Notifications
Clear all

The Truth Is The World Is A Sad Place

MemberMember
(@user174136)

Posted : 09/25/2013 5:01 am

First of all, I'm not coming back to this thread after I've posted, so I won't be reading any flaming that follows this.

Now:

The world is a place of duality. There's both good and evil; no one thing can have only one side, that would make it unbalanced and lack depth. Terrible things happen every day, and so do wonderful things. As I type this right now somebody is dying... and somebody is being born. Our perceptions of what happens all around us is ultimately what defines our experience. We can't control other people or most of the situations we find ourselves in, but what we can control is our response to those things. Acne exists, it's a fact of life for a lot of people - so does things far, far worse than a skin condition. Does this mean we should wallow in sadness and self pity? Depress the people that meet and talk to us, make the world a worse place with our frowns? No. This, I think, is all the more reason to smile - to add as much light and happiness to those around us as possible, to be good and do good, so that the joy in the world can carry on balancing out the bad things. People act like being defeated by life is ultimately destined to happen and that there's nothing worth fighting for, but I disagree. As long as there are people in this world there will be somebody I care about and somebody to smile for. We all have our battles, we all have pain. We also have the ability to fight those battles and to deal with that pain - and maybe even help others with their troubles, too. Giving up doesn't just let you down, it just adds you the figures of those who have given up, who have thought themselves useless for so long that ultimately they become useless in helping those around them. I will never be one of those people and nor will I have sympathy for them. You chose to fight and be happy or to fall and be miserable. I know which I prefer.

MemberMember
(@acl94536)

Posted : 09/25/2013 9:23 pm

I agree the world really is a sad place. By that, I mean the people in it. People care so much about material things and physical appearance, that they don't care about anything else. In my social psychology class last semester, there was a WHOLE CHAPTER dedicated to physical appearance and the part it plays in society. Did you know that more attractive people are more likely to get the job? It has NOTHING to do with qualifications and that's coming from an actual study. Pretty people are also more often attributed with "good" characteristics as well i.e. if you are pretty u must also be nice and smart etc blah blah. But that's not true! The beautiful people are the cruelest. They are the ones who make mean comments to other people because they aren't fortunate enough to look like they do. They just don't get it, because they've never experienced anything bad. Everything is just handed to them because they're pretty. It makes me sick.

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 09/26/2013 8:12 am

To spot the difference: your probably not going to read this but ill still reply....

For starters being born isnt necessarily a good thing. Not everyone wanted to be born thats why they are people that kill themselves.

Now obviously this place isnt all bad... Just the majority of of it. I am convinced that the bad outweighs the good. We do not yet live on a time were it is the other way around.

I think that people who dont seek happiness isnt always because they give up, but more because they dont see the point.

Me personally i would have rather lived in a time where most people are happy because a society like our modern one is far too selfish for me. It fails to see that this planet is for all.

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 09/26/2013 2:54 pm

To spot the difference: your probably not going to read this but ill still reply....

For starters being born isnt necessarily a good thing. Not everyone wanted to be born thats why they are people that kill themselves.

Now obviously this place isnt all bad... Just the majority of of it. I am convinced that the bad outweighs the good. We do not yet live on a time were it is the other way around.

I think that people who dont seek happiness isnt always because they give up, but more because they dont see the point.

Me personally i would have rather lived in a time where most people are happy because a society like our modern one is far too selfish for me. It fails to see that this planet is for all.

Are you a proponent of the Venus Project?

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 09/26/2013 10:41 pm

To spot the difference: your probably not going to read this but ill still reply....For starters being born isnt necessarily a good thing. Not everyone wanted to be born thats why they are people that kill themselves.Now obviously this place isnt all bad... Just the majority of of it. I am convinced that the bad outweighs the good. We do not yet live on a time were it is the other way around.I think that people who dont seek happiness isnt always because they give up, but more because they dont see the point.Me personally i would have rather lived in a time where most people are happy because a society like our modern one is far too selfish for me. It fails to see that this planet is for all.

Are you a proponent of the Venus Project?

Alexanderj86: Yes i am a big fan of fresco's work. Alot of what he talks about sounds like a great logical alternative to what is in place today! I take it you have looked into it too? I first heard of it off of peter's zietgiest movies. Im guessing you've seen the films too? If not I highly recommend you do!

