people don't truly understand what it's like. It also seems people who enjoy giving happy posts believe they do understand the pain and that some severe acne sufferer's don't understand the benefit of thinking positively. I'm sure they're both right depending on the persons involved. The hard part is convincing the people that are wrong why they are wrong when the person is irrational and emotionally driven.

I said that in order to argue that obsessing about acne isn't necessarily bad. I wasn't trying to be negative. I give sad arguments sometimes in order to have evidence that supports my conclusions. Is it somehow wrong to argue using sad stories? Does that make me a negative person?

Ellie, thanks. That's a balanced response. Maybe my topic was a bit provocative and it seemed like I was indeed "complaining" or blasting users for doing what they're doing. I was certainly showcasing my dislike for some of the more banal, depressing topics in this section, but I never meant to criticize or demean anyone's input. It was mainly an opinion topic, which is why I asked for feedback. What I didn't ask for (some users didn't really get this) is pathetic personal attacks stemming from insecurity. Ah, but we're well past that now, aren't we? smile.png

"is a pathetic personal attack stemming form insecurity" Try to be a little nicer. Is it really necessary to start calling the suspicious depressed people that argue against you insecure, especially since you're suppose to be bringing positivity? Sadly, some of your replies our pathetic insulting attacks.

I was quite nice, but it isn't really like me to let a personal attack go without a little nibble. I've had my joy - I'm over it now :) Call me immature if you'd like, I'm sure others take more kindly to ad-hominem remarks.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 06/19/2013 2:04 pm

for me its not just about skin disorders.

but since u seem only interested in skin diseases,i think any skin disease can be equally failing and depressing.

those with eczema or rosacea or even those with severe dry skin go through depressions.

i have less idea about why just acne that would isolate someone.

my guess - its primarily starts in teen age and its a vulnerable age.

but that is applicable for any disease or condition that is teenage trait!

There is no single disease which causes more psychic trauma,

u really believe that?

really?

no other disease?

its said,doesnt mean its true!

I WILL NOT DIRECTLY ANSWER UR QUESTION BUT I WANNA STATE two THING :

one,sadness n depression has done me no good.

i was depressed for the longest time for both my skin and personal & professional reasons.

i wish i could explain how broken i was and how painful those days were.

i has isolated myself from everyone.

i was at home all day everyday and i remember not using a phone for over one year.

that for me was good and i thought then ,its comfort.

but the more i broke and gave in the more vulnerable i became.

the fact that i couldnt see light and hope made me weaker.

i know it sounds all very poetic and everything.

but then,its really painful to submit urself without even realising its almost like a trap.

unless u sit up and fight back,u can never come out of it.

the issues that had caught me in then,they still remain.

the intensity comes up and goes down now and then and i do have weak moments but u see i know that i need to see light in dark times too!

two,i have joined this site after i was almost over the 'severe' phase both in terms of skin and life.

i wish i had someone who would tell me look up and show me reasons to get up.

explain that i am going nowhere with that attitude.

it would have taken less days to realise.

may be i could have suffered a lil' less.

i am really sorry that i rambled so much about something that is kinda off topic.

but i will make myself clear now.

that is doesnt matter how fake people thing i am(i am sure some do) and doesnt matter if they think i am grabbing attention(heaven knows what they believe i will get in return!) i will do whatever it takes to give explain someone who's sad that depression AND endless frustration will not do her/him any good.not health wise,not mentally or for the skin.

if he/she thinks i can help,i will stick on.

i will explain every aspect i know of and keep showing logic why they should ignore anything that is pulling them back and to move on.

because doing that makes me feel good.

so i will do that for myself.

i wont stop.

i am not sure if thats how i should define a negative person.

but do u think just for the sake argument,if u say obesessing about acne isnt bad - is it right?

u tell me.

MemberMember
(@frankl)

Posted : 06/19/2013 4:13 pm

hey I'm sorry. I meant no disrespect.

much love

MemberMember
(@cyberpile)

Posted : 06/19/2013 5:06 pm

There is no single disease which causes more psychic trauma,

u really believe that?

really?

no other disease?

its said,doesnt mean its true!

like i said, billions of people have had acne when they were young. That part of the quote that might not be true. I'm sure growing up with leprosy across my face would cause me more psychic trauma, but it's referring to the sum of all the psychic trauma from acne. This is counting all the people that have suffered greatly from acne and scarring for years and even the teenagers that were embarrassed about having one pimple.

i am not sure if thats how i should define a negative person.

but do u think just for the sake argument,if u say obesessing about acne isnt bad - is it right?

u tell me.

It depends on what you mean by right. If RIGHT means to do things that increase overall happiness and decrease suffering then actively searching for a treatment may be the right thing to do. It is possible that a person might have a more pleasurable life, if their face isn't covered with severe scarring for the rest of their life. So, obsessing over acne is just a means to an end for some people and it can be interpreted as the right thing to do.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 06/20/2013 1:27 am

hey I'm sorry. I meant no disrespect.

much love

if that was for me,pls dont be sorry.

i know u dint.

but i think some do.

and honestly its been a while here and now it doesn effect me as much.

*hugs*

MemberMember
(@elliew8)

Posted : 06/20/2013 3:29 am

>>

Yeah, exactly man, that's the way I figured out. If you play positive and a good guy, others will notice that you actually faking and will thing of you as #cringeworthy. Been there, done that. You have to find yourself and you have to be what you are. I figured out that what makes me really happy is doing what I like. But that doesn't need to be an obstacle.

