Notifications
Clear all

If Your Son/daughter Had Acne

MemberMember
(@elvin83)

Posted : 05/20/2013 11:21 am

aanabill, that's exactly what I am saying. Both parents could have perfect skin and the child could STILL end up with acne.

Besides, you've got to let your children be who they want to be. Your son might not want to be athletic, he may pursue art, music or aviation instead.

Then I won't look after him or think of him as my son most likely anymore.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha YES!!! biggrin.png

Oh man, you are too damn funny. I'm laughing my ass off reading your posts.

This board has been boring for quite some time now, so this is exactly what we need.

Troll or not, please stay here as long as you can. You are like a friggin comedian. biggrin.png

Elvin

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/20/2013 1:41 pm

aanabill, that's exactly what I am saying. Both parents could have perfect skin and the child could STILL end up with acne.

Besides, you've got to let your children be who they want to be. Your son might not want to be athletic, he may pursue art, music or aviation instead.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha YES!!! biggrin.png

Oh man, you are too damn funny. I'm laughing my ass off reading your posts.

This board has been boring for quite some time now, so this is exactly what we need.

Troll or not, please stay here as long as you can. You are like a friggin comedian. biggrin.png

Elvin

oh u made me laugh mate!

cheers!

there may be other reasons girls dont like u?ever thought of that?

ur attitude?

the way u think or take things?

the way u might leave her future-children when they refuse to be athletic?

eh?

MemberMember
(@maplesyrupmama)

Posted : 05/21/2013 3:42 am

I suspect a troll.

Anyway, Madeleine24, you are absolutely right, my husband and I were both athletic (in fact, my husband still is). Our son is not very athletically inclined but is very academic, our daughter is a natural athlete, but prefers dance and art. :)

MemberMember
(@madeleine24)

Posted : 05/21/2013 7:37 am

Really haha I am not a troll, aren't they bullies? I didn't mean any harm.

You can't control your kids. And you can't control whether or not they will get acne.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/21/2013 9:15 am

Really haha I am not a troll, aren't they bullies? I didn't mean any harm.

You can't control your kids. And you can't control whether or not they will get acne.

actually i dont think she meant that for u!grinwink.gif

MemberMember
(@meowza)

Posted : 05/21/2013 8:57 pm

I think I must be lucky. My acne is genetic, I got it from my late father. When I was 10 or 11 I started getting acne, quite badly. I didn't know what to do. I was too embarrassed to ask anyone about it. But my dad was really there for me and I think it was because he suffered with acne and he knew exactly how I was feeling. My whole life he was my biggest cheerleader and the one who really fought the acne fight with me. He was a doctor himself and he got me into see some great derms, he pushed for new treatments, and he helped me put the lotions and potions on my back where I couldn't reach. He showed me his scars and he told me about how self conscious he was about his skin when he had been my age. I remember one particular story about how they made him swim (he was on the swim team) with his shirt on because of the acne on his back, and how it made him just work harder to be the guy to beat in the pool. It broke my heart but made me feel so much less alone. He also told me how it didn't hold him back from doing the things he loved. He ran track too, met my mom, went to med school, and had kids. He had a great life despite his acne. This gave me a huge amount of respect for my father. He actually took Accutane in his 40s, and it cleared him 90-95%, which is why he only had mostly scars to show me when I was a kid. I am currently on Accutane (he had pushed for me to try it, but at the time no Drs. would give it to me for various reasons), I just wish he was here now to help me though my course. I would have so many questions for him, I could use his advice everyday.

I think the key is to be open, approachable, honest and supportive.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/22/2013 4:35 am

I think I must be lucky. My acne is genetic, I got it from my late father. When I was 10 or 11 I started getting acne, quite badly. I didn't know what to do. I was too embarrassed to ask anyone about it. But my dad was really there for me and I think it was because he suffered with acne and he knew exactly how I was feeling. My whole life he was my biggest cheerleader and the one who really fought the acne fight with me. He was a doctor himself and he got me into see some great derms, he pushed for new treatments, and he helped me put the lotions and potions on my back where I couldn't reach. He showed me his scars and he told me about how self conscious he was about his skin when he had been my age. I remember one particular story about how they made him swim (he was on the swim team) with his shirt on because of the acne on his back, and how it made him just work harder to be the guy to beat in the pool. It broke my heart but made me feel so much less alone. He also told me how it didn't hold him back from doing the things he loved. He ran track too, met my mom, went to med school, and had kids. He had a great life despite his acne. This gave me a huge amount of respect for my father. He actually took Accutane in his 40s, and it cleared him 90-95%, which is why he only had mostly scars to show me when I was a kid. I am currently on Accutane (he had pushed for me to try it, but at the time no Drs. would give it to me for various reasons), I just wish he was here now to help me though my course. I would have so many questions for him, I could use his advice everyday.

oh i give him all my regards and respect wherever he is.

he's a lovely strong man.=)

u're very lucky mate.

cheers!

MemberMember
(@perseverance92)

Posted : 05/24/2013 4:16 am

I want to impregnate a women who I know for a fact has good skin quality, and good athletic genetics so I can have my son become an athletic beast and have clear skin and be set for life, I will also try to instill a good training and healthy eating program on him from a young age so he can reach his potential earlier and so he can be dedicated from a young age.

It's highly important to be very healthy, and have superior genetics and showcase your superiority to others.

You are pretty superficial.Sorry to say...You want your son to be "an athletic beast"? What if he's more into academics? What if it's a daughter rather than a son?...Your parochial approach to life depresses me.

MemberMember
(@perseverance92)

Posted : 05/25/2013 5:31 am

I want to impregnate a women who I know for a fact has good skin quality, and good athletic genetics so I can have my son become an athletic beast and have clear skin and be set for life, I will also try to instill a good training and healthy eating program on him from a young age so he can reach his potential earlier and so he can be dedicated from a young age.

It's highly important to be very healthy, and have superior genetics and showcase your superiority to others.

I am guessing that you are an acne sufferer who's trying to be humorous to feel happy.However if that is not so and if you're really serious about that then ... "Showcase your superiority to others" huh? Stop being a narcissist .Get something profound in your life and achieve it . God bless you.

MemberMember
(@snsdgirl14)

Posted : 05/26/2013 2:04 am

I probably wouldn't say anything until they reached puberty and got a pimple or two. Then I might buy a cleanser for them or something and some BP for their zits.

My mom never warned me about acne or anything; one day, I just got a zit. And I was not very concerned by it. I knew what zits were and everything because of the media/other people having them, so I just asked my mom to buy me something for them and then she brought me to a derm. And that was that. If anything, I don't want my child to become obsessed with their skin like I have. I want to instill values in them that their inner qualities are what's most important.

MemberMember
(@quietjamie14)

Posted : 05/26/2013 4:06 am

I think your late father sounds like an inspiration. For me, that is the definition of a real man - not afraid to open up about emotional hurt, supportive of others, but at the same time refusing to let those problems hold him back in life.

That's also how I'm trying to deal with my acne problems - I cycle or run every day to keep fit, I've worked hard to achieve a PhD and am publishing a book; haven't met my future wife yet, but you never know! I hope I can pass this attitude onto my children one day.

MemberMember
(@perseverance92)

Posted : 05/26/2013 12:42 pm

I have always been unhappy about my physical traits ever since my childhood.I hate my skin (oh yes!) ,i hate my hair (they are ridiculously curly),i hate my ears (they are tiny),i hate my height (i'm 5 10") ,i hate my nose ...lol .When i first read about evolution and how genes are passed onto by their parents,i developed this faint idea of out breeding leading to superior results and better gene pool.Now ,in our Indian society especially among Hindus.,there is severe inbreeding.We marry with partners of the same caste,geographical location,same area/locality (LOL obnoxious yeh).The offspring is often a receiver of bad genes. So i have this plan of marrying outside my community or even my religion to improve my gene pool .However naive it may sound ,i actually fancy this plan! (haha).

Regarding my son/daughter having acne...then i would leave no stone un-turned in helping my child.I would warn my child about the mistakes i made with my acne(many!!) .Seeing my child in the same predicament as me would really make me lose my sanity.I would fail as a parent.Acne really makes life an ordeal not worth living! With this said i would disagree with my own point.Not having a passion kills you.You'll be empty minded and acne would consume you.So developing a passion is your first step in defeating acne.

So i have started to concentrate more on my preparations for GMAT.I want to study in Singapore and forget about acne for now.Once i start my own business(with little help from dad ),i'd like to churn money and earn something like 20 million dollars (50 crore rupees).With that i'll really like to fund a research on acne and how it can be prevented or eradicated .

Sorry for being so incoherent.Writing about my life plans in a section titled "Son/daughter had acne" ...Good night ;)

MemberMember
(@skyeehi)

Posted : 05/30/2013 12:02 pm

Hi everyone.. As I was scrolling through the psychological effects of acne I ran into this post and I immediately felt not alone. I'm having this ordeal now I don't want to live life like this any longer, my daughter my baby who is only THREE years old is showings signs of the same face decese I have my mothers side all of them have a pock marcked face I know it sounds like I'm exaggerating but I have non inflamed acne where all I get is clogged pores and black heads almost every pore on my cheeks and chin nose is clogged nothing works and they leave behind a enlarged scarred pore. Why do I have this? Why doesn't my skin shrink back after a clogged pore? Can you imagine everyday seeing more scarred pores on your face. And now my daughter had silky smooth face I would never thought that her little pores would show signs of enlarging at such young age! Are my genes really that messed up that I've passed on to her? I feel like I lost everything I lost the fight to this. I'm so depressed I cry all day but I will not mention this to her I just tell her not to touch her face bcus she's got icky germy hands. D My precious daughter she cannot have the same fate as me! I don't understand, what can I do? My husband has good genes and does not get any acne and always told me he hopes our beautiful children take after him I know it sounds mean but I actually agreed with him. Is it normal maybe just summer time kids pores enlarge? She has two little holes on he cheek and her pores are showing some texture. Help me guys!

MemberMember
(@stella-the-diver)

Posted : 05/30/2013 12:15 pm

Hi everyone.. As I was scrolling through the psychological effects of acne I ran into this post and I immediately felt not alone. I'm having this ordeal now I don't want to live life like this any longer, my daughter my baby who is only THREE years old is showings signs of the same face decese I have my mothers side all of them have a pock marcked face I know it sounds like I'm exaggerating but I have non inflamed acne where all I get is clogged pores and black heads almost every pore on my cheeks and chin nose is clogged nothing works and they leave behind a enlarged scarred pore. Why do I have this? Why doesn't my skin shrink back after a clogged pore? Can you imagine everyday seeing more scarred pores on your face. And now my daughter had silky smooth face I would never thought that her little pores would show signs of enlarging at such young age! Are my genes really that messed up that I've passed on to her? I feel like I lost everything I lost the fight to this. I'm so depressed I cry all day but I will not mention this to her I just tell her not to touch her face bcus she's got icky germy hands. D My precious daughter she cannot have the same fate as me! I don't understand, what can I do? My husband has good genes and does not get any acne and always told me he hopes our beautiful children take after him I know it sounds mean but I actually agreed with him. Is it normal maybe just summer time kids pores enlarge? She has two little holes on he cheek and her pores are showing some texture. Help me guys!

wow, it's the first time I hear about a case like that. I'm sure your daughter is very beautiful and no amount of clogged pores or blackheads can take her beauty away from her. She's lucky to have such a caring mother. Perhaps, you should consult a doctor about her skin?

MemberMember
(@skyeehi)

Posted : 05/30/2013 4:14 pm

Okay well I'm doing a lot better now, I think it's all in my head I really am having psychological problems with this. She had just come back from the park when I noticed but after she cooled down and took a shower her skin became silky smooth again it was just her sweat glands and i pray to god it stays clear forever. Why does this horrible decese have to even exist.

MemberMember
(@celestialelf)

Posted : 05/30/2013 5:05 pm

My husband has good genes and does not get any acne and always told me he hopes our beautiful children take after him I know it sounds mean but I actually agreed with him.

Ack! I'm sorry but this just really stuck out to me. I can't believe he actually said that. No sane person with half a heart would EVER make a comment like that to their wife .. good god. Are you sure you want to be with a person who says cruel things to you like that? :(

MemberMember
(@ries)

Posted : 05/30/2013 8:54 pm

I honestly don't know what to do if my child had an acne.

But if you and and your partner have severe acne, would you even consider having a child? I've been thinking about that lately just for future reference.

MemberMember
(@frankl)

Posted : 05/30/2013 9:07 pm

But if you and and your partner have severe acne, would you even consider having a child? I've been thinking about that lately just for future reference.

I've thought about this before. I dont think my partner would need to have acne for my kid to have it too. part of me would love to feel the joy of being a father but most of me says I wouldn't want to pass on my shit genetics.

MemberMember
(@flowergirl1234)

Posted : 05/30/2013 10:30 pm

stella u're really thoughtful.<3

i'd help my child if he faces anything like this,work things out for him like am doing it for myself now.

be with him psychologically.like forum members here.

but i hope to bring him/her up in a way that he's able to believe that he/she's more than her/his skin or acne.

i know ppl who doesnt care a bit abt acne or other skin issues(like my cousin sister) and also many who freak out(somewhat like i do,sometimes)..so i hope children i general learn balance.

Yes, that's great to bring them up that way! If ever I have kids one day, I want to teach them those kinds of values : loving oneself despite the acne! not only acne, too, but about society's beauty standards in general. I will literally tell them "Fuck society's beauty standards!" and teach them to use that motto everyday lol

My parents have their beauty standards, too. Like in Asia, having pale skin is one of those standards. I have more of a tanned complexion and I was wearing foundation, and my mom told me I should wear a lighter shade. Umm, no, I don't want to look like I'm wearing a mask or look like a Geisha lol.

I think there's beauty in diversity! Be it light/dark skin, tall/short, curvy/thin and especially acne/clear skin, you can still be a beautiful person. The world would be boring if we all looked alike! I must admit I still have a hard time living up to what I think.

Wow, this is so well put. Your words have so much truth. Beauty standards around the world are so different from place to place, and yet they are all discriminatory of a certain type of beauty. Like you mentioned, pale skin is ideal in Asia, but here is the U.S. everyone seems to work to get the perfect tan. And there really is beauty in diversity. Our beauty standards in the west have changed over periods of time so that certain looks have been ideal. For a while women were praised for being curvy, then willowy and thin, and back and forth. For a while the "blonde bombshell" look was really popular (Marilyn Monroe), and now it seems the tan, athletic look is in. So why does only one type of beauty have to be the only type of beauty?

As for having children with acne, I would wait until my child starting getting acne to start dealing with it. Like you said, I don't want to make my child insecure and worry over something that is not even there yet. And if my child did end up developing acne, I would make it a point to show my child that it is not a big deal, it doesn't change how beautiful he/she is, etc. I think trying to prevent your child from developing acne, stretch marks, or some other aesthetical "flaw" creates an unnecessary negativity towards something that shouldn't really matter anyways. It's like telling your child that it's not okay to be flawed, to be human, and that's not okay. At least in my case, others' negativity towards normal human flaws and obsession with perfection eventually led to some pretty serious body image issues.

MemberMember
(@flowergirl1234)

Posted : 05/30/2013 10:45 pm

Infantile, or baby, acne is pretty common, but your daughter is quite a bit older than the age most develop it. From what I understand, it's usually caused by hormones passed on from the mother during the last stages of pregnancy, and it's usually pretty fleeting. Does she actually have pimples, or just enlarged pores? I would definitely ask your doctor about this if it's really concerning you.

MemberMember
(@madeleine24)

Posted : 05/31/2013 4:05 am

yeah it usually only happens to very young babies who are still being breastfed.

It could be Milia? Kids quite often get that.

MemberMember
(@perseverance92)

Posted : 05/31/2013 2:10 pm

So if you and your partner would have acne you wouldn't have a child? It's one thing to mentally make a note of such thoughts,it's entirely a different thing to have the temerity to write them online on a website where acne afflicted individuals congregate to offer solutions and feel better.You just won't want to have a child for a puny skin disorder called acne? eh,seriously??. I have known couples who plan for a child despite being wary of the potential genetic disorders which they could pass on to their offsprings.And i'm sure disorders such as Color blindness,Phenylketoneuria,Klinefelter's syndrome,Polycystic kidney disease and Turner's syndrome are definitely graver than acne.There are incidents of severe teratogenesis where the fetus gets severely deformed.Even then some couples don't abort their baby and struggle to get a normal life for it.Why all this? For the love of God perhaps....

If my parents in their teenage perhaps had the same line of thoughts as you had,i wouldn't be here.

Thought's like your even if they are for "future reference" are sullen,gloomy,morose and dismal.A lot of synonyms could perhaps indicate the degree of its negativity.

Sorry for over reacting :/

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 06/01/2013 1:05 am

So if you and your partner would have acne you wouldn't have a child? It's one thing to mentally make a note of such thoughts,it's entirely a different thing to have the temerity to write them online on a website where acne afflicted individuals congregate to offer solutions and feel better.You just won't want to have a child for a puny skin disorder called acne? eh,seriously??. I have known couples who plan for a child despite being wary of the potential genetic disorders which they could pass on to their offsprings.And i'm sure disorders such as Color blindness,Phenylketoneuria,Klinefelter's syndrome,Polycystic kidney disease and Turner's syndrome are definitely graver than acne.There are incidents of severe teratogenesis where the fetus gets severely deformed.Even then some couples don't abort their baby and struggle to get a normal life for it.Why all this? For the love of God perhaps....

If my parents in their teenage perhaps had the same line of thoughts as you had,i wouldn't be here.

Thought's like your even if they are for "future reference" are sullen,gloomy,morose and dismal.A lot of synonyms could perhaps indicate the degree of its negativity.

well said.

a skin disorder stopping u from having a baby is like swearing to produce miss world winner or undergo castration!

p.s even beauty contest winners seems more real with small-big problems!

MemberMember
(@ries)

Posted : 06/01/2013 3:11 am

Ok maybe Acne was a bad example but my point is, if you and your partner have some kind of grave illness that you could possibly passed on to your offspring, wouldn't you reconsider having a child because you don't want to see him/her struggle in the future? Well I probably would reconsider, but that's just me.

Anyways on topic

If my child showed concerns that he/she is bothered by their acne I will wait for the time when he/she will approach to me about it, and maybe take him/her to the derm. I'm not gonna be like "Oh hey your skin is bad, let's take you to the derm!"

Pointing imperfections is just bad enough.

MemberMember
(@dermarolling-girl)

Posted : 07/07/2013 7:38 pm

When I was my son's age, I never broke out. never. Then I turned 29 and started getting cystic acne. It was a shock to me. My mom used to get it when she was my age but hey, when you're young you don't pay attention to those things. It wasn't a big deal to me until I got mine. Major shock!

My son gets non cystic acne and it can be bad. He also gets it on his chest and back. I totally freak out. lol I take him to get facials as often as I can. I don't care how much it costs. Took him to the dermatologist but we both hated Minocycline. It didn't work for us. He also was using Altrin (or whatever that is called). It helped but he got lazy, stopped using it and the zits came back. I got a ton of face washes, biore strips..you name it and he has it. lol I try to get him to wash his face every morning and night but he's a lazy teen. Can't force him to do what he doesn't want to. I've gotten better about it and I'm trying not to be so obsessive. I just worry about my baby. But honestly, he doesn't seem to care about it. He always tells me he doesn't care and not to worry so much. I don't chase him around with the biore strips anymore or offer him money so that i can clean his face. haha yeah, I'm one of those mothers....

I will be so, so, so, so sad if my son inherits my cysts. I'd rather get triple the amount that I am getting then to have my poor child go through this crap. I will be so pissed at myself if he does... :(