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 09/28/2013 5:57 pm

What's up org, yup I'm back it again lol. I wanted to add just one more thing iv failed to address in any of my previous posts on this thread, that I strongly believe further supports my view of the big picture on a global level.

So let's get right into it, to date this planet has more people on it then in any other time in history. With so many of us you would think that perhaps there would be some kind of effort to build up support and maintain a society that values the best of what we are.

Certain qualities that brings out the best in us & I'm sure would make us happy to live among each other.

I feel that people today don't have that feeling of positive direction, that I feel would help the people conduct themselves in a more desirable manner.

Bringing back that feeling of morality & ethical behavior that I know for a fact would bring back our societal condition to a healthy state. I'm convinced that doing just that one thing would spread vast amount of happiness among the people & in the end isn't that all that matters?

Sadly I feel that our modern society's place far too much interest on things that don't even matter and far too less interest on things that do. It's as if the mentality of our society's have been hijacked by the most immoral, unethical, primitive people around. Its sick, it sucks & I am not happy about it at all..

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 10/02/2013 3:06 am

Frankly I just don't like society & I know I'm not alone when I say that.

Check this out I'm about to sum up every person's life in america & most of the world in one paragraph...

Work, school, have kids, die. Your kids & grandkids will do the same.

Lol wow nvm that was two sentences sigh... what a shame to have a mind like mine yet be limited to the hive mind collective group.

For fuk sake don't you people hate how everyone's life is virtually the same. It drives me fuking crazy!!!

Dame it I was born a few centuries too early. I live in such a primitive time, so full of limitations & boundaries...

MemberMember
(@lapis-lazuli)

Posted : 10/02/2013 5:32 pm

You're a sharp guy yet seemingly naive guy and you need to lighten up. The world isn't ever going to be filled with happy, carefree people in a society where no one hurts anyone else. If you think about it, it's kind of silly to think at this point that this is part of mankind's potential.

Watch this video of a recent attack in Belgium.

http://www.telegraaf.nl/buitenland/21864396/__Kopschopper_schokt_Belgie__.html

All the guy in the red shirt needs is a feeling of positive direction and he'll stop being a menace to society. eusa_doh.gif

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 10/03/2013 4:33 am

You're a sharp guy yet seemingly naive guy and you need to lighten up. The world isn't ever going to be filled with happy, carefree people in a society where no one hurts anyone else. If you think about it, it's kind of silly to think at this point that this is part of mankind's potential.Watch this video of a recent attack in Belgium. http://www.telegraaf.nl/buitenland/21864396/__Kopschopper_schokt_Belgie__.html All the guy in the red shirt needs is a feeling of positive direction and he'll stop being a menace to society. eusa_doh.gif

Hey lapis thanks for replying, unfortunately because I'm currently only on the web via smartphone I couldn't see the video.

I'll have to disagree about your opinion that a non violent happy world couldn't happen.

The human race is still very young as species. I'm sure that if we survive long enough, eventually we could make society like that.

I see our current age as the middle age, anything before barbaric age & perhaps a few centuries from now I would consider the true age of "civilized" society.

It won't be a perfect utopia, but to us I'm sure it would look like a close match. What will make all this possible I believe is nothing less then major paradigm shifts both technologically & socially.

If your still skeptical about this idea, I'll gladly point out some details. That I think support me theory well.

MemberMember
(@lapis-lazuli)

Posted : 10/07/2013 10:41 am

Feel free to point out some details. I'll come back later, read it, and think about it.

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 10/08/2013 2:40 pm

Feel free to point out some details. I'll come back later, read it, and think about it.

well i don't think it's that difficult, people just have to be more open minded about how to better run society. The system in place today went out of date a while ago around the industrial revolution. Since then we could have been able to provide everyone on earth with the basic necessities of life. Which is food, water & shelter.

It's just a matter of running things more efficiently & with the advancement of high tech that will become increasingly easier with the use of things like artificial intelligence & robotics.

The only thing preventing this historically has been special interest groups. You know ritch people, they want to stay on top & maintain power. I'm not talking about your local millionaire either, I'm talking about the very top here.

MemberMember
(@lapis-lazuli)

Posted : 10/10/2013 11:37 am

The only thing that's efficient enough and which I can see fixing things is when you have a test in schools where the kids have multiple choice questions like these:

You see an old lady being robbed in the streets. The thief has left and she has fallen to the ground. What do you do?

A: I help her up and ask if she's OK.

B: I walk past her and go about my business.

You'd like to start your own business. Choose the attitude that most resembles yours.

A: I'd like to make money but only through running a fair business.

B: I'd like to make money and if that means cheating people so be it.

You see a collegue being ignored by all your co-workers when she's not being ridiculed. Choose the answer which most resembles your reaction to this.

A: You are saddened.

B: You are indifferent.

C: You are amuzed.

And so on and so on. And then when someone consistently chooses B and C answers they won't go to the next grade until they start choosing A. You would have a system set in place so that these people can't cheat on the test and then when they are 12 years old and they still choose B and C answers, that's when you know they will always form a danger so you keep them from entering normal society and take them to a place where all the bad people go to live their lives the way they want to where they are seperate from the good people. You would basically have a part of the world populated only by bad people so there, basically nobody cares about anyone but themselves.

Apart from that, I don't see any kind of approach being effective enough. You will always have subpar people in the mix. Unless of course mankind genuinely evolves but I think it's like hoping a giraffe will somehow turn into an elephant; it is what it is.

But I guess time will tell. A time machine would be cool. I could go and check out how things will be in the year 10.000. It'd probably still be a mess. But who knows.

MemberMember
(@umaid619)

Posted : 10/10/2013 12:10 pm

We all live in a false reality, we try to go along with the system just to have a better future, lets face it if we didn't our lifes will be a lot worse then right now. There's too much hatred in this world, every man is for himself at the end of the day.

we just have to be optimistic about it and get along with it, we can't really do much else

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 10/17/2013 6:34 am

We all live in a false reality, we try to go along with the system just to have a better future, lets face it if we didn't our lifes will be a lot worse then right now. There's too much hatred in this world, every man is for himself at the end of the day. we just have to be optimistic about it and get along with it, we can't really do much else

isn't that the truth, but what realy pisses me off is that the false reality was made by the people on top. Im living based on their pre set boundaries and so is everyone else. Amazing how people just go along with it... Sad too.

MemberMember
(@umaid619)

Posted : 10/19/2013 3:04 am

We all live in a false reality, we try to go along with the system just to have a better future, lets face it if we didn't our lifes will be a lot worse then right now. There's too much hatred in this world, every man is for himself at the end of the day. we just have to be optimistic about it and get along with it, we can't really do much else

isn't that the truth, but what realy pisses me off is that the false reality was made by the people on top. Im living based on their pre set boundaries and so is everyone else. Amazing how people just go along with it... Sad too.

That's very true...i mean you'd think 7billion people on the planet, and probably 5% control everything we do, and what it annoys me is that people on here think you have depression problem...which is pathetic, you dont need to have something wrong with you to realize this world we live in is a cruel and corrupt world, they're just very naive...

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 10/19/2013 4:35 pm

That's very true...i mean you'd think 7billion people on the planet, and probably 5% control everything we do, and what it annoys me is that people on here think you have depression problem...which is pathetic, you dont need to have something wrong with you to realize this world we live in is a cruel and corrupt world, they're just very naive...

finally a like minded person here, yeah i agree man fully. We need a large chunk of the population to realize this too.

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 10/20/2013 5:51 am

finally a like minded person here, yeah i agree man fully. We need a large chunk of the population to realize this too.

There are two things that are talked about in this thread:

1) The System and the top 1%

2) The ordinary people around you

Choose about who you are talking about.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 10/20/2013 11:03 am

It's true that a powerful minority of people impose rules and try to control the rest of the population. That's not news, that's The Matrix grinwink.gif The problem is that without some rules and hierarchies it would be complete chaos, or so they want us to believe...

MemberMember
(@ballen)

Posted : 10/25/2013 12:17 am

While I do agree acne is a terrible curse, it has helped me in so many ways. If I just come out of this clear skinned, I thank God for my acne. You don't need to be poor, slaving through your life, (especially) because of acne. Actually, acne have given me a whole other perspective.

Acne doesn't make you poor, you make you poor.