I see the merits of your post, but I do take a bit of an issue with the phrasing "play positive and a good guy." I'm not really attempting to "play" anything. I don't see this as some sort of stage. I -am- being what I am and doing what makes me happy by trying to view things in a less depressing way. I'm working on changing the view that I had for months in regards to acne. It's sad that I'm realizing now how useless and wasteful feeling down really is. Yes, there were times when I couldn't help it - but that's when you usually know it's time for help from others (and not just users on this site). If a user is happy being consistently negative and posting things that hint at their hatred for life, then have at it. For some reason though, I find that rather hard to believe.

Yeah I think it's just a sensitive issue which is why it's got so many people riled...I wouldn't take anything personally on this site, just take it with a pinch of salt - everyone is going through a lot of physical and emotional stuff so it's understandable that everyone is getting worked up I guess.

Oh and just to add to Sisyphus: no one here is denying the psychological impact of acne AT ALL and undoubtedly it's both widespread and deeply rooted. HOWEVER, to quote something that states acne is the biggest form of psychic trauma is just plain ignorant...I'm sorry to be harsh but if that's what you actually believe then you need a bit of a reality check. Acne is crap...but there are a lot more mentally debilitating diseases and conditions out there, it basically suggests you are comparing a disease like cancer to acne, which frankly is either stupid or naive.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 06/20/2013 3:40 am

i keep saying acne is troublesome.it does play with ur physical and mental health.

but i dont think i can ever compare it with deadly diseases like cancer or anything else.

i know the rare extremely severe case is considered almost deadly but thats very rare.

as for terming it 'suicidal' and 'depressing' - its just like how a break up or some other condition makes one suicidal.

there are other meds too which has severe side effects(not just accutane).

but u see at the end of the day,these can be addressed.its s separate story that hardly anyone visits a psych consult or a general counselor or a mind therapist for acne.

one option is seeking help from people around u who can motivate u or/and somehow bring u out of it.

for that things that need to be done are - #sad and real thoughts be spoken out and #imbibing of positivity and responding to the any form of therapy.

so,when u say acne is a disease thats utterly painful and cause lots of trouble.i agree with u.

but,

when u say acne is the most traumatic disease and is just as bad or even worse than other deadly diseases.

i disagree.

i have spoken in details about it in another post.

i could send u a link to that if u want.

It is possible that a person might have a more pleasurable life, if their face isn't covered with severe scarring for the rest of their life. So, obsessing over acne is just a means to an end for some people and it can be interpreted as the right thing to do.

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 06/20/2013 11:36 am

What I think they were trying to say (and I agree with) is that for some people, acne can be as devastating as cancer. There were times I would have rather had cancer (and known that I would die soon and be put out of this misery versus having to choose between never ending suffering or suicide) than the severe acne that I had. I definitely thought about suicide often. You could say that I, and others, are "wrong" to feel that way because "it could be worse." But the experience of suffering is an individual thing based on that person's perspective.

There are people who are very mentally healthy and have learned to have a great perspective who are still quite happy and live life with joy while having terminal cancer. There are people with acne who suffer from depression who might be in an unbearable amount of mental pain. There are people who don't even have any physical health condition and are practically supermodel-perfect, yet have a mental disorder like severe depression or anxiety or an eating disorder, and they are suffering with a daily existence that amounts to pure torture. Telling someone like that it could be worse will not help them, because for them, the pain they are in is already at the maximum limit.

What is worse for one may be better for another. We cannot judge what another person feels. So if someone were to come in here and say that for them, having acne is worse than having cancer, it would be wrong to judge that: in their perspective, it may very well be true.

Frank*L liked
MemberMember
(@mrnegative)

Posted : 06/20/2013 2:13 pm

What I think they were trying to say (and I agree with) is that for some people, acne can be as devastating as cancer. There were times I would have rather had cancer (and known that I would die soon and be put out of this misery versus having to choose between never ending suffering or suicide) than the severe acne that I had. I definitely thought about suicide often. You could say that I, and others, are "wrong" to feel that way because "it could be worse." But the experience of suffering is an individual thing based on that person's perspective.

There are people who are very mentally healthy and have learned to have a great perspective who are still quite happy and live life with joy while having terminal cancer. There are people with acne who suffer from depression who might be in an unbearable amount of mental pain. There are people who don't even have any physical health condition and are practically supermodel-perfect, yet have a mental disorder like severe depression or anxiety or an eating disorder, and they are suffering with a daily existence that amounts to pure torture. Telling someone like that it could be worse will not help them, because for them, the pain they are in is already at the maximum limit.

What is worse for one may be better for another. We cannot judge what another person feels. So if someone were to come in here and say that for them, having acne is worse than having cancer, it would be wrong to judge that: in their perspective, it may very well be true.

This is simply shocking. That's about all there is to say. If your thoughts are spiraling down to the extent that you are wishing you had cancer instead of acne, then you are severely depressed and likely on the verge of institutionalization. This is not to say that there aren't cases like that, but it's utterly irrational, which is why professional help is provided for such feelings.

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 06/20/2013 2:40 pm

You know what? I tried to be nice but you are judgmental. I'm